PDA

View Full Version : (question for the day.) - Moved from BC

dingaling
Dec 21st 2008, 07:00 PM
Why is it that the bible and it's content are not exsepted as proof of anything in any court of any land that i know of???

unkerns
Dec 21st 2008, 07:11 PM
because of the devils influence

BroRog
Dec 21st 2008, 07:18 PM
Why is it that the bible and it's content are not exsepted as proof of anything in any court of any land that i know of???

Do you have a specific court case in mind?

dingaling
Dec 21st 2008, 07:20 PM
And how does the devil disseminate this influence???

reformedct
Dec 21st 2008, 07:24 PM
i believe it is somewhere in 1st John 5:

"the whole world is under the sway of the evil one"

you are either under the influence of the Holy SPirit throug Christ

or you are under the influence of Satan

there is no middle ground. Satan is a deciever and father of all lies. The greatest deception is that poeple who arent saved think they are just freely making their own decisions. The bible is clear Satan himself is influencing them and decieving them

ephesians 2:
2:1 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins 2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— 3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body [1] (http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=Ephesians+2#f1) and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

Prophet Daniel
Dec 21st 2008, 07:25 PM
Doesn't need to. God doesn't play by our rules. A car doesn't ask its designer why it didn't come with airbags.

Our design, if you assume He exists is to take things that at first cannot be proven by faith. When we first believe in what is not seen or perceived, the reward is to "see" or perceive.

I suppose you could again take God to court but neither strong Atheists or strong Christians would be interested. They believe in what they believe.

You have to go out on a limb and decide for yourself: does He exist or doesn't He?

If you are in a confort zone you might not be seeking earnestly. I had an encounter with God and knows He exist. This is a revelation from God. I can tell you from experience that reason never got me there.

If you are serious about meeting Him it means He is drawing you. Fear should never be in the equation. If He is not drawing you it still means He loves you and know every hair on your head. He has a picture of you engraved on His hand!

"For this reasons we labour and toil and suffer reproach: because we trust in the living God who is the saviour of all men, especially those that believe... ITim4:10"

dingaling
Dec 21st 2008, 07:34 PM
Doesn't need to. God doesn't play by our rules. A car doesn't ask its designer why it didn't come with airbags.

Our design, if you assume He exists is to take things that at first cannot be proven by faith. When we first believe in what is not seen or perceived, the reward is to "see" or perceive.

I suppose you could again take God to court but neither strong Atheists or strong Christians would be interested. They believe in what they believe.

You have to go out on a limb and decide for yourself: does He exist or doesn't He?

If you are in a confort zone you might not be seeking earnestly. I had an encounter with God and knows He exist. This is a revelation from God. I can tell you from experience that reason never got me there.

If you are serious about meeting Him it means He is drawing you. Fear should never be in the equation. If He is not drawing you it still means He loves you and know every hair on your head. He has a picture of you engraved on His hand!

"For this reasons we labour and toil and suffer reproach: because we trust in the living God who is the saviour of all men, especially those that believe... ITim4:10"

Tell us about your encounter with God as we learn through observation and interaction.

Prophet Daniel
Dec 21st 2008, 07:54 PM
Tell us about your encounter ...

I will tommorow. I questioned the reality of having a real encounter with God in this life and had one.

mcgyver
Dec 21st 2008, 08:17 PM

Proof of what, specifically?

dingaling
Dec 21st 2008, 10:14 PM
I am a free thinker who believes that a man or a religion that can not change is a man or a religion that cannot grow.

dljc
Dec 21st 2008, 11:27 PM
Why is it that the bible and it's content are not exsepted as proof of anything in any court of any land that i know of???:hmm: Interesting question. I wonder why it is, that anyone testifying before the court has to place their hand on a Bible and swear or affirm to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? What standard of measure would that truth be based on? The Bible perhaps? Don't they do that in the US?

ServantofTruth
Dec 22nd 2008, 12:20 AM
I am a free thinker who believes that a man or a religion that can not change is a man or a religion that cannot grow.

I am also a free thinker. I read the bible alone and had a 'free' choice. I choose to accept it as truth from the One true God.

I have changed hugely in the last 11 years. I have grown in the Word/ Wisdom of God. Through bible study, through prayer, through the help of many Christian brothers/ sisters, through the guidance of God's Spirit within.

Can and does Christianity change and grow? Well God's Wisdom doesn't change. So the message is the same today, from eternity to eternity. So is the choice we all get.

But our response to that message changes in how we relate it to the modern world and constantly changing challenges. For example many churches worship/ praise differently - however we are one church under Jesus Christ. There are always new bible translations for different groups of people, but we have only one Word/ Bible from God.

The message of Jesus is pretty radical and up to date if you study it.

I believe most Western nations are based on bible principles. Without knowing it, much wisdom and sayings are bible based, even if those using them aren't Christian and have never read the bible. I smile each time i read one and add it to my mental list.

Love SofTy.

Revinius
Dec 22nd 2008, 01:57 AM

Wow, it's wierd you say you're 'free' when you have this big rule that reduces your freedom to 'only things that change'. Most things that are true do not change at your behest so perhaps you will have to review your worldview a little.

markinro
Dec 22nd 2008, 03:07 AM

According to the bible, you're NOT free.

Edit by tango:
Since the OP is no longer with us, this thread is closed.