PDA

View Full Version : Wise Men Still Seek God's Son

LankyLee
Dec 22nd 2008, 08:19 AM
:)

Merry Christmas to all.

theBelovedDisciple
Dec 22nd 2008, 06:19 PM
The same to you too LankyLee.... and to add to your statement look what God does...... and He still does it today...

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

He's been doing this down thru tha ages.. but How many actually give Credit to Him for the 'wisdom' they have recieved freely and liberally...

matthew94
Dec 22nd 2008, 06:33 PM
I preached on the 'wise-men' passage yestereday. The thing I felt most led to share was this idea of their passion for truth. They had maybe a few, somewhat obscure sources pointing them to Jesus, but they were willing to travel across a continent with costly gifts to find and worship Him. All the while, a bunch of people in and around Jerusalem had all the resources in the world right under their noses, but no real passion for it!

How much is this like the American church? We have books and books, Bible upon Bible, resource after resource. But without a passion for the truth and, ultimately, the Truth, we don't hold a candle to the passionate example of those wise-men.

Proverbs 17:16
Why is there in the hand of a fool the purchase price of wisdom, Since he has no heart for it?

crossnote
Dec 23rd 2008, 07:28 AM
I preached on the 'wise-men' passage yestereday. The thing I felt most led to share was this idea of their passion for truth. They had maybe a few, somewhat obscure sources pointing them to Jesus, but they were willing to travel across a continent with costly gifts to find and worship Him. All the while, a bunch of people in and around Jerusalem had all the resources in the world right under their noses, but no real passion for it!

How much is this like the American church? We have books and books, Bible upon Bible, resource after resource. But without a passion for the truth and, ultimately, the Truth, we don't hold a candle to the passionate example of those wise-men.

Proverbs 17:16
Why is there in the hand of a fool the purchase price of wisdom, Since he has no heart for it?

This reminds me of many in the peresecuted church who would pay a years salary to get hold of a bible. We have them sitting on our thrift store shelves for 50 and pass them by.
OH Yes!
:ppH A P P Y I N C A R N A T I O N D A Y :hug:

JesusMySavior
Dec 23rd 2008, 07:53 AM
This reminds me of many in the peresecuted church who would pay a years salary to get hold of a bible. We have them sitting on our thrift store shelves for 50 and pass them by.
OH Yes!
:ppH A P P Y I N C A R N A T I O N D A Y :hug:

Yes!!! I know!!!

Proverbs 1:7, 9:10, 15:33; Ps. 111:10 - The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. Let us seek Him in humility and honor! Amen!