PDA

View Full Version : First Christmas without my mum

Rocking horse
Dec 22nd 2008, 12:11 PM
Hi,

My mother went to Heaven in July and this is my first Christmas without her in my 57 yrs of life......I'm going to visit her grave on Christmas eve, and I don't think it will be easy. I know she'd want us to be happy....but I know it will be a difficult time this Christmas. Please pray for my family.

Thanks, Rocky

Jolie76
Dec 22nd 2008, 12:31 PM
Please Jesus bring peace and comfort to this person. Let her know her mother is safe in your care and that her love will extend from Heaven back to earth!
:pray:

steelerbabe
Dec 22nd 2008, 01:20 PM
Rocky: I am praying that Jesus comfort you during this holiday season:pray: My mom has been gone 25 years and I still miss her:cry:

CoffeeCat
Dec 22nd 2008, 02:07 PM
Rocky, I am praying for you and your family this Christmas. :pray: May Christ's peace fill you, and remind you of how loved you are. :hug:

Rocking horse
Dec 23rd 2008, 12:28 AM
Thank you....I'm actually having second thoughts about going to the grave, it will only upset me, and I dont think I need that, so maybe I won't go after all. If flowers or anything is left there they only get stolen, that's happened to us twice already.

Thank you all for your love. Rocky (Anne)

MercyChild
Dec 23rd 2008, 01:31 AM
Hi there, I will be praying in whatever you may decide, that God will comfort you during this time. I pray that He will wipe away all tears and heal your broken heart. Earthly bonds can become so tight at times, and God knows that. May you find rest and peace in HIM!:hug::hug:

laspcae
Dec 23rd 2008, 01:43 AM
It seems you have family right here my friend as well and may you continue to be blessed by all the sweet saints that have lifted you up. And may God bless them for their love for others. I am truly blessed to have found such a wonderful group of people. May the Lord go before you on your visit as we know He will be you. God bless you and your family.

Colo25
Dec 23rd 2008, 05:16 AM
Rocky, I will be praying for you tonight. Its not an easy thing to lose a loved one, especially a mother or father. And Christmas's can be hard on us. I lost my Mom too and I feel for you. I will keep you in my prayers and pray that you will find comfort in Jesus during the holidays, and everyday after. And I agree with laspcae, you do indeed have a family here, as we all do.
you need a :hug: from California...:hug:
ysic,
Colo

Lefty
Dec 23rd 2008, 07:11 AM
I'm praying for you too Rocky, that God will give you and your family peace and comfort during the Holidays, which I think are a test from God sometimes, to remind us to put his love above all other loved ones. There is an eye to this hurricane of emotional turmoil, and God is right there calling you. Stay close.

I lost my Mom 5 years ago about this time. At first I got some degree of comfort from visiting her grave, but later I felt that I could be in closer "proximity" to her by drawing closer to God, who is caring for her now, so I don't care to go over there except once a year on Memorial Day. I'm now in the process of losing my Dad to cancer, yet I'm at peace and look forward to seeing them both in heaven. "Though a man die, yet shall he live."

Ashley274
Dec 23rd 2008, 07:19 AM
I will be praying for you...and have been..I know it is a hard time :hug: