PDA

View Full Version : Discussion End time provision?

JaneA
Dec 22nd 2008, 01:46 AM
I'm wondering how we will eat during the tribulation. I hold to the post-trib view. I'm sure God will provide food, I have read lately about food co-ops. There was one in Ohio that the Government closed down. I was wondering if maybe Christians should start planning together. Like storing food and then later they could get together and provide for each other in that way. Still when you look at the Jews that were hiding out during the Holocaust they had very little to eat but enough to keep living. Like in the movie, "The pianist.". I need to lose lots of weight but sometimes lack motivation, one reason is b/c I figue when the tribulation comes the fat people like me may last longer. LOL!:rolleyes:

Gods Child
Dec 22nd 2008, 02:56 AM
Yes, That did happen with that family in Ohio.

http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/08/swat-team.htm

I think that it is good to start planning and seeking God now for the answers on what we should be doing.

Gods Child
Dec 22nd 2008, 02:59 AM
Dragonfighter1 started a thread along the same lines called.

Post trib Planning discussion...HOW TO PREPARE

possumliving
Dec 22nd 2008, 09:33 PM
Honey, unless you are overweight because you just like to eat a lot and your diet is whole grains, green leafy veggies, etc. That fat ain't going to save you.

The kind of fat I had, was because I was eating an imbalance diet and I continued to have cravings and couldn't stop. I kept craving sweets, breads, pasta, anything and everything!

I started taking fish oil, Vitamin B complex and added nothing but whole-grains to my diet and a lot of leafy greens.

I don't exercise, I've lost 25 pounds in just a couple of months. It took awhile before this stuff started kicking in, but once it did, WOW!!!

I've lost my food cravings. I've got ice cream that literally has gone bad in the freezer. I'm not craving a bunch of junk.

My energy levels are up. My memory is better. and I sleep better.

So, if you decide to prepare...

Whole grains only...Nothing that says "enriched" on it. If it says that, they have taken out the germ and the bran and it is an incomplete grain, (even rice is like that). By law they had to add niacin back into it to stop pallegra but that's all they are required to do because pallegra causes insanity.

Brown rice doesn't store well.

Get a long grain rice that doesn't say enriched on it.

Protein: Lentils, pintos, butter beans, navy beans (makes good baked beans too!), black beans, split peas.

You can also sprout the lentils.

Find some whole grain wheat and buy a grinder. Get some whole grain corn for human consumption. Get the whole grain rice...and you will live pretty good on just that.

Oh, and don't forget to get some lard. Lard will last a long time. It makes great soap. It is not going to go rancid like vegetable and canola oil.

Olive oil is also non perisheable. It is also used for oil lamps.

Powdered milk

plant some fruit and put in a garden. Collards grow all winter long.

oneinthespirit
Dec 24th 2008, 05:00 AM
I'm wondering how we will eat during the tribulation. I hold to the post-trib view. I'm sure God will provide food, I have read lately about food co-ops. There was one in Ohio that the Government closed down. I was wondering if maybe Christians should start planning together. Like storing food and then later they could get together and provide for each other in that way. Still when you look at the Jews that were hiding out during the Holocaust they had very little to eat but enough to keep living. Like in the movie, "The pianist.". I need to lose lots of weight but sometimes lack motivation, one reason is b/c I figue when the tribulation comes the fat people like me may last longer. LOL!:rolleyes:

Jane, Are you a born again christian?

Because if you are, you don't have to worry about being here during the tribulation. The tribulation is only for those who stay after the second coming of Christ, so if your planning on going with us, leave the food preparing for the unbelievers.

quiet dove
Dec 24th 2008, 05:09 AM
Jane, Are you a born again christian?

Because if you are, you don't have to worry about being here during the tribulation. The tribulation is only for those who stay after the second coming of Christ, so if your planning on going with us, leave the food preparing for the unbelievers.

Some people believe the Second Advent of Christ is after the tribulation so their are many believers who, depending on the end time views and understanding, are concerned about being prepared to have provisions for the time of the tribulation.

We don't need to derail into discussion of the many views here, but I just wanted you to consider that many believers have different understandings and views concerning all this and they are very much believers.

oneinthespirit
Dec 24th 2008, 05:25 AM
I apologizes for any assumption.

And if thats case of Christ coming after than tribulation, than as it is written in scripture we should first seek the kingdom of heaven, and everything else will be provided.

quiet dove
Dec 24th 2008, 05:30 AM

And if thats case of Christ coming after than tribulation, than as it is written in scripture we should first seek the kingdom of heaven, and everything else will be provided.

I was not fussing at you, just pointing out that there are many views and sometimes it can get a little confusing to know what a persons view is. :)

possumliving
Dec 24th 2008, 05:32 AM
I've been a born again Christian for over two decades and I was convinced at the beginning that the Church would go through the trib.

The Lord asked me if I was willing to lay down my life for the sake of the Gospel, and if need be, to die also. I said yes.

