PDA

View Full Version : Specificy of an event positively correlate to it's importance?

Romber
Dec 22nd 2008, 08:12 PM
I was just wondering if a good(or safe for that matter) way of looking at the bible would be to see the detail each subject received? Example would be Jesus' crucifixion. Fairly important event, right? (:P) It got a whopping 80 or so verses in a row just explaining the whole event, not including all the foreshadowing and such. As opposed to the Creation story, which only got about 30 or so verses(IIRC).

Do you think it is a subtle way for God to point out what exactly is the most important stuff that we should really pay attention to? Or do you think it is just a lazy heuristic that should not be paid much attention to?

RabbiKnife
Dec 22nd 2008, 08:15 PM
I don't even know what a heuristic is, but I think you can get a pill for it and avoid surgery.

I disagree with the general premise. Jesus talked more about money than hell, but I'm pretty sure he thought hell was a pretty important topic. Now that I think about it, he talked more about hell than about heaven. The Bible really doesn't say all that much about the Holy Spirit, not nearly as much as it does about who begat who...

Romber
Dec 22nd 2008, 08:19 PM
I disagree with the general premise. Jesus talked more about money than hell, but I'm pretty sure he thought hell was a pretty important topic. Now that I think about it, he talked more about hell than about heaven. The Bible really doesn't say all that much about the Holy Spirit, not nearly as much as it does about who begat who...

But I mean in context of what he was talking about. For example Jesus spoke more of hell as a terrible place, thus giving you reason not to go and find salvation. Then it would make sense as it was talked about more than heaven. Sometimes non-believers(and believers alike) need negative reinforcement to help get a point across.