PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Article on Seperation/Soul Winning

poochie
Dec 20th 2008, 01:57 PM
Since not a single person has chosen to give me their input on this vital doctrine, I have chosen to generalize my experience. Most evangelicals and charismatics (perhaps all Charismatics) do not take the doctrine of separation seriously. A non response or a non enthusiastic response communicates this. This is what separates Fundamentalists from the bunch in this one area.

In chapel recently we had a soul winning fire and Brimstone Fundamentalist evangelist. He said what needed to be said. He exposed 2 well known Charismatic and evangelical ministers publicly. He referred to Reformed types as "nonsense" and called those not serious about Soul Winning as "cowards." People that do not have the time, are more serious about their academics than about preaching the Bible and such he said were cowards. I absolutely loved this man and his preaching and downloaded all of his audio sermons.

I challenge you to get serious about Soul Winning and the many passages that speak about it. Also to read Acts. Paul was openly confronted and in one verse did his opponents say "rid the earth of him." Many Christians these days do not want confrontation and refer to those that get negatives responses as "not called to evangelize." This is not what the Bible teaches and separation from such pastors/ministers and churches that teach this is to be applied.

Bethany67
Dec 20th 2008, 02:28 PM
I don't know which other thread you're referring to; perhaps others didn't see it either. What's this preacher's name? I'd like to listen to some of his stuff.

ProjectPeter
Dec 20th 2008, 02:44 PM
And I know many Fundamentalist preachers who love preaching about soul winning are the type that travel the globe to convert someone only to make them twice the sons of hell as they are.

With what you describe... I'd learn my method of soul winning somewhere else. I've heard the message.

Ekeak
Dec 20th 2008, 02:53 PM
How can you "win souls" except through speaking? How can you "win souls" at all? Does not Christ win souls? Didn't he give us all different jobs in the church?

Vhayes
Dec 20th 2008, 03:18 PM
Hi Poochie -

I don't know the thread you are speaking about either, so maybe it was just overlooked.

This troubles me a bit:

In chapel recently we had a soul winning fire and Brimstone Fundamentalist evangelist. He said what needed to be said. He exposed 2 well known Charismatic and evangelical ministers publicly. He referred to Reformed types as "nonsense" and called those not serious about Soul Winning as "cowards." People that do not have the time, are more serious about their academics than about preaching the Bible and such he said were cowards. I absolutely loved this man and his preaching and downloaded all of his audio sermons.

As I read this, all I could think was if I was not a Christian and had heard this, I would have walked out and not looked back. A call to action is one thing - a call to action through self-righteousness is a whole 'nuther thing. What may be nonsense to this man may make perfect sense to another. Is one a coward who plants a seed? Or one who only waters; is he unworthy? Must someone go out and bash people over the head with hellfire before they are considered "brave"? Sounds more like a person depending on their delievery than on the message and the Spirit to prepare hearts and minds.

Rather than finding fault, why not seek to glorify God that different people are reached in different ways by different approaches?

Anyway - those are my thoughts -
V

ProjectPeter
Dec 20th 2008, 03:24 PM
How can you "win souls" except through speaking? How can you "win souls" at all? Does not Christ win souls? Didn't he give us all different jobs in the church?We want to be careful to not get hung up in religious speak to the point that we nitpick everything apart. Keep in mind that the use of "winning souls" is perfectly legit and biblical.

1 Corinthians 9:19 ¶For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, that I might win the more.
20 And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law, though not being myself under the Law, that I might win those who are under the Law;
21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, that I might win those who are without law.
22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, that I may by all means save some.
23 And I do all things for the sake of the gospel, that I may become a fellow partaker of it.

Winning souls is exactly what Paul is speaking of. :)

bennie
Dec 20th 2008, 04:25 PM
Since not a single person has chosen to give me their input on this vital doctrine, I have chosen to generalize my experience. Most evangelicals and charismatics (perhaps all Charismatics) do not take the doctrine of separation seriously. A non response or a non enthusiastic response communicates this. This is what separates Fundamentalists from the bunch in this one area.

