PDA

View Full Version : Earths Magnetic Field

awestruckchild
Dec 19th 2008, 04:06 PM
Boy, this is interesting...
A physicist was on the news yesterday saying how they have discovered a hole in the earths magnetic field. He said this leaves us vulnerable to something that happens about once every 11 years where the sun flares up or "throws a tantrum" in his words and involved in this is a reversing every 11 years of the suns....poles? I think. It can affect all of our electomagnet gizmos and phones, satellites, etc.

He said the physicists were going public because they had discovered a miscalculation based on some wrong numbers and that the upcoming....flares would not be mild as they had thought but that they now think they will be more severe. He wanted to give a warning that we should have some back up plans set in place so everything didn't come to a screeching halt.

While he was speaking I was really getting zapped by the Holy Spirit pretty strong but I never know 100% exactly what He is saying so I just do the only thing I can and I pay attention and kind of store the information.

The really interesting thing is that the 11 year cycle peaks in 2012. I can't seem to get away from 2012 and it is bizarre. It kind of keeps coming up in things I read or hear. Just interesting, that's all...

awestruckchild
Dec 19th 2008, 04:10 PM
Also forgot to say, it is a bit eerie how I keep reading "christian" fiction and the plots start coming about. Like Terri Blackstock had a series about just what the physicist was saying - electromagnetic pulses hitting the earth....I know it is fiction and that it could simply be applying imagination to bible prophecy and kind of saying - what if?....but there are a few writers of christian fiction that are downright prophetic-seeming..

Ascender
Dec 19th 2008, 04:39 PM
Move in with the Amish until 2013 and all should be fine...

:B How much more fear mongering are we going to tolerate? Sure we need to be prepared and have plans, but between the global warming crowd, activist environmentalists who are social engineers in diguise, and the "jesus is coming back tomorrow" people...:eek:

teddyv
Dec 19th 2008, 04:43 PM
Boy, this is interesting...
A physicist was on the news yesterday saying how they have discovered a hole in the earths magnetic field. He said this leaves us vulnerable to something that happens about once every 11 years where the sun flares up or "throws a tantrum" in his words and involved in this is a reversing every 11 years of the suns....poles? I think. It can affect all of our electomagnet gizmos and phones, satellites, etc.

He said the physicists were going public because they had discovered a miscalculation based on some wrong numbers and that the upcoming....flares would not be mild as they had thought but that they now think they will be more severe. He wanted to give a warning that we should have some back up plans set in place so everything didn't come to a screeching halt.

While he was speaking I was really getting zapped by the Holy Spirit pretty strong but I never know 100% exactly what He is saying so I just do the only thing I can and I pay attention and kind of store the information.

The really interesting thing is that the 11 year cycle peaks in 2012. I can't seem to get away from 2012 and it is bizarre. It kind of keeps coming up in things I read or hear. Just interesting, that's all...
Do you have a link to this information?

awestruckchild
Dec 19th 2008, 04:46 PM
I didn't think this physicist was a "fearmongerer." I think he very much wanted to inform the public of a mistake in calculation that they had become aware of and he just wanted people to be aware that it is possible there will be some interruptions and frustrations in life in general.

It didn't scare me at all and in fact it excited me because the Holy Spirit moved in me. I trust God so much that I just don't get scared at all by things like this.

awestruckchild
Dec 19th 2008, 04:48 PM
Do you have a link to this information?

No I don't. But this physicist was interveiwed on foxnews channel yesterday.........maybe their website would have something about it.

RabbiKnife
Dec 19th 2008, 04:55 PM
Then if anyone says to you, 'Behold, here is the Christ,' or 'There He is,' do not believe him.

24"For false Christs and (AB (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=47&chapter=24&version=49#cen-NASB-23982AB))false prophets will arise and will show great (AC (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=47&chapter=24&version=49#cen-NASB-23982AC))signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even (AD (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=47&chapter=24&version=49#cen-NASB-23982AD))the elect.
25"Behold, I have told you in advance. 26"So if they say to you, 'Behold, He is in the wilderness,' do not go out, or, 'Behold, He is in the inner rooms,' do not believe them.

I stopped worrying about all the sign-seekers and doomsday prophets many years ago.