I've had people shoot at me and try to kill me because I'm a Christian. I've had people hunting me down because I'm a Christian. That's just during the birth pangs.

Wait until things get going really good. Wait until the informers are brainwashed, tracked and trained. Your children, grandchildren and neighbors, your fellow church members will be those that turn you in because you won't worship "mother earth" and get on the bandwagon of preparing for the antichrist.

They will do this, because if they don't, they won't eat, they won't have a paycheck or a job. They will do this for securities sake and if you truly believe in Christ, you will be considered a terrorist before this is over with.

Steph

student of the Lamb
Dec 25th 2008, 02:53 PM
We are told not to worry. God will provide.

The people of Israel in the wilderness refused to believe God would provide and he continually did, to the point that for forty years their clothes never wore out. Trust in God. He has the answers.

Sirus
Dec 26th 2008, 01:52 AM

And if thats case of Christ coming after than tribulation, than as it is written in scripture we should first seek the kingdom of heaven, and everything else will be provided.the kingdom of heaven is for -poor in spirit
the kingdom of God is for -the poor

seek the kingdom of God and all these things will be added

the kingdom of heaven comes when Christ returns bringing relief to the poor in spirit

I'm not trying to derail the thread.

I have 'prepared' for the last 10 years. Not one passage speaks against it but many show the wisdom in doing so.

BCF
Dec 26th 2008, 03:19 AM
Sirus my friend,

the kingdom of heaven is for -poor in spirit
the kingdom of God is for -the poor

seek the kingdom of God and all these things will be added

the kingdom of heaven comes when Christ returns bringing relief to the poor in spirit

I hate to have to butt heads with you again on somthing:lol:..............but. What makes you think that Jesus was talking about storing up of food or those who have stored food when he was talking about the Kingdom of God being for the Poor in Spirit?

I could be misunderstanding your answer.....and if I am....please forgive me.

God Bless,

Dave

Sirus
Dec 26th 2008, 04:05 AM
I didn't say he was talking about storing up food. oneinthespirit said everything else is provided if we seek the kingdom of heaven but scripture says seek the kingdom of God, not heaven. That's all I was pointing out.
This is why I said "I'm not trying to derail the thread." because I know very few understand their differences and use the two terms synomomously. I can't do that because there are too man differences and conflicting attributes.

Anyway, the bare necessities of life are what Jesus said would be added by seeking the kingdom of God. One just has to ask if that applies to a time of trouble the world has never seen or can even imagine when the saints are worn out. Could it? Sure! but does it?

BCF
Dec 26th 2008, 04:19 AM
I didn't say he was talking about storing up food. oneinthespirit said everything else is provided if we seek the kingdom of heaven but scripture says seek the kingdom of God, not heaven. That's all I was pointing out.
This is why I said "I'm not trying to derail the thread." because I know very few understand their differences and use the two terms synomomously. I can't do that because there are too man differences and conflicting attributes.

Anyway, the bare necessities of life are what Jesus said would be added by seeking the kingdom of God. One just has to ask if that applies to a time of trouble the world has never seen or can even imagine when the saints are worn out. Could it? Sure! but does it?

Ok....thanks for clarifying what you were saying. My mistake once again. Forget I even asked.:)

God Bless,

Dave

mfowler12
Dec 30th 2008, 05:25 PM
Does Matthew 6:25-34 come to mind for anybody?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew+6:25-34
Matthew 6:25-34 (New International Version)

Do Not Worry

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[a (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew+6:25-34#fen-NIV-23310a)]? 28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

possumliving
Dec 30th 2008, 10:19 PM
Does Matthew 6:25-34 come to mind for anybody?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew+6:25-34
Matthew 6:25-34 (New International Version)

Do Not Worry

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[a (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew+6:25-34#fen-NIV-23310a)]? 28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

That doesn't do away with these passage which are both talking about the End Times.

Matt 24:45 Who then is the faithful, thoughtful, {and} wise servant, whom his master has put in charge of his household to give to the others the food {and} supplies at the proper time?

Luke 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful steward, the wise man whom his master will set over those in his household service to supply them their allowance of food at the appointed time?

And I'm not saying that we should worry...I'm saying that God will make provisions available to those that have been told to stock up, and make provision through them to others. Just like Joseph.

Steph

Gods Child
Jan 2nd 2009, 02:32 AM
That doesn't do away with these passage which are both talking about the End Times.

Matt 24:45 Who then is the faithful, thoughtful, {and} wise servant, whom his master has put in charge of his household to give to the others the food {and} supplies at the proper time?

Luke 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful steward, the wise man whom his master will set over those in his household service to supply them their allowance of food at the appointed time?

And I'm not saying that we should worry...I'm saying that God will make provisions available to those that have been told to stock up, and make provision through them to others. Just like Joseph.

Steph

I feel that I am one who is being told to stock up. I would not consider myself a wise man, but just one who is being told to prepare.