I challenge you to get serious about Soul Winning and the many passages that speak about it. Also to read Acts. Paul was openly confronted and in one verse did his opponents say "rid the earth of him." Many Christians these days do not want confrontation and refer to those that get negatives responses as "not called to evangelize." This is not what the Bible teaches and separation from such pastors/ministers and churches that teach this is to be applied.

hi poochie

it is a hard topic to just dot a few thoughts down on. it takes a lot of study and praying.
Ultimately we all should win souls for Christ, some do it different that others though.
Other teachers of the bible should not talk bad about other teachers, it does not reflect good on them. If something is uttering complete heresy, i say, correct the person. But, with a gentle tong.

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=151458

this is the tread poochie was talking about.

bennie

poochie
Dec 20th 2008, 06:22 PM
There is one way to bring people to Christ and that is through Preaching the Word and telling them that they are a hellfire & hell bound sinner and are a heartbeat away from the fire. They need to hear Jesus and REPENT!!

Rom 10:14-How shall they hear without a preacher?
1 Cor 1:18- For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness, but to us that are being saved IT IS THE POWER OF GOD.
2 Tim 4:2-Preach the Word

All scriptures quoted from the KJV (although I at times also use the modern translations (NKJV, ESV, NIV, NASB)

Read about Paul and his approach in Acts 18 and also read the response that the hellbound sinners gave him.

Hi Poochie -

I don't know the thread you are speaking about either, so maybe it was just overlooked.

This troubles me a bit:

As I read this, all I could think was if I was not a Christian and had heard this, I would have walked out and not looked back. A call to action is one thing - a call to action through self-righteousness is a whole 'nuther thing. What may be nonsense to this man may make perfect sense to another. Is one a coward who plants a seed? Or one who only waters; is he unworthy? Must someone go out and bash people over the head with hellfire before they are considered "brave"? Sounds more like a person depending on their delievery than on the message and the Spirit to prepare hearts and minds.

Rather than finding fault, why not seek to glorify God that different people are reached in different ways by different approaches?

Anyway - those are my thoughts -
V

poochie
Dec 20th 2008, 06:23 PM
I don't know which other thread you're referring to; perhaps others didn't see it either. What's this preacher's name? I'd like to listen to some of his stuff.

http://farrellministries.org/Sermons/tabid/309/language/en-US/Default.aspx

poochie
Dec 20th 2008, 06:27 PM
Thats your choice. But as God is my witness and I stand by my Bible I cant think of a better method.

And I know many Fundamentalist preachers who love preaching about soul winning are the type that travel the globe to convert someone only to make them twice the sons of hell as they are.

With what you describe... I'd learn my method of soul winning somewhere else. I've heard the message.

poochie
Dec 20th 2008, 06:33 PM
Hello Bennie.

The topic seems very black and white to me. The Bible is very clear on the commission to soul win and the commission to separate. Its a simple topic to understand. Many Evangelicals & Charismatics deny the doctrine of sufficiency and also the Historical Grammatical approach to the scriptures and so black and white commands take much thinking and understanding. For example many debate over the issue of whether or not a woman can teach, preach or have spiritual authority over a man. Thats not a debatable issue and in Fundamentalism no one debates this issue.

hi poochie

it is a hard topic to just dot a few thoughts down on. it takes a lot of study and praying.
Ultimately we all should win souls for Christ, some do it different that others though.
Other teachers of the bible should not talk bad about other teachers, it does not reflect good on them. If something is uttering complete heresy, i say, correct the person. But, with a gentle tong.

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=151458

this is the tread poochie was talking about.

bennie

ProjectPeter
Dec 20th 2008, 06:44 PM
And for $3.00 a sermon... you can hear this important word from the Lord. ;)

HisLeast
Dec 20th 2008, 09:52 PM
There is one way to bring people to Christ and that is through Preaching the Word and telling them that they are a hellfire & hell bound sinner and are a heartbeat away from the fire. They need to hear Jesus and REPENT!!

Respectfully, that's not how my father, his mother, his brother, my mother, her mother, her brother, her sister, my wife, or I came to saving faith in Christ. Hellfire and brimstone preaching is therefore not the only means of sharing the gospel.