HisLeast
Dec 19th 2008, 05:01 PM
Here's the news link. (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,468268,00.html)

Complete with 2012 reference and everything. Keep in mind, FOX is one of the "news" agencies that said "scientists" thought the Large Hadron Collider could open a black hole and destroy us all. Consequently I'm a little suspicious as to what the physicist really said, and how the reporter interpreted the information.

awestruckchild
Dec 19th 2008, 05:02 PM
But that's what I'm saying-this man wasn't trying to be a doomsday prophet. He's just a physicist saying:oops! We miscalculated our data and numbers are a little off.

And Terri Blackstock wasn't trying to work people up with her fiction series either. It was actually a good read about how people had to learn to go back to the old way of doing things in so many ways because all electronics were wiped out for a period of time. In her fiction series more people turned to God because of the pulses.

awestruckchild
Dec 19th 2008, 05:06 PM

Complete with 2012 reference and everything. Keep in mind, FOX is one of the "news" agencies that said "scientists" thought the Large Hadron Collider could open a black hole and destroy us all. Consequently I'm a little suspicious as to what the physicist really said, and how the reporter interpreted the information.

Good greif man! Because this is a phenomenon that occurs every 11 years, which happens to be 2012, there is some agenda by foxnews??

HisLeast
Dec 19th 2008, 05:09 PM
Good greif man! Because this is a phenomenon that occurs every 11 years, which happens to be 2012, there is some agenda by foxnews??

Did I say agenda? I said I was suspicious about what the physicist really said and what the reporter UNDERSTOOD.

awestruckchild
Dec 19th 2008, 05:09 PM

And by the way, the things scientists have been wrong about over the years are too numerous to count but does this mean they shouldn't keep thinking and considering and attempting to inform or share what they believe they may have discovered?

If you have received the Holy Spirit and become sensitive to His voice, you look at things with more interest than fear...

HisLeast
Dec 19th 2008, 05:11 PM
And by the way, the things scientists have been wrong about over the years are too numerous to count but does this mean they shouldn't keep thinking and considering and attempting to inform or share what they believe they may have discovered?

If you care to re-read my post, you'll notice I said absolutely nothing about anything you wrote here.

If you have received the Holy Spirit and become sensitive to His voice, you look at things with more interest than fear...
Do I sound scared?

awestruckchild
Dec 19th 2008, 05:13 PM
Did I say agenda? I said I was suspicious about what the physicist really said and what the reporter UNDERSTOOD.

Well to be honest, the reporters kind of scoffed his information off as another y2k type thing. And the physicist pretty much did all the talking and the reporters listened.

awestruckchild
Dec 19th 2008, 05:17 PM
If you care to re-read my post, you'll notice I said absolutely nothing about anything you wrote here.

Do I sound scared?

Wow...
We just seem to not mesh together and be able to have a pleasant conversation. Sorry about that. I will not attempt to have a conversation with you anymore in the interest of keeping things unargumentative. I guess the things I find interesting are different from what you do....

teddyv
Dec 19th 2008, 05:17 PM
The thing is with this is that there is nothing actually new here. The sun and earth's magnetic fields have been the same for pretty much all of history. The difference is that scientists have a better understanding of what goes on and we humans are more and more dependant day-to-day on electricity and satellites which can (and always have been) affected by major solar storms.

awestruckchild
Dec 19th 2008, 05:22 PM
The thing is with this is that there is nothing actually new here. The sun and earth's magnetic fields have been the same for pretty much all of history. The difference is that scientists have a better understanding of what goes on and we humans are more and more dependant day-to-day on electricity and satellites which can (and always have been) affected by major solar storms.

Lol, Teddyv-
Cut me some slack-I only met God two and a half years ago and pretty much everything is new to me!

I think the gist of it was that the discovery of the hole in the earths magnetic field was fairly new and made us a little more vulnerable to future flares, but maybe it is old news - don't know-was a new thing to me...

teddyv
Dec 19th 2008, 05:32 PM
Lol, Teddyv-
Cut me some slack-I only met God two and a half years ago and pretty much everything is new to me!

I think the gist of it was that the discovery of the hole in the earths magnetic field was fairly new and made us a little more vulnerable to future flares, but maybe it is old news - don't know-was a new thing to me...
Paintdiva, you are correct that the scientific understanding is new and these observations are new to me as well. My point is only that the sun and earth have been interacting in this manner since creation. These "magnetic holes" have always existed in the past, we just have identified them better now. We are more vulnerable only because we are so reliant on electricity and out electrical grids are susceptible to large solar storms.