I was one who was on the other side of the fence, (just not too long ago). I believed that I did not have to worry, God would provide. But now God is telling me to prepare. I feel his voice telling me to prepare and he is giving me direction to do so. Not to prepare for me and my family only, but to prepare for whomever he sends us. I feel his Spirit telling me that He will send those who will be in need at that time. I am to stock up for extra people.

God has proved his provision. He has recently set us up to move into a house rent free. A home with 20 acres, outbuildings (which are insolated, set for a woodstove) and ready for people to live in. The house will not be in my name and we will not have to pay rent or taxes on it. We are to move in within the next month or so. After we move in, we will not have any rent or expenses. With all the money we will be saving, we are suppose to take the money to purchase items to get off the grid, Stock up on food and supplies for multi families. When the time is right, God will then send the people whom he will send us to live there. That is what God has provided and asked of us and that is what we will do.

Even though I was one (recently) who said God would provide…I now believe that he will do so by using other Christians. I can testify that he has the power, because he has opened the door for us to receive this house to do his will.

Please do not think I’m crazy. I have not shared this with anyone until now, but I feel the Spirit and I have seen the doors open and I know it to be true as to what God wants me to do.

I have been apprehensive to tell anyone of this breakthrough, but I feel that if there are others that God is giving such direction, then I want to say….You should listen….Take heed to God. Some people God will have to prepare, but others He may not ask to prepare. If God is not laying it on you heart to prepare then that is Gods plan as well.

What I am trying to say is; We should find comfort knowing God is in control and it is his plan. Whatever part God has for each one of us within his plan is exactly where God wants each one of us to be.

possumliving
Jan 4th 2009, 08:49 PM
I feel that I am one who is being told to stock up. I would not consider myself a wise man, but just one who is being told to prepare.

I was one who was on the other side of the fence, (just not too long ago). I believed that I did not have to worry, God would provide. But now God is telling me to prepare. I feel his voice telling me to prepare and he is giving me direction to do so. Not to prepare for me and my family only, but to prepare for whomever he sends us. I feel his Spirit telling me that He will send those who will be in need at that time. I am to stock up for extra people.

God has proved his provision. He has recently set us up to move into a house rent free. A home with 20 acres, outbuildings (which are insolated, set for a woodstove) and ready for people to live in. The house will not be in my name and we will not have to pay rent or taxes on it. We are to move in within the next month or so. After we move in, we will not have any rent or expenses. With all the money we will be saving, we are suppose to take the money to purchase items to get off the grid, Stock up on food and supplies for multi families. When the time is right, God will then send the people whom he will send us to live there. That is what God has provided and asked of us and that is what we will do.

Even though I was one (recently) who said God would provide…I now believe that he will do so by using other Christians. I can testify that he has the power, because he has opened the door for us to receive this house to do his will.

Please do not think I’m crazy. I have not shared this with anyone until now, but I feel the Spirit and I have seen the doors open and I know it to be true as to what God wants me to do.

I have been apprehensive to tell anyone of this breakthrough, but I feel that if there are others that God is giving such direction, then I want to say….You should listen….Take heed to God. Some people God will have to prepare, but others He may not ask to prepare. If God is not laying it on you heart to prepare then that is Gods plan as well.

What I am trying to say is; We should find comfort knowing God is in control and it is his plan. Whatever part God has for each one of us within his plan is exactly where God wants each one of us to be.

Well Praise the Lord! No, I don't think you are crazy! I've been told the same thing.

Years ago, God told me that I would go to the "new place" and then after that, I would go to the "promised place". I'm still at the new place. It's paid for. I'm getting ready to go to the promised place. It's paid for too!

And yes, God has to be the Provider in all of this. We were told to prepare for 12 people (at the minimum).

The other night, my partner and I were discussing that I was too old to have children, unless God provided for me like He did Sarah (His ex girlfriend aborted his baby). He said not to worry about it, it's a horrible world to bring a child into anyway.

Later, he had a dream that during the end times, someone brought us a baby! So, God will provide even that need, LOL!

I have a firm belief that most people don't get their prayers answered because they do not get specific with the Lord, they do not practice persistence and they really don't believe.

I was told to make a list of what I needed and to start praying.

It is a looong list! Things I need for the house and things I need for the garden.

So, All in all, I'm really glad my Heavenly Father owns the cattle on thousand hills and the wealth in every mine. Have you checked the prices on woodburning cookstoves lately??? :eek:

And I need a wringer washer that runs without fuel and a gazillion other things.

Steph

Gods Child
Jan 5th 2009, 12:22 PM
Wow possumliving,

Your testimony gives me comfort knowing that we’re not alone. I know all to well what you are going through right now and how your head is swimming with all the things you will need. “As the days of Noah”,…Well I am beginning to understand how Noah must have felt when he began to prepare. It’s a little overwhelming thinking of all the things needed.

Congrats on your upcoming baby....That God will provide you!!!!!