HisLeast
Dec 20th 2008, 10:05 PM
I stole this link from another thread, but it seems appropriate here too.
http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=245243

Penn Jillette, of Penn & Teller, is a fairly outspoken atheist who has frequently and loudly challenged Christianity on multiple occasions. That's what makes this video so spectacular. One man's kindness, courtesy, and consideration... one man meeting Penn where he was at has made this devout atheist sit and take notice.

threebigrocks
Dec 20th 2008, 10:45 PM
Thats your choice. But as God is my witness and I stand by my Bible I cant think of a better method.

That sort of preaching is something I can't sit for, least for very long nor very often.

The most important thing we can do is to show a sinner their need for a Savior. Balance the message, and let the Lord work it in. If someone only hears "Yer goin' to hail!!", they don't know why only that they are. If we miss showing them their need - all the fire and brimstone in the world will only expose their destination and not the reason why they need to a Savior to avoid it.

Vhayes
Dec 21st 2008, 12:21 AM

Rom 10:14-How shall they hear without a preacher?
1 Cor 1:18- For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness, but to us that are being saved IT IS THE POWER OF GOD.
2 Tim 4:2-Preach the Word

All scriptures quoted from the KJV (although I at times also use the modern translations (NKJV, ESV, NIV, NASB)

Read about Paul and his approach in Acts 18 and also read the response that the hellbound sinners gave him.
There must be more ways than that because I was not told I had to repent to be saved - I was given a Savior Who covered all that I had ever done wrong. I was well aware that I HAD done things wrong.

By seeking His face, by submitting my will, I grew daily and learned what needed changed, bit by bit. Some things changed at once, others took a bit longer and there are still others that He exposes to me as I mature in His love and wisdom.

You don't have to get them lost before you get them saved - they already know they are lost if the Holy Spirit has been working.
V

poochie
Dec 21st 2008, 01:36 AM
God works in mysterious ways but his word is very clear. Yes God can use disobedient or ignorant believers, but he primarily uses his word. God can use rock concerts to bring people to himself, but he does not primarily use this method nor endorse it. God can also use female pastors but the Bible is quite clear on the role of a female in the ministry/church.

Respectfully, that's not how my father, his mother, his brother, my mother, her mother, her brother, her sister, my wife, or I came to saving faith in Christ. Hellfire and brimstone preaching is therefore not the only means of sharing the gospel.

poochie
Dec 21st 2008, 01:43 AM
[quote=threebigrocks;1913844]That sort of preaching is something I can't sit for, least for very long nor very often.

Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Eze 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Also refer to this article (http://www.cerm.info/bible_studies/Theological/hell.htm)

or

http://www.cerm.info/bible_studies/Theological/hell.htm

poochie
Dec 21st 2008, 01:46 AM
There must be more ways than that because I was not told I had to repent to be saved - I was given a Savior Who covered all that I had ever done wrong. I was well aware that I HAD done things wrong.

By seeking His face, by submitting my will, I grew daily and learned what needed changed, bit by bit. Some things changed at once, others took a bit longer and there are still others that He exposes to me as I mature in His love and wisdom.

You don't have to get them lost before you get them saved - they already know they are lost if the Holy Spirit has been working.
V

How do they know they are lost if they do not realize what sin is?

Romans 10:14- How shall they hear without a preacher?

threebigrocks
Dec 21st 2008, 02:19 AM
[quote]

Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Eze 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Also refer to this article (http://www.cerm.info/bible_studies/Theological/hell.htm)

or

http://www.cerm.info/bible_studies/Theological/hell.htm

See, the scripture I can handle. No problem. Plenty of condemnation in scripture, plenty of fire and brimstone. It's truth, pure and simple.

But unless someone understands that they are a sinner, and that they have a need for a Savior - all the fire and brimstone we can light up wont' matter. A person may already understand that by seeds another has planted by the time they hear such a sermon, but as an unbeliever they expect people to come at them with fire and brimstone. They expect Jesus loves you too. Their ears usually are deaf to such a message. They don't expect to have lenses to put to their eyes to see where they stand as an unbeliever before God as they are.

