PDA

View Full Version : Are you this doctor

Laish
Dec 20th 2008, 11:36 PM
Imagine there was a doctor that had a wonder cure for all of man's ills ( cancer, heart disease an even the effects of old age ). Now this doctor went about his life not giving out this wonder cure . He would day in an out walk by the sick an dieing not even stopping to help . This wonder cure is not something exclusive to him many other have it From the same place he received it , an it was given to him for free an he has the literature telling the sick where they can receive this cure . Still he has his reasons for not giving out this cure . A cure he is benefiting from . He was once at deaths door an in need of help like the others he passes by. No condition was given for him to receive the cure except to tell others that it exist an to tell others where to get it . This doctor's reasons for not helping were many He knows many of the sick an dieing will brush him off or ridicule him . He knows the cure is too controversial the excuses would go on for ever . Now one day the doctor is called to the C.E.O.'s office of the manufacturer of this wonder cure . What do you think that the dialog might be ? would this C.E.O.be angry or up set with the doctor ? Would the C.E.O. be disappointed with the doctor?

So I was wondering being Christians knowing without the Gospel we are all doomed beyond any worldly perception of disease or illness can bring . So are we like the doctor in the story ? Will God be disappointed in us for not telling all we meet of Jesus?

Mat 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
I hope this made sense
Your brother in Christ
Bill

Emanate
Dec 22nd 2008, 02:43 PM
Imagine there was a doctor that had a wonder cure for all of man's ills ( cancer, heart disease an even the effects of old age ). Now this doctor went about his life not giving out this wonder cure . He would day in an out walk by the sick an dieing not even stopping to help . This wonder cure is not something exclusive to him many other have it From the same place he received it , an it was given to him for free an he has the literature telling the sick where they can receive this cure . Still he has his reasons for not giving out this cure . A cure he is benefiting from . He was once at deaths door an in need of help like the others he passes by. No condition was given for him to receive the cure except to tell others that it exist an to tell others where to get it . This doctor's reasons for not helping were many He knows many of the sick an dieing will brush him off or ridicule him . He knows the cure is too controversial the excuses would go on for ever . Now one day the doctor is called to the C.E.O.'s office of the manufacturer of this wonder cure . What do you think that the dialog might be ? would this C.E.O.be angry or up set with the doctor ? Would the C.E.O. be disappointed with the doctor?

So I was wondering being Christians knowing without the Gospel we are all doomed beyond any worldly perception of disease or illness can bring . So are we like the doctor in the story ? Will God be disappointed in us for not telling all we meet of Jesus?

I hope this made sense
Your brother in Christ
Bill

The CEO might be very angry if it hurt his company's monetary income. I would only hope the CEO holds some measure of grace.

In this modern world the CEO might be happy the doctor never said anything. If this miracle cure had become popular the FDA would have shut down the company with litigation.

Seriously though, If God does indeed look at us based on our works, we are in a heap of trouble.

ServantofTruth
Dec 22nd 2008, 02:54 PM
Our witness/ 'work' must be done by the power of the Spirit of God. I have done nothing. I have also done too much, by my own strength and not given all i do to our Lord first. It just didn't work. Hopefully in 2009, i will find new opportunities to love and spread the gospel message. SofTy.