Cheers,

awestruckchild
Dec 19th 2008, 05:36 PM
Paintdiva, you are correct that the scientific understanding is new and these observations are new to me as well. My point is only that the sun and earth have been interacting in this manner since creation. These "magnetic holes" have always existed in the past, we just have identified them better now. We are more vulnerable only because we are so reliant on electricity and out electrical grids are susceptible to large solar storms.

Cheers,

Oh. I guess I thought that maybe they discovered the holes because they were a new thing. I wasn't aware that they have always been there from the beginning of creation and I guess I thought maybe they could involve a...."wearing out of the earth." Sort of like the ozone layer thoughts.
Cheers to you too!:D

David Taylor
Dec 19th 2008, 05:53 PM
I can't seem to get away from 2012 and it is bizarre. It kind of keeps coming up in things I read or hear. Just interesting, that's all...

IT's because all of the Y2K sensationalists are now picking it to make their money. 2012 is the next hot date to use to predict the end of the world.

Whoopee!!! another yet-to-be failed prediction.

:monkeyd:

After 2012, there will be another new-candidate picked, and it will become the next sensationalized date of armegeddon. Nothing new under the sun.

awestruckchild
Dec 19th 2008, 06:19 PM
I wasn't at all saying or thinking that 2012 was the end of the world and I didn't get that from what the physicist was saying.

I have heard the old Mayan thing about the world ending in 2012 and also the old Mayan legend that one day a giant spider web would cover the whole earth (This one gave me pause though because I thought, huh...a world wide web...)

I just think -I don't say I know anything for sur - but I just think that the Holy Spirit moving in me and speaking right then means there was some truth to what the physicist was saying and we could get a bigger electromagnetic zap than we are expecting and experience some disruptions. But mostly I just write these times He speaks down in a notebook and mull them over...

To think 2012 would be the end of the world as we know it would really clash big time with some of the other things I believe, like our removal from earth prior to the end and Him coming to get me like a theif in the night as with the old Jewish weddings. But I do stop and ponder how 2012 seems to keep coming up the same way I would ponder if.....any other thing was repeated in my reading or hearing or experience.

HisLeast
Dec 19th 2008, 06:25 PM
Wow...
We just seem to not mesh together and be able to have a pleasant conversation. Sorry about that. I will not attempt to have a conversation with you anymore in the interest of keeping things unargumentative. I guess the things I find interesting are different from what you do....

All I said was I was suspicious about Fox's ability to accurately report on high science. I apologize that you interpret that as being argumentative or that I find the topic boring. If I wasn't interested in the science of it, I wouldn't have even replied to the thread.

Ascender
Dec 19th 2008, 06:30 PM
numbers are interesting and the human mind even more interesting.

I have a paticular make and model of car. It is a particular color as well.

Since I have such a vehicle, I see them on the road quite often, models very similar to the one I drive -- they seem to catch my eye!

When I turned 13, it was on the 13th day of the month and I ended up getting 13 presents. Thirteen became a favorite number and I saw it everywhere. Now I see the number 42 everywhere...maybe cause that is how old I am right now. The point being, we see what we are looking for and even what we are trying to ignore.

Scripture tells us that where our heart is, there will our treasure be also. The principal is that what we look for, what we seek for, what we put to the forfront of our thought and mind is what we will find. Mental self discipline goes far. If you start seeing patterns and you don't like the pattern, change the mindset.

awestruckchild
Dec 19th 2008, 06:43 PM

Since I have such a vehicle, I see them on the road quite often, models very similar to the one I drive -- they seem to catch my eye!

When I turned 13, it was on the 13th day of the month and I ended up getting 13 presents. Thirteen became a favorite number and I saw it everywhere. Now I see the number 42 everywhere...maybe cause that is how old I am right now. The point being, we see what we are looking for and even what we are trying to ignore.

Scripture tells us that where our heart is, there will our treasure be also. The principal is that what we look for, what we seek for, what we put to the forfront of our thought and mind is what we will find. Mental self discipline goes far. If you start seeing patterns and you don't like the pattern, change the mindset.

