PDA

View Full Version : The Congregation Fall Back

copper25
Dec 19th 2008, 06:28 PM
Numbers 16:26) And he spake unto the congregation, saying, Depart, I pray you, from the tents of these wicked men, and touch nothing of their's, lest ye be consumed in all their sins.

How important is it that we depart from sin, to get rid of it, lest it consume us? For the sin of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram, many were lead astray. Korah, Dathan, and Abiram, for their sin were consumed by the earth. Anyone who did not depart from their tents was consumed along with them as well as their possessions. Fleeing from sin is a key thing. What benefit does living in sin have? “How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! They are utterly consumed with terror”. “Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end”. But how often do people misunderstand! When we are called to holiness we can no longer stay in the bondage of sin, else what would we be freed from? “the truth shall make you free”. People making their own liberty err from the faith. Thinking they can live outside of the biblical principle, horribly deceived, vulnerable, and naked because what will cover their shame while they live in this world where idolism runs ramped, immorality is high, and confusion is common? Blindness is a terrible thing to have, especial when is spiritual.

People, like adolescences, apart from God’s word don’t know right from wrong, but are in fact carnal. “Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be”, when someone tries to obey God in their own way they will fail. Apart from scriptural obedience, there is no other way! To be knowledgeable on God’s word is key in this sinfully manifested world to live a life pleasing to Him. People cannot keep what they don’t know, nor what they don’t spend time in. This is why so many people lie still stuck in their own wickedness; because they neglect God’s word or devalue its meaning and strictness of expectation we are suppose to live in. How can one not heed the cutting words “Man shall not live on bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” This is a literal; either a person lives by the word of God or will be judged by it later at Great white throne judgment day.

OldChurchGuy
Dec 20th 2008, 04:18 AM
Numbers 16:26) And he spake unto the congregation, saying, Depart, I pray you, from the tents of these wicked men, and touch nothing of their's, lest ye be consumed in all their sins.

How important is it that we depart from sin, to get rid of it, lest it consume us? For the sin of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram, many were lead astray. Korah, Dathan, and Abiram, for their sin were consumed by the earth. Anyone who did not depart from their tents was consumed along with them as well as their possessions. Fleeing from sin is a key thing. What benefit does living in sin have? “How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! They are utterly consumed with terror”. “Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end”. But how often do people misunderstand! When we are called to holiness we can no longer stay in the bondage of sin, else what would we be freed from? “the truth shall make you free”. People making their own liberty err from the faith. Thinking they can live outside of the biblical principle, horribly deceived, vulnerable, and naked because what will cover their shame while they live in this world where idolism runs ramped, immorality is high, and confusion is common? Blindness is a terrible thing to have, especial when is spiritual.

People, like adolescences, apart from God’s word don’t know right from wrong, but are in fact carnal. “Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be”, when someone tries to obey God in their own way they will fail. Apart from scriptural obedience, there is no other way! To be knowledgeable on God’s word is key in this sinfully manifested world to live a life pleasing to Him. People cannot keep what they don’t know, nor what they don’t spend time in. This is why so many people lie still stuck in their own wickedness; because they neglect God’s word or devalue its meaning and strictness of expectation we are suppose to live in. How can one not heed the cutting words “Man shall not live on bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” This is a literal; either a person lives by the word of God or will be judged by it later at Great white throne judgment day.

A major point of the above post seems to be "sin". What is the definition of "sin"?

Sincerely,

OldChurchGuy

BCF
Dec 20th 2008, 04:26 AM
What is the definition of "sin"?

Good question.....I would say anything that God is against would be sin.

Yukerboy
Dec 20th 2008, 05:45 AM
1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

OldChurchGuy
Dec 22nd 2008, 04:10 PM
Good question.....I would say anything that God is against would be sin.

Just curious. My understanding of the word "sin" is that it is an archer's term meaning "missing the mark" or "missing the bulls eye".

Regardless, what is God against? Denying God? Slavery? Materialism? Giving women the right to vote? War? Technology? Evolution? (to name a few).

As always,

OldChurchGuy

BCF
Dec 22nd 2008, 05:32 PM
Just curious. My understanding of the word "sin" is that it is an archer's term meaning "missing the mark" or "missing the bulls eye".

Regardless, what is God against? Denying God? Slavery? Materialism? Giving women the right to vote? War? Technology? Evolution? (to name a few).

As always,

OldChurchGuy

God is against anything that is not centered in His Love.

"For I give you a New Commandment, Love one another, as I have first Loved you."

If we can do that with putting God first, we would be one of His disciples indeed. As far as sin goes....we can't get away from it, b/c we are born into sin with carnal bodies. That is why Our Lord sent His Son to die on that tree for us. But we can strive to do the will of God which is show His Love into a dying world who does not understand what Love is.

God Bless,

Dave

OldChurchGuy
Dec 24th 2008, 04:18 PM
God is against anything that is not centered in His Love.

"For I give you a New Commandment, Love one another, as I have first Loved you."

If we can do that with putting God first, we would be one of His disciples indeed. As far as sin goes....we can't get away from it, b/c we are born into sin with carnal bodies. That is why Our Lord sent His Son to die on that tree for us. But we can strive to do the will of God which is show His Love into a dying world who does not understand what Love is.

God Bless,

Dave

Thank you for the excellent response.

At the risk of being accused a traitor to my country, would it be correct to conclude the U.S. involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan runs counter to the above?

Sincerely,

OldChurchGuy

Chimon
Dec 24th 2008, 06:27 PM
People, like adolescences, apart from God’s word don’t know right from wrong, but are in fact carnal.

Okay, so as a Youth Ministry guy, I have to flip out about this. Please forgive me.

Why is it necessary to single out adolescents for a jibe about sin? All people are equally depraved and carnal, you don't need to say that people are carnal "like adolescents"

This kind of attitude and comments from the older generation is what creates distrust and secrecy between the younger generation and the older generation. People will rise or sink to what you expect of them, and if we expect the upcoming generation to be carnal, criminal, drug addicted sex fiends, then they probably will be. It is our responsibility to set high standards, not low ones.

So please, don't make comments like that about young people. It hurts their spiritual life and it complicates my job.

Possibly I have misunderstood you, in which case I ask your forgiveness. However, if I have misunderstood you, I expect many young people have to, in which case I entreat you to be more clear so that you will not be interpreted as maligning adolescents or having low expectations of them.

With apologies about my passionate argument, and Love in Christ,
Chimon

BCF
Dec 24th 2008, 09:01 PM
Thank you for the excellent response.

At the risk of being accused a traitor to my country, would it be correct to conclude the U.S. involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan runs counter to the above?

Sincerely,

OldChurchGuy

To answer your question based off of my previous answer to you, in all honesty, I really can't. Simply b/c I would not know how much of our involvement would be centered around some political reason, and how much of it was centered around God's Love. I'm not in a position to make such a bold statement as to say which was which. To do so would be judging, and I am not worthy to judge anyone for anything.

I place the involvement of what we have with those countries in God's hands, and let Him do as He will with it. This is the best answer that I can give you. I'm sorry if it is not what you were looking for.

God Bless,

Dave

SIG
Dec 25th 2008, 12:03 AM
Phl 2:12 So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;

Phl 2:13 for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for {His} good pleasure.

copper25--I see no mention in your post of Christ, salvation, or the indwelt Holy Spirit, Who seals us for God's purposes.

It is He and His Word who washes us from sin.

Can you accurately see to what degree others--or yourself--have been washed?