A harsh message doesn't show a person why they will wind up outside of God's favor and under judgment. Unless they understand that, all the condemnation in the world is just condemnation. Hearts must change.

Scripture is scripture and there are many who say they are Christian who struggle with accepting the harsh realities of it. What they need to know is that they are sinner in need of a Savior.

Vhayes
Dec 21st 2008, 02:32 AM
How do they know they are lost if they do not realize what sin is?

Romans 10:14- How shall they hear without a preacher?
How shall they hear what, Poochie?

The ..Good News of the Gospel is this:
Acts 19

30-and after he brought them out, he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" 31-They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."

The Holy Spirit prepares hearts and minds. He is imminently capable of revealing to each their sin.

Does that explain a bit better what I am meaning?
V

poochie
Dec 21st 2008, 06:34 AM
How you speak sounds so much like the Church Marketing/seeker friendly movement. Whats the name of your church and can I see the website?

[quote=poochie;1913984]

See, the scripture I can handle. No problem. Plenty of condemnation in scripture, plenty of fire and brimstone. It's truth, pure and simple.

But unless someone understands that they are a sinner, and that they have a need for a Savior - all the fire and brimstone we can light up wont' matter. A person may already understand that by seeds another has planted by the time they hear such a sermon, but as an unbeliever they expect people to come at them with fire and brimstone. They expect Jesus loves you too. Their ears usually are deaf to such a message. They don't expect to have lenses to put to their eyes to see where they stand as an unbeliever before God as they are.

A harsh message doesn't show a person why they will wind up outside of God's favor and under judgment. Unless they understand that, all the condemnation in the world is just condemnation. Hearts must change.

Scripture is scripture and there are many who say they are Christian who struggle with accepting the harsh realities of it. What they need to know is that they are sinner in need of a Savior.

poochie
Dec 21st 2008, 06:35 AM
And he uses the bold bible preaching of pastors that are not ashamed of the gospel.

How shall they hear what, Poochie?

The ..Good News of the Gospel is this:
Acts 19

30-and after he brought them out, he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" 31-They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."

The Holy Spirit prepares hearts and minds. He is imminently capable of revealing to each their sin.

Does that explain a bit better what I am meaning?
V

Bethany67
Dec 21st 2008, 10:23 AM
I have a preference for strong no-nonsense preaching myself, but the WAY it's presented can be a problem. If someone's ranting and shouting and frothing at the mouth, I'm not going to listen, I'm going to be dodging the dribble.

Take Jonathan Edwards, for example. His sermon 'Sinners in the hands of an angry God' has gone down in history as one of the most famous sermons ever, but we are told that his presentation was solemn and calm and quiet. Nonetheless many were convicted by it and came to salvation. Its not the force of the presentation that changes anything, it's God moving through it by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Or this - a recounting of the Hebrides revival in the 1940s/1950s by Duncan Campbell who was the visiting preacher:

http://www.shilohouse.org/Hebrides_Revival.htm

threebigrocks
Dec 21st 2008, 04:49 PM
[quote=poochie;1914225]How you speak sounds so much like the Church Marketing/seeker friendly movement. Whats the name of your church and can I see the website?

I do not ascribe to any of the modern day seeker friendly movement, hardly! Poochie, I stand on scripture. Even when there have been disagreements in any church I've ever been in it's always been scripture. Any book outside of the Bible that I've had that is seeker friendly/worldly marketing type stuff I've gotten rid of. I personally found them to be quite lacking and unscriptural.

Thing is, if we don't hear Christ knocking with ears to hear - and understand that we need Him and why - and open that door and let him in - we have a faith that doesn't rest in our heart. The Spirit does that work, and uses us to plant seeds.

There is a place for a strong message, but without understanding first that we are the sinner who will be cast away without Christ it's just condemnation for something a person doesn't understand.

reformedct
Dec 21st 2008, 11:00 PM

there is nothing wrong with being in confrontation, however it must be for the sake of the gospel. If you are yelling and pointing your finger and screaming about the fires of hell and you face confrontation, part of it is because of your approach. Paul faced confrontation because he was bold. He proclaimed the correct gospel before even kings. But he did not make it his primary objective to tick people off. people got ticked because they didnt like his message not cuz they didnt like him

some preachers want to focus on fire and brimstone. Yes hell is hot and terrible, but it is the kindness of God that leads us to repentance. In fact, motivating people to be saved because if they dont they will go to hell is the improper focus. The focus should be on the goodness of God not the fire of hell.