I also am looking for a cook woodstove and ringer washer. We have a barrel woodstove, but I want one that has a flat top for cooking. Although we could have a flat top welded the barrel and my uncle could do that. But I will need two woodstoves anyway. One for our home and one for the outbuilding. I saw some cook stoves on craigslist.com and even on Ebay. You can check these places by distance. When I found them was just before Christmas and I did not have the money. They also have them at home improvement places.

We really will not have very a lot of money until we can sell the home that we are in and pay off all of our debts. I would appreciate any prays that we will sell quickly.

Perhaps we can compare lists and thoughts on the adventure.

My first thought is to stock up on food. Here is what I have found. I found a place to buy freeze dried and dehydrated foods. So far from my web searches they seem like the cheapest. They have things like powdered eggs, milk, cheese, fruits & veggies.
http://store.honeyvillegrain.com
https://www.usaemergencysupply.com

The first place is the cheapest, but the 2nd place has more stuff. The 2nd place purchases from different sights.

Both places sell what is called Oxygen Absorbers. Oxygen Absorbers are used to keep food fresh longer. You will find these absorbers in things like package aspirin, vitamins, jerky. These absorbers are those little packages that say “do not eat”. What they do is absorb the oxygen, since oxygen is what makes food spoil more quickly. It will give the food a 5-30 year self life depending on the food and how it is stored.

Another good product is Mylar food bags. These bags help keep food longer and you can package your own food in them.

Here is a link that talks about Mylar food bags along with other interesting ideas. After they packaged the items in Mylar bags, they would put the bags in 5 gallon buckets to keep rodents out.
http://www.survivalistboards.com/showpost.php?p=339675&postcount=10
http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?p=319213

Here are some helpful ideas;
http://www.survivalreportblog.com/Food_storage.html

Here is a good place to get Mylar food bags;
http://www.sorbentsystems.com/mylar.html

-

sherryt
Jan 5th 2009, 01:48 PM
I have thought and prayed about this in some depth. I think what people fail to realize is that when this time comes it will be a "bad time" for most people. Those people who don't have faith will be robbing and killing just to eat. And, I will say this again...I have had a dream. So, I prayed...okay God...what am I supposed to do...build a shelter? Stock up on food? The answer that I came up with was no. (I didn't hear his voice) Through realistic thought processes,...or I guess it was God who gave me these thoughts.... I thought this not be a good idea because who would I let in? Who would I allow food for? I can't build a shelter big enough for everyone...so when the "little child" comes knocking and I am out of room...I will more than likely be the one who is not in my own shelter. And when the next child comes, what will I do? I don't think we should subject ourselves to the evil that will be in the world then. I have came to peace knowing that God will provide...when this time comes.

Just my thought...we should each do what God is telling us to do though.

sherryt
Jan 5th 2009, 02:04 PM

I don't think you are crazy...in my dream there was a house in the middle of nowhere with at least a hundred people there....this makes me think of you and others like you. The people were "calm" during a time that was "terrifying." They had a peace and I believe because of the light that was at the end of the dream...that we should all have faith that God is going to protect us.

I am being told to prepare...but I believe my preparing involves bringing all I can to Christ. And I believe I learn more everyday.

One poster posted that we are to prepare for twelve people? Where is this scripture? I am being gueniune...I sincerely would like to know.

Sherry

Gods Child
Jan 5th 2009, 02:35 PM
I don't think you are crazy...in my dream there was a house in the middle of nowhere with at least a hundred people there....this makes me think of you and others like you. The people were "calm" during a time that was "terrifying." They had a peace and I believe because of the light that was at the end of the dream...that we should all have faith that God is going to protect us.

I am being told to prepare...but I believe my preparing involves bringing all I can to Christ. And I believe I learn more everyday.

One poster posted that we are to prepare for twelve people? Where is this scripture? I am being gueniune...I sincerely would like to know.

Sherry

I have thought and prayed about this in some depth. I think what people fail to realize is that when this time comes it will be a "bad time" for most people. Those people who don't have faith will be robbing and killing just to eat. And, I will say this again...I have had a dream. So, I prayed...okay God...what am I supposed to do...build a shelter? Stock up on food? The answer that I came up with was no. (I didn't hear his voice) Through realistic thought processes,...or I guess it was God who gave me these thoughts.... I thought this not be a good idea because who would I let in? Who would I allow food for? I can't build a shelter big enough for everyone...so when the "little child" comes knocking and I am out of room...I will more than likely be the one who is not in my own shelter. And when the next child comes, what will I do? I don't think we should subject ourselves to the evil that will be in the world then. I have came to peace knowing that God will provide...when this time comes.

Bringing all I can to Christ is top priority for me as well.

The poster of the twelve people said that they were told to prepare for 12 people or more. It was not a scripture, just what God was telling (Poster; possumliving) to stock up for.

