PDA

View Full Version : everything is bad to worse

Aviva
Dec 21st 2008, 02:57 AM
thank you guys for praying about the weather the other day. We are again expecting 45 mph gusts tomorrow and we cannot be left without elec as the wind chill will be below 0.
And thats not all.
We cannot pay any utilities, my fathers house is being foreclosed and the lein is coming through within a month.
No friends, no church, no nothing.
Please ask God for a miracle.

steelerbabe
Dec 21st 2008, 05:58 AM
I am praying for the Lord to provide for all your needs:pray:

Ashley274
Dec 21st 2008, 06:11 AM
Hi I am praying for you all too.....I know the fears and concerns...as to short term help with utilities please call the Salvation Army and EVERY church in your area...someone will help maybe just short term...On the weather....ditto big storm way 2 on its way....maybe rent a kerosene heater?

Anyhow I am praying :pray::pray::pray:

IMINXTC
Dec 21st 2008, 01:04 PM
Lifting you and your family before the Lord. Praying that your financial needs will be met and that your will be able to somehow keep a house.
Praying that you power will not be knocked out, and that the money for the bill will be provided.

Frances
Dec 21st 2008, 04:16 PM
:pray: that your receive His Wisdom as to your course of action . . .

Colo25
Dec 21st 2008, 08:30 PM
praying for you all! :pray: Praying these troubling times may bring you closer to The Lord. He knows your heart and the things that you need, so I pray for his help. Hang in there. :hug: :pray:

Aviva
Dec 21st 2008, 10:53 PM
Most important right now is the electricty stays on. Its below 9 wind chill. Please!

ServantofTruth
Dec 21st 2008, 11:51 PM
You have our Lord Jesus Christ and the Spirit within you. You have a worldwide family of 2 billion? You have the power of prayer, personal and those hearing your multiple practical problems.

Please take these next suggestions seriously. E mail your local newspaper. Tell them your problems and get them to do an article. On their web site immediatly, and in the paper when it comes out. My wife are trying to help a single lady with depression, with 4 children (one with special needs) living in a 2 bed flat, with no heating or hot water. We don't know her, but saw an article in our local paper on friday. Give our Lord a chance to send his 'workers' to you.

Also e mail every local church in your area. This is your family. I don't care which denominations we all like or dislike, e mail them ALL. Again give those who follow Jesus Christ, like you & me, a chance to help you.

If you lived near me, you'd already all be in my house. I pray you take my advice and the Lord sends so much help you have to turn people away. BTW tell them ALL your problems, including all financial ones. One day soon you will be the 'worker' so don't let pride get in the way. Love SofTy.

Aviva
Dec 22nd 2008, 06:38 PM
Well, the elec stayed on. But we will still be homeless next month, which will work, as the gas would be off anyway.
Where is God?

CoffeeCat
Dec 22nd 2008, 08:50 PM
Aviva, please do start calling people for help. God is with us -- with you AND with the people in your community who could help you. :hug: I'm praying for you and your family.

Aviva
Dec 24th 2008, 08:13 AM
God is silent.:cry:

IMINXTC
Dec 24th 2008, 10:08 AM
Whether silent or not, Dear Aviva, God is good and He is faithful. And He answers prayer, though not always according to our plans. I realize this is a prayer thread and therefore will not attempt to give advise or counsel.

But I will continue to pray for your circumstances with the fullest confidence that He will deliver you from what you are fearing, so that you may come to trust Him fully. I am also praying that He would lift your spirits and give you hope during the holidays.

"And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord I believe; help thou mine unbelief." Mark 9:24

"If we belive not, yet He abideth faithful: He cannot deny Himself." 2Tm 2:13

PS: I'm thankful and rejoice that the prayer of post #4, line 2 was answered and continues to be answered.

Aviva
Dec 27th 2008, 02:47 AM
pray for my son, please!

Aviva
Dec 27th 2008, 05:14 AM
He needs prayer now (as do I also) and I am not sure of his spritual status right now. Please!

IMINXTC
Dec 27th 2008, 05:22 AM
Lifting your son up before the Lord. Watching and praying for his spiritual well-being. Praying that the Lord would draw him close to himself, and that he would be given great faith.