Heaven is not designed for people who dont want to go to hell. Heaven is a place for the people who love their God.

Sometimes people can focus so much on hell you can barley see the goodness of a merciful compassionate God ready to forgive and restore

yes God is fearful but we dont take his fear and magnify it and yell at people and be unnecissarily harsh all in the name of "confrontation"

I will tell you this, i came to a love for Christ because someone was telling me about Christ. i didnt come to Christ because i was scared of hell. Everyone is scared of hell. No one wants to go there. Everyone wants to go to heaven. But everyone does not love that God who is in heaven.

Fire and brimstone preaching can sometimes focus on REPENT OF SIN
and then forget the TURN TO GOD part. It is his kindness that leads us to repentance

as christians, if we can present the gospel in a kind, respectul manner, that is what we should do.

Yes we should go out and witness wherever we go, but our goal is to confront false ideas about God and salvation, not just be "confrontational" cus were big bad fearless angry-about-sinners christians. Some people get beat up as christians because they come off like jerks. They are very self-righteouss and focus on sin and death instead of focusing on grace, redemption, and the free gift

Hell is important but it is not the primary focus. The primary focus is that for God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son,

not hey you better repent or burn in hell. That totally misrepresents the fullness of Gods attributes. He is sllloooowww to anger, abounding in mercy

and how dare he call people cowards who get an education, as if God cannot use them to preach the gospel where they are? if all the christians drop out of school to do missions, who will witness to the college students? we preach the gospel with our mouths and live it out with our lives. God doesnt call every christian to stand out in the street and preach. Some have big ministries, and some minister where they are.

The false notion is that one person is more spiritual or obedient because they only preach all the time, are very angry and confrontational in their approach, and dont have a lot of posessions and dont go to the movies, and that someone who gets a degree and a respectful career snd occasionaly enjoys life is a coward? how is one person more spiritual than the other? God calls each to do a specific work.

Some people in Acts got saved and ministered by simply opening up their homes for people to use. Being a stay at home mom is just as legitamate a ministry as giving your life overseas.

Not all christians had the same impact as Paul in their ministries. When Jesus healed people and forgave their sins, many times he simply said go tell what has happened to you, and somtimes he just said go in peace

If someone wants to spend every hour of the day witnessing i honor and respect that work that God is doing in their life. However just because someone doesnt witness as often as you do does not make them cowards

reformedct
Dec 21st 2008, 11:10 PM
also people have a false idea of witnessing

they think witnessing is only when you are getting in someones face demanding that they repent. No, witnessing is just sharing your experience as a witness to the light

if i am sitting with a college buddy sharing about Jesus i am witnessing

if i go to work and get awarded for a good job and tell pepole it is Jesus who makes me do good he is God and Savior then i am witnessing

whenever and wherever i am talking about the death,burial,and ressurection I AM WITNESSING

witnessing is always confrontational because it is truth versus false truth in peoples minds

however when we say "confrontational", that doesnt mean get rough and tough and smack the sinners around and stop watching tv and enjoying life just live only for doing service to God

that is not the correct view of confrontational

yes some people will want to kill us

but it should be because of the content of the gospel not our own angry or overly pushy attitudes

reformedct
Dec 21st 2008, 11:24 PM
also i am reformed and the pastor i listen to is reformed and he is constantly telling us that we should tell everyone about Jesus because he is the one great true God.

For someone to say reformed people are cowards just makes me wonder if they need a hug or two

also matt chandler one of my favorite preachers is reformed and just got back from doing some work in China while sick and vomiting.

So you can tell that preacher he needs to calm down before he just starts lumping people in a category and calling them names.