My feeling on “who I would let in” is; God will send whom he wants there and that I will not have a problem or a need to turn anyone away. Either that means that the undesirable will not end up at my door or if I get more people than I have food, He will turn the 5 loaves of bread to feed the 500 that showed up. That's were faith comes in.

Another thing that I feel is that God will not lay this on all Christians hearts for two reasons;

One; Those that God did not tell to prepare maybe because they will be sent to those who God did tell to prepare. Perhaps there place was not safe to start a shelter and that is why they were not told to prepare

Two; To put it bluntly, Many will die before that time comes and God knows that they did not need to prepare, because they would have died before that time.

Gods Child
Jan 5th 2009, 02:48 PM
I have some other ideas that might be helpful for some.

I have this feeling that there will come a point were we will not be able to use woodstoves. I feel that this will come towards the end of the journey. Call it a feeling or premonition, but for some reason I was to look for other alternatives to cooking and heating for latter use.

There are a few things that I found. One is something called a FRESNEL LENS linear solar water heater OVEN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhZrZ7Naw_c&eurl=http://greenpowerscience.com/SOLARCOOKING.html

I bought one of these Fresnel lens on Ebay. Besides cooking, you can also start fires with this.

Also check out this website for ideas;
http://greenpowerscience.com/

Other things of interest;

BERKEY Water Filter System – A Berkey water filter you do not need to purchase filters – the filters can be washed and reused. You can filter water from any pond, rain even a mud puddle to crystal clean drinking water.

Go to http://www.youtube.com/ – type in any of the following words phrases below and find out more about other alternatives to providing Energy to get off the grid.

Listed below are word phrases for your youtube search engine

Methane Digester ; also known as biogas digesters – Methane digester - Anaerobic digester - Biodigestor

Stirling Engine - Rider Ericsson -Hot Air Engine – heat engine

Solar

Windmill – turbine engine

Steam power boiler

Generator

steam power

Hydrogen

I have also been purchasing books such as;

Cookbooks – Canning books – Survival books – Edible plants – Amish living -
Basic Preparedness - Self-Reliant - Self-Sufficient - Home Remedies – camping books
I found a lot of these books on Ebay

I have also purchased things such as;
Vintage kitchen ware – hand crank & non electric items
Manual /Hand crank Mill & meat grinder- Mill & meat grinder for grinding my own grains/meat
Hand crank flour sifter – To sift grains for cooking
non-electric meat slicer – process own meat
Cast iron pots & pans – to cook on open fire or woodstove
Crank flashlights & crank Radio
Crank (vintage) hand held drill set

Things I want to purchase (just to name a few)
Warm clothing plus Reg Clothing –Pre-2007 clothing. The reason for this is; Today they are beginning to put RFID chips into clothing. RFID can be tracked. So I want to purchase clothing that is pre-RFID chipping. Which would mean thrift store clothing or Garage sale clothing. I would love to get my hands on a RFID reader, so I can scan my clothing and other items before they are permitted on my land. Also we will not allow Cell phones and other devices for the same reason.

Food - prepared as above for long term storage
Hunting/fishing supplies including a bow and arrow set
Tents – sleeping bags – pillows – covers (all pre RFID tagging)
Chain saw and hand bow saw, ax, split mall,
Non-electric tools
Medical supplies
Toiletries – Toilet paper, cloth diapers, female items/(you can wash Use cloth pads)
5 Gal – 55 Gal pales/cans for storing items also canning jars with lids.
sharpening stone
Camping coffee pot
disposable lighters & Matches

possumliving
Jan 6th 2009, 05:54 PM

Sherry

Sherry, that's not anywhere in Scripture! LOL!!!

When my partner and I were discussing what size kitchen to build and how big of a kitchen table he got "12" and I got "dozen" at the same time.

So, that's what we are preparing for.

Steph

possumliving
Jan 6th 2009, 06:11 PM
Wow possumliving,

Your testimony gives me comfort knowing that we’re not alone. I know all to well what you are going through right now and how your head is swimming with all the things you will need. “As the days of Noah”,…Well I am beginning to understand how Noah must have felt when he began to prepare. It’s a little overwhelming thinking of all the things needed.

Congrats on your upcoming baby....That God will provide you!!!!!

I also am looking for a cook woodstove and ringer washer. We have a barrel woodstove, but I want one that has a flat top for cooking. Although we could have a flat top welded the barrel and my uncle could do that. But I will need two woodstoves anyway. One for our home and one for the outbuilding. I saw some cook stoves on craigslist.com and even on Ebay. You can check these places by distance. When I found them was just before Christmas and I did not have the money. They also have them at home improvement places.

We really will not have very a lot of money until we can sell the home that we are in and pay off all of our debts. I would appreciate any prays that we will sell quickly.

Perhaps we can compare lists and thoughts on the adventure.

My first thought is to stock up on food. Here is what I have found. I found a place to buy freeze dried and dehydrated foods. So far from my web searches they seem like the cheapest. They have things like powdered eggs, milk, cheese, fruits & veggies.
http://store.honeyvillegrain.com
https://www.usaemergencysupply.com

The first place is the cheapest, but the 2nd place has more stuff. The 2nd place purchases from different sights.

