PDA

View Full Version : Discussion luke 2:40

neverleaveunorfors
Dec 21st 2008, 08:03 PM
What does this mean?and the child grew and became strong in spirit ,filled with wisdom and the grace of God was upon him .?:hmm:

reformedct
Dec 21st 2008, 08:11 PM
Jesus was fully God and fully man

People forget about the man part

Jesus experienced all the natural process of man.

Jesus learned, he ate, he used the bathroom, all those things

As God he proclaimed that before Abraham was, I AM!

this is why Jesus is the only intercessor between man and God, because He is both fully man and fully God

however as of right now Jesus body is not like ours. He has a human body but it is in a glorified state

in the end we will also have glorified bodies like Jesus that is immortal. In Jesus glorified body he was still able to eat and drink, but he also was able to move into rooms without using the door.

i used to think in heaven we will just be spirits but thats not true. we will be like Jesus, in a body similar to the one we have now, but glorified and immortal

FaithfulSheep
Dec 21st 2008, 08:19 PM
Consider the text in verse 2 prior to this. Jesus was born, as a man in Bethlehem (although He was fully God at the same time). He was presented at the temple after 8 days had passed. In verse 39 they (Mary, Joseph, and Jesus) returned to Nazareth.

So verse 40 is speaking of Jesus (as a child) physically growing bigger, stronger, and wiser... just as all children do.

People forget about the man part

Jesus experienced all the natural process of man.

Jesus learned, he ate, he used the bathroom, all those things

This is a good point, and you are exactly right. Verse 40 is referring to him growing and changing in his "man-form." ;)

neverleaveunorfors
Dec 21st 2008, 08:21 PM
at the baptism of john he really did not recieve the spirit of God because he already was ? And just after the baptistim he was lead by himself and or he did not go and read in the temple out of the book of Isaiah today it has been fulfilled opps and returned by the power of the spirit luke 4 :13 - 21 hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the testimony that god gave of his son you dont believe ? 1st john5 9 - 13

Bladers
Dec 21st 2008, 08:29 PM
this is why Jesus is the only intercessor between man and God

You forgot the Holy Spirit

neverleaveunorfors
Dec 21st 2008, 08:31 PM
wait a minute was it not when God put his spirit upon him (which was at the baptism of John } that he recieved the spirit with out measure and then brings to mind just what was the trasfigureation about ? lost

FaithfulSheep
Dec 21st 2008, 08:33 PM
at the baptism of john he really did not recieve the spirit of God because he already was ? And just after the baptistim he was lead by himself and or he did not go and read in the temple out of the book of Isaiah today it has been fulfilled opps and returned by the power of the spirit luke 4 :13 - 21 hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the testimony that god gave of his son you dont believe ? 1st john5 9 - 13

Your post is very confusing to me. Luke 4:13-21 is talking about Jesus' public ministry - Him preaching to others and about how He fulfills prophecy from Isaiah. 1 John 5:9-13 is telling us that the Lord's testimony is that God has given us eternal life through Christ Jesus.

So here is where I'm confused. I don't see how this relates to Luke 2:40 at all. I can't figure out how you are relating these verses on other topics to the verse in Luke about Jesus physically growing up...

neverleaveunorfors
Dec 21st 2008, 08:40 PM
ok so in and through the prophet Isaiah did not God speak of I shall be his father and he shall be my son and the covenet made to David his seed shall rule forever these are some of the testimonies that God gave of his son are they not. :giveup: confused