What happens is that someone feels more passionate than another, and then they look at everyone else and say, hey you guys are cowards cuz your not like me

remember when Jesus called Peter? Peter said what about this other guy lord? Jesus said what is it if i should that he tarry till i come?

basically do what you feel lead and stop worrying about how everyone else matches up to your personal experience with the lord

i feel offended because i am reformes, love Jesus, and i am working on my degree, and it seems as if this guy is just calling me a coward because i am enjoying my life while at the same time living for Jesus.

i just hate how some fundamentalists think if you work hard get a good job to provide for your family your a coward

as if we all must live like John the baptist or keep preaching harder and harder until we get beat up

if i get beat up it will be because God wants me to endure that and leads me and guides me through persecution. Im not gonna go fling myself out there just because. I trust God to show me where and what he wants me to do. I am not any less spiritual because i am working on my career instead of "witnessing" everyday everywhere. My life is a witness. I am a witness.

Amen

reformedct
Dec 21st 2008, 11:36 PM
fire and brimstone preaching is just unbalanced. It focuses on the result of not being saved instead of focusing on the results of being saved. The purpse is for people to be reconciled to God, be forgiven, have peace with God, delight in God, and live with Him forever by knowing that he has died in our place, for oue wickedness, because of his great love. THAT IS THE CORE OF THE GOSPEL

NOT TURN OR BURN

yes jesus said if you dont repent you will perish

But HIS MAIN FOCUS WAS FOR PEOPLE TO BELIEVE IN HIM, not be scared in their pants because of hell.

His kindness leads us to repentance

there is no kindness in Fire and Brimstone preaching

Fire and Brimstone preaching is not Good News. The gospel is Good News. Good News doesn't make you feel scared. It makes you happy.

Yes we must repent but its not so much repent or die its more like:

What a great God who is giving me the oppurtunity to turn from my life of folly and live a great glorious life with Him forever! Hooray!

Fire and Brimstone preaching cuts out that part and focuses on the hotness of hell

Bethany67
Dec 21st 2008, 11:41 PM
Scripture tells us how we should witness:

15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. 17It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. 1 Pet 3

Brother Mark
Dec 21st 2008, 11:45 PM

Really? Did Jesus preach about hell to Nicodemus? To the woman at the well? To Zacheus? To Peter before he said "Follow me"? Did he preach that to Nathan? Or to Paul on the road to Damascus? Did he preach that way to Cornelius? To Simon the leper (who I am not sure converted)? To the rich young ruler that rejected him? Should I go on? The examples of how to preach the gospel are limitless in scripture. Hell is not brought up in all of them nor is the need for repentance brought up in all of them. Jesus listened to God and said exactly what the Father told him to say.

reformedct
Dec 21st 2008, 11:46 PM
Scripture tells us how we should witness:

15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. 17It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. 1 Pet 3

exactly. extreme fundamentalists are the ones who go on national tv with signs saying God hates fags and picketing peoples funerals of gay people who died. Paul said if we give up our bodies to be burned, but have not love, it is meaningless

as christians our motivation is love of God, peace, gentleness, kindness, and patience, because these are what we have recieved from the lord

please you guys, dont be jerks in the name of the lord. being a jerk is easy in todays culture. Showing genuine love is what God calls us to do

LOVE YOUR ENEMIES

of course this doesnt mean accept that their lifestyle of sin is ok, but that we lovingly share the gospel with them. We dont yell and try to put on some holier-than-thou front

AliveinChristDave
Dec 22nd 2008, 02:30 AM
The Lord took me out of the independent Baptist Soulwinning movement about 40 years ago when It was in its heyday.
There is nothing there for anyone who wants to grow in grace and learn of Christ.
It's all man made. They exist by using people with more zeal than knowledge until they fall away then go on to someone else to use. The ten year turn over rate of members in Independent Baptist soul winning churches is almost 100%.
Their methods are so slick you could lead someone to the Lord before they even knew what they were doing.
This isn't of the Lord. It's evil and borders on demon possession. There is nothing scriptural about it.
You can be a soulwinner by letting your light shine and living in the power of the resurrected Christ. It's not something you make happen. Walk in the power of God and you will have to backslide to keep from being a witness but if you want to be scriptural you need to make disciples.