Both places sell what is called Oxygen Absorbers. Oxygen Absorbers are used to keep food fresh longer. You will find these absorbers in things like package aspirin, vitamins, jerky. These absorbers are those little packages that say “do not eat”. What they do is absorb the oxygen, since oxygen is what makes food spoil more quickly. It will give the food a 5-30 year self life depending on the food and how it is stored.

Another good product is Mylar food bags. These bags help keep food longer and you can package your own food in them.

Here is a link that talks about Mylar food bags along with other interesting ideas. After they packaged the items in Mylar bags, they would put the bags in 5 gallon buckets to keep rodents out.
http://www.survivalistboards.com/showpost.php?p=339675&postcount=10
http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?p=319213

Here are some helpful ideas;
http://www.survivalreportblog.com/Food_storage.html

Here is a good place to get Mylar food bags;
http://www.sorbentsystems.com/mylar.html

-

I wasn't lead to stock up on a lot of dry stuff like you. I was told some basic dry stuff but mostly to buy equipment (supermax dehydrator) and grow and dry and can food. I already can.

Cabella's sells hunting supplies and equipment but they also sell some awesomely huge dehydrators at good prices. So for the next couple of years, Lord willing, I will be growing, drying and canning my behind off.

There are some things that we will stock up on like coffee and sugar. But we have a grain grinder and we will buy whole grains as well as grow some. One thing you have to watch for in buying rice. Make sure it doesn't say "enriched" on the bag. That means that it is an encomplete grain with niacin added back in by law. Pallegra (insanity) is caused by niacin deficiency but by law that's all they are required to put back in. The other stuff is still missing. You are basically getting starch.

Brown rice doesn't keep well.

We will stock up on lard (for cooking and soap making). We will also be growing olive trees. Olive oil is good for cooking as well as fuel and it never ever goes bad. And the leaves are medicinal.

As for fuel...you can make the equivalent of fuel gel by combining ethanol or alcohol with ground egg shells. So raise some chickens or ducks or something.

You can also use oil lamps and solar panels for extra warmth.

If you plant any fruit trees make sure it is dwarf or semi-dwarf or it won't produce quickly enough to get a harvest.

Small fruits produce fruit within a short period of time and there are a huge amount of that kind of plant. Many of them even like shade (understory plants).

Look up Hydro Missions for free plans for non-electric pumps and stuff for your water supply.

I'll get back to you on the list. One thing I was told to include was black out fabric.

Steph

possumliving
Jan 6th 2009, 06:35 PM
I have some other ideas that might be helpful for some.

I have this feeling that there will come a point were we will not be able to use woodstoves. I feel that this will come towards the end of the journey. Call it a feeling or premonition, but for some reason I was to look for other alternatives to cooking and heating for latter use.

There are a few things that I found. One is something called a FRESNEL LENS linear solar water heater OVEN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhZrZ7Naw_c&eurl=http://greenpowerscience.com/SOLARCOOKING.html

I bought one of these Fresnel lens on Ebay. Besides cooking, you can also start fires with this.

Also check out this website for ideas;
http://greenpowerscience.com/

Other things of interest;

BERKEY Water Filter System – A Berkey water filter you do not need to purchase filters – the filters can be washed and reused. You can filter water from any pond, rain even a mud puddle to crystal clean drinking water.

Go to http://www.youtube.com/ – type in any of the following words phrases below and find out more about other alternatives to providing Energy to get off the grid.

Listed below are word phrases for your youtube search engine

Methane Digester ; also known as biogas digesters – Methane digester - Anaerobic digester - Biodigestor

Stirling Engine - Rider Ericsson -Hot Air Engine – heat engine

Solar

Windmill – turbine engine

Steam power boiler

Generator

steam power

Hydrogen

I have also been purchasing books such as;

Cookbooks – Canning books – Survival books – Edible plants – Amish living -
Basic Preparedness - Self-Reliant - Self-Sufficient - Home Remedies – camping books
I found a lot of these books on Ebay

I have also purchased things such as;
Vintage kitchen ware – hand crank & non electric items
Manual /Hand crank Mill & meat grinder- Mill & meat grinder for grinding my own grains/meat
Hand crank flour sifter – To sift grains for cooking
non-electric meat slicer – process own meat
Cast iron pots & pans – to cook on open fire or woodstove
Crank flashlights & crank Radio
Crank (vintage) hand held drill set

Things I want to purchase (just to name a few)
Warm clothing plus Reg Clothing –Pre-2007 clothing. The reason for this is; Today they are beginning to put RFID chips into clothing. RFID can be tracked. So I want to purchase clothing that is pre-RFID chipping. Which would mean thrift store clothing or Garage sale clothing. I would love to get my hands on a RFID reader, so I can scan my clothing and other items before they are permitted on my land. Also we will not allow Cell phones and other devices for the same reason.

Food - prepared as above for long term storage
Hunting/fishing supplies including a bow and arrow set
Tents – sleeping bags – pillows – covers (all pre RFID tagging)
Chain saw and hand bow saw, ax, split mall,
Non-electric tools
Medical supplies
Toiletries – Toilet paper, cloth diapers, female items/(you can wash Use cloth pads)
5 Gal – 55 Gal pales/cans for storing items also canning jars with lids.
sharpening stone
Camping coffee pot
disposable lighters & Matches

Oh, and as for the above list, check! check and check! Yes, many of them are already purchased or are on my own list. Including the digester. Include some bamboo plants for arrows.

Here's some of my list:

Wood burning cookstove w/resevoir
Scrub brushes and metal pot scrubbers
Wood heater with cooktop surface (I already have one)
Canning Jars and lots of extra lids and rings
Corn Huller
Scythe
Cider Press
Quilting Frame
Treadle rig for my sewing machines
Several bolts of cotton fabric, metal buttons, thread, needles, ect. (wringer washers don't like plastic buttons so converting to drawstring clothes when necessary is good)
Huge Stainless steel pots
Heavy duty stainless steel utensils. I've got some already but not enough
Clothes lines and clothes pins
Stainless steel bowls (I already have some that were bought used but could use some more)
Cream seperator for goatss
pasta machine hand crank
Crocks butter churn
cheese presses
Oil lamp parts
Cheese wax/cheese cloth
Knives
Wash tubs
Extra mop heads
Wire whisks
Bread pans
Bread/pizza shovel (building a masonry stove)
Oven thermometor
Spare blades for apple peeler
Steel wool (not SOS pads)
Sad irons
Cross bow

Thats just some of the stuff. In general, think of little house on the prairie, LOL! I'll get a spinning wheet if I can too and some angora rabbits

I've already got over 50 lbs of wax.
grain grinder
cast iron tons of it (him and me both)
wood burner
sifter
hatchet
fish filet knife
fishing pole
canning kettles
meat grinder
apple peeler
corn cutter
wire for cages
stainless steel pots and pans
extra galvanized trash cans (need more though)
a lot of fabrics etc.
3 sewing machines
lots of spare coats and stuff
clothing patterns for men, women and children
extra bedding and blankets
lots of books
etc, etc.

sherryt
Jan 6th 2009, 09:38 PM
Sherry, that's not anywhere in Scripture! LOL!!!

When my partner and I were discussing what size kitchen to build and how big of a kitchen table he got "12" and I got "dozen" at the same time.

So, that's what we are preparing for.

Steph

oh...okay...lol...guess I should read a little closer...I was thinking:idea: okay, 12 could be a significant number as there were 12 apostles...but i still don't remember anything about providing for 12 people. Guess I jumped the gun on that and should have read more about what you were talking about...anyway...carry on:)
Have a great day!
Sherry

Gods Child
Jan 7th 2009, 03:55 AM
I wasn't lead to stock up on a lot of dry stuff like you. I was told some basic dry stuff but mostly to buy equipment (supermax dehydrator) and grow and dry and can food. I already can.

Cabella's sells hunting supplies and equipment but they also sell some awesomely huge dehydrators at good prices. So for the next couple of years, Lord willing, I will be growing, drying and canning my behind off.

There are some things that we will stock up on like coffee and sugar. But we have a grain grinder and we will buy whole grains as well as grow some. One thing you have to watch for in buying rice. Make sure it doesn't say "enriched" on the bag. That means that it is an encomplete grain with niacin added back in by law. Pallegra (insanity) is caused by niacin deficiency but by law that's all they are required to put back in. The other stuff is still missing. You are basically getting starch.

Brown rice doesn't keep well.

We will stock up on lard (for cooking and soap making). We will also be growing olive trees. Olive oil is good for cooking as well as fuel and it never ever goes bad. And the leaves are medicinal.

As for fuel...you can make the equivalent of fuel gel by combining ethanol or alcohol with ground egg shells. So raise some chickens or ducks or something.

You can also use oil lamps and solar panels for extra warmth.

If you plant any fruit trees make sure it is dwarf or semi-dwarf or it won't produce quickly enough to get a harvest.

Small fruits produce fruit within a short period of time and there are a huge amount of that kind of plant. Many of them even like shade (understory plants).

Look up Hydro Missions for free plans for non-electric pumps and stuff for your water supply.

I'll get back to you on the list. One thing I was told to include was black out fabric.

Steph

I want to stock up on all sorts of things including dry goods. I know about the rice & dwarf trees. I will be canning, but right now it seems to be cheaper to buy the dehydrated food as I will not have a garden until after I move. I've been checking out old fashion ways of dehydrating food, using a cook stove and sun drying, because I feel that we will not have electric like we do now. Without electric the our dehydrator would not work.

I have a bunch of oil lamps and we're checking into solar panels.

I will check into the olive trees, but I don't know if they will grow up north. I'm from Michigan.

Do you have a web site for the ethanol/alcohol ground egg shell fuel?

Your list looks like my list...Wow

Strength from Him
Jan 7th 2009, 04:56 AM
As I do every night is I have trouble sleeping. I tend to wake up at the same time every night. Well, about two weeks ago, when I woke up at my usual time, I started thinking about things, actually my mind races over all that is going on in my life which has not been good. Anyways, during my thoughts, an "obtrusive" thought came into my mind out of no where. (Right now you are saying get to the point.:lol: ) God is in control. :pp There is no way that thought was from me. So, I have been meditating on that truth since. He will take care of us. He promises this. It's a wonderful thing. Just a side note, I am a huge worrier. So,if the GT happens, I am going to trust that he will move the Holy Spirit within me concerning to prepare or not. So, far not.

Gods Child
Jan 8th 2009, 01:58 AM
Years ago, God told me that I would go to the "new place" and then after that, I would go to the "promised place". I'm still at the new place. It's paid for. I'm getting ready to go to the promised place. It's paid for too!

Besides the eggshell question, I also have this question.

If a house is paid for, they can take it if you do not pay your taxes. If the time comes when a person can not buy or sell how does a person pay their taxes then?

I don't know, but I was wondering if a person had a bank account, would you still have that account after the time where you could not buy or sell. Could a person (if they can keep the bank account) put enough money in that account and set up where your taxes would be taken from that account. That would mean that you would have to keep a lot of money in that account to last through the trib. If your taxes are paid, then what would be their reason for taking your land. I know that they will be killing Christians, but not at first. There will be some time between the mark & no buy or sell, Meanwhile taxes would have to be paid to keep your land. If you can't buy or sell how would you pay your taxes.

If you have enough money, would the tax office let you pay for years of taxes in advance?

Maybe there is some sort of loop hole and we should be checking for that loop hole now.

JaneA
Jan 9th 2009, 02:44 AM
Hey, didn't know I would start such a big thread. I guess I do worry a little but I know God will provide somehow. Though I think preparing would be a great idea. In the parable of the 10 virgins, the foolish ones didn't have enough oil for there lamps. I think the non-electric items would be good b/c you won't be able to get electricity without having the mark. And no, you will not be able to have a bank account b/c you will need an ID ( the mark) to do anything. I'm not sure how banks will work anyway without cash. Cash will not be accepted anymore, it will be a cashless society. Yes, I am a christian but I think we will go through the tribulation. I think it will not be long before things get really bad, so hang on. I would love to be wrong and the rapture to happen before the trib. Either way I am looking for Jesus the blessed hope, when He comes. Come soon Lord Jesus, Amen.:pp

possumliving
Jan 12th 2009, 06:50 PM
Besides the eggshell question, I also have this question.

If a house is paid for, they can take it if you do not pay your taxes. If the time comes when a person can not buy or sell how does a person pay their taxes then?

I don't know, but I was wondering if a person had a bank account, would you still have that account after the time where you could not buy or sell. Could a person (if they can keep the bank account) put enough money in that account and set up where your taxes would be taken from that account. That would mean that you would have to keep a lot of money in that account to last through the trib. If your taxes are paid, then what would be their reason for taking your land. I know that they will be killing Christians, but not at first. There will be some time between the mark & no buy or sell, Meanwhile taxes would have to be paid to keep your land. If you can't buy or sell how would you pay your taxes.

If you have enough money, would the tax office let you pay for years of taxes in advance?

Maybe there is some sort of loop hole and we should be checking for that loop hole now.

Honestly, I have no idea. Here's a thought thuogh. Perhaps, just perhaps, if the unemployment continues to rise and the foreclosures and evictions continue to rise, there will be so much real estate on the market they wo't know what to do with it and won't be concerned too much? LOL

Just keep praying about it. I have thought about asking to see if it is payable in advance. And most checkcards/debit cards are good for several years. They just moved me, without me asking, for an account that has no monthly fees.

So, it might be possible, if you set it up for debit, to have them take the money out automatically for a couple of years.

Steph

possumliving
Jan 12th 2009, 07:11 PM

Steph

On the fuel gel here ya go!

http://www.survivalschool.com/articles/Fire_Making/How_to_Make_Sterno.htm (http://www.survivalschool.com/articles/Fire_Making/How_to_Make_Sterno.htm)

And the awesome thing about this stuff is that you can burn it inside, and they actually make fireplaces for fuel gel stoves.

Steph

Gods Child
Jan 18th 2009, 04:34 AM
On the fuel gel here ya go!

http://www.survivalschool.com/articles/Fire_Making/How_to_Make_Sterno.htm (http://www.survivalschool.com/articles/Fire_Making/How_to_Make_Sterno.htm)

And the awesome thing about this stuff is that you can burn it inside, and they actually make fireplaces for fuel gel stoves.

Steph

Thanks for the info