Lol.
Hasn't God ever gotten your attention through repetition of something? He does it to me a lot but this doesn't mean He does it with everyone...

Sometimes a certain verse will pop into my head and some time later I will walk into the middle of a discussion about the very topic or verse and then He might put something as inocuous as a book of fiction in my hand and there it pops up again and then sometime later someone may say...hey, what do you make of this verse or idea or topic.

My heart is in a constant state of pining for God and I tend to see Him in very small and minute things as well as large but this could be just because I am constantly looking for Him.

Somehow, this reminds me of Chesterton though no one else may see the tie-in and I will probably mangle his thought as I don't know the exact quote but it was something like...a trunk on one elephant is a curiousity. Trunks on all elephants seems like a plot.

I think like that regarding things He seems to be repeating, like the first time it was just a stray thought but the more it keeps coming up, the more it seems like His doing or leading or getting me to focus on and think about something.

awestruckchild
Dec 19th 2008, 06:47 PM
I don't freak out about things but I find some very interesting things in science to think on like the whole belief that the ozone layer is depleting. This ties in to scripture so seamlessly because we do know that one day the sun will scorch people and it just seems to me to be lead up to what God has said will happen. It doesn't make me run around saying the sky is falling and only evil people wear hairspray but I do find it intriguing.

teddyv
Dec 19th 2008, 06:56 PM

Well that is the answer to life, the universe, and everything! (Well, not really of course, but I couldn't resist:D)

awestruckchild
Dec 19th 2008, 07:00 PM
Numbers seem to have at least some significance in the bible as do repetitions...

Ascender
Dec 19th 2008, 07:02 PM
I think there is a careful tension that needs to be maintained between coincidence and repeated nudges by the Holy Spirit, but that is a different topic.

In this case, 2012 is little more than a pattern of repetition based on prior repetition and therefore a self realizing pattern.

Ascender
Dec 19th 2008, 07:03 PM
Well that is the answer to life, the universe, and everything! (Well, not really of course, but I couldn't resist:D)

So long, and thanks for all the dolphin free tuna...:rofl:

awestruckchild
Dec 19th 2008, 07:19 PM
I think there is a careful tension that needs to be maintained between coincidence and repeated nudges by the Holy Spirit, but that is a different topic.

In this case, 2012 is little more than a pattern of repetition based on prior repetition and therefore a self realizing pattern.

I honestly don't really see much coincidence in anything. I mean, I do, but then usually find out later it wasn't coincidence at all.

And I quite literally think that He doesn't stop guiding my every little step even to the point where if I happen to have a flat tire I praise Him because I just never know if it may have stopped me from a bad accident or whatever else. I can't even seem to mumble or complain about so much as a stubbed toe because I have seen how He works and I am totally surrendered to whatever He wills to come to me at every step. Even a bad back can't seem to give me cause to complain because of the necessity of a chiropractors visit once every week or two because of the amazing people and situations He has put me in contact with in the waiting room there!

Dragonfighter1
Dec 19th 2008, 07:47 PM
Yeah, umm, the errr, 2012 thing is just the start, yeah!

Umm the err, thing is... Thats the time when umm the electrical disturbances destabilize the err... satellites and then the Chinese (you know the dragon of the Revelation prohecies) errm well they fire off a defensive missile and then everyone realizes that nothing was really goin on so we elect umm, someone really sneaky and powerful, and then err we have peace for a while and thats when the solar flare disruption gets of kilter and the earths magnetic field reverses shooting missiles back at our own country and we blow our selves up a bit. But then another scientist being kept in kryostasis (its err, Einstein yeah that the dude) well he has made a machine to....
oh.....blahh....

This isnt sounding as funny as I was hoping....

hey everyone.. it was a good discussion; yes, I do see things on the horizon,, for me the horizon though is out at the 2030 mark... but thats just a feeling and I know they can't be trusted!

Ah well, hope you enjoyed my fiction a little bit...
DF

Ascender
Dec 19th 2008, 07:54 PM
I honestly don't really see much coincidence in anything. I mean, I do, but then usually find out later it wasn't coincidence at all.

