PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on a word?

Pilgrimer
Dec 21st 2008, 05:41 AM
In Ezekiel 3:18 what is the original word for "speak out" and "dissuade"

the reason I am asking is because I have several people living in outright sin in my church, and in the past they have been told that they are not living according to Gods will.
Then because they had been told several times the pastor eventually stopped telling them, so for about a year or so they had not heard anything about their sin, and so now they figure everything is ok with them and God.

When I say to a wicked man, `You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. Eze 3:18

Sirus
Dec 21st 2008, 07:32 AM
The KJV says

Eze 3:18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

speak
dâbar

A primitive root; perhaps properly to arrange; but used figuratively (of words) to speak; rarely (in a destructive sense) to subdue: - answer, appoint, bid, command, commune, declare, destroy, give, name, promise, pronounce, rehearse, say, speak, be spokesman, subdue, talk, teach, tell, think, use [entreaties], utter, X well, X work.

warn
zâhar

A primitive root; to gleam; figuratively to enlighten (by caution): - admonish, shine, teach, (give) warn (-ing).

Thaddaeus
Dec 21st 2008, 08:23 AM
at this point I would be more concern about their salvation, it is really the Holy Spirit 's job to convict them of their sin( I know he won't let me get by with any, without letting me know) if they are not under chastisement then they may not be saved, I did not say they weren't saved, just there may be some concern there, but then again it depends on their sin because we have a lot of man made sins also that the Holy Spirit won't convict you of, but your own heart.
1jo 3:18My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.1jo 3:19And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.1jo 3:20For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.1jo 3:21Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

Heb 12:6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.Heb 12:7If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?Heb 12:8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.Heb 12:9Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
then there is the angle about he who is without sin cast the first stone , and the verses about this
Lu 6:42 (http://bibleforums.org/lu+6:42)Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not THE BEAM that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first THE BEAM out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.
:hmm: might want to think and pray on this one. But I think it might be the pastor's job, to address it. hope I help a little !!!:pray: