PDA

View Full Version : Discussion 1st John 5;9,10

neverleaveunorfors
Dec 21st 2008, 04:30 AM
I'll let you read it tell me vs 9 what is the testimony that God had testified of his Son. Was it all he spoke through his holy Prophets about his Christ or is it a theological debate of just what man has said about him . No lest just keep to scripture says when God said I shall be His Father and he shall be my Son is this part of Gods testimony ? or how about this I will put My spirit upon Him .Is this part of the testimony ? Ok vrs. 10 think of this He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in Himself he who does not believe God has made him a liar (Just what does this mean made Him or created Him or brought forth at the appointed time?) because he has not believed the testimony of God has given of his son remember straight from scripture >:giveup: lots of love James

neverleaveunorfors
Dec 21st 2008, 02:09 PM
surprised but I did say ponder it so I'll be patient And by the way I have one more Question Acts 2:22- 36 Is Peter truthfull about what he spoke So was he ( Jesus)or was he not? you know a man that God did miracles and wonders THROUGH

neverleaveunorfors
Dec 21st 2008, 06:58 PM
cant explain due to what you have been taught or ?// read his word just what did he say about him through his Holy prophets ? it also said he shall be called , yes called not is , just what does that mean? please help I'm lost :giveup: lots of love James

Kahtar
Dec 21st 2008, 07:52 PM
Most people are in church or just getting back from it. Have some patience.;)
1 John 5:9-12
9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Verse eleven tells us what that testimony, or witness, was. Notice it says 'record'. That would be the written word of God. In His Word, He told us of the One Who would come and give His life for the forgiveness of sins, and that eternal life is given to men through Him.
He that believes God's record has the testimony in his own heart. Those words become real, our understanding is opened to the truth.
Those who reject Christ, reject God also, and His Word. Their unbelief makes God out to be a liar. Of course we know God is not a liar, but that those who refuse to believe are decieved.

I'm not clear on what you are asking in the Act 2 passage. Perhaps you can restate the question?

neverleaveunorfors
Dec 21st 2008, 08:25 PM
OK ACTS 2 22 i'LL LET HIS WORD SPEAK FOR ITS SELF

neverleaveunorfors
Dec 22nd 2008, 01:15 AM
what Im asking in acts 2:22 is just what did Peter say Christ was was he God or was he a man ,: attested to by God to you by miracles ,wonders and signs which God did through him ,in your midst ,as you yourselves also know .so did he do all these himself or was he a servant of God that God used or should say brought forth?