And I quite literally think that He doesn't stop guiding my every little step even to the point where if I happen to have a flat tire I praise Him because I just never know if it may have stopped me from a bad accident or whatever else. I can't even seem to mumble or complain about so much as a stubbed toe because I have seen how He works and I am totally surrendered to whatever He wills to come to me at every step. Even a bad back can't seem to give me cause to complain because of the necessity of a chiropractors visit once every week or two because of the amazing people and situations He has put me in contact with in the waiting room there!

So your mind has never played tricks on you? You have never mistaken one key for another or had an accident? Just as I do not blame satan for every thing, nor do I blame God for everything. I make enough assumptions and errors of my own stupidity and refuse to blame God for making me walk off a porch backwards...

awestruckchild
Dec 19th 2008, 08:22 PM
So your mind has never played tricks on you? You have never mistaken one key for another or had an accident? Just as I do not blame satan for every thing, nor do I blame God for everything. I make enough assumptions and errors of my own stupidity and refuse to blame God for making me walk off a porch backwards...

It is kind of the point that while I wouldn't blame God for making me walk off a porch backwards I also wouldn't complain. I would just wait to see what He was doing, I guess. I can't see all that He can. But I could play what if with this scenario...

Maybe, I have a serious physical problem that can be fixed, but only if caught in time and by bashing my head falling off the porch, an MRI is done and the problem is caught in time.

The point is that I may find out why later or I may have to wait until I see Him face to face but I trust Him in all things and in every circumstance.

I realize a debate usually pops up at this point over whether it is ever Gods' will that something bad happen to us but I don't really get caught up in that debate because it really isn't the point to me. The point is that He can work anything for good if I just trust Him. It doesn't matter that I don't always get to see His purposes right away, I mean Joseph sat in prison for thirteen years after his brothers did him great evil but in the end Gods' plan was seen.

I think our attitude and thoughts on this are directly linked to how fully we have given ourselves over to His will, not ours. And to how fully we have come to trust Him or not.

awestruckchild
Dec 19th 2008, 08:32 PM
I guess I want to add that I would much rather meet Him face to face one day and have Him say that I went a little overboard on the trust thing than that I didn't trust Him enough.

Ascender
Dec 19th 2008, 08:38 PM
I guess I want to add that I would much rather meet Him face to face one day and have Him say that I went a little overboard on the trust thing than that I didn't trust Him enough.

:D well said :D

awestruckchild
Dec 19th 2008, 08:39 PM
I thought of another scientific thing that seems to make perfect sense to me. Scientists have discovered that the universe is expanding and if He's in heaven preparing rooms for us all it makes too much sense that its expanding!

awestruckchild
Dec 19th 2008, 08:45 PM
:D well said :D

Well thanks!
I can hear Him now....Oh ye of a ridiculous amount of faith!

David Taylor
Dec 19th 2008, 09:25 PM
I wasn't at all saying or thinking that 2012 was the end of the world and I didn't get that from what the physicist was saying.

I have heard the old Mayan thing about the world ending in 2012 and also the old Mayan legend that one day a giant spider web would cover the whole earth (This one gave me pause though because I thought, huh...a world wide web...)

I just think -I don't say I know anything for sur - but I just think that the Holy Spirit moving in me and speaking right then means there was some truth to what the physicist was saying and we could get a bigger electromagnetic zap than we are expecting and experience some disruptions. But mostly I just write these times He speaks down in a notebook and mull them over...

To think 2012 would be the end of the world as we know it would really clash big time with some of the other things I believe, like our removal from earth prior to the end and Him coming to get me like a theif in the night as with the old Jewish weddings. But I do stop and ponder how 2012 seems to keep coming up the same way I would ponder if.....any other thing was repeated in my reading or hearing or experience.

My point wasn't lumping you into the 2012 thingy; just to say that it is the 'new envogue' fad armageddon year for those types of sensationalists like the guys who did the same thing about Y2K.

That's all. That's why alot of people are ringing the 2012 bell these days.

awestruckchild
Dec 19th 2008, 09:53 PM
I didn't misunderstand David. I understood exactly what you were saying - that the reason I can't seem to get away from 2012, 2012, 2012 is because the kooks have latched onto it and begun chanting it. I saw your point and I didn't think you were lumping me in with the kooks.

I wasn't even replying to your post really but instead to the overall tone of replies. I wanted everyone to know I wasn't saying the world was ending then but just found it really interesting.

I will do whatever I can to stay off that kook list!:lol: