PDA

View Full Version : December of 2012

ShadowWolf
Dec 25th 2008, 06:49 AM
I'm actually tired of hearing about it already. Is it really referenced in the Bible?

I'm not affluent with Bible prophecies, but if it's in there I would like to know.

Thank ye.

quiet dove
Dec 25th 2008, 06:55 AM
No, it's not in there. :)

mdo757
Dec 25th 2008, 08:00 AM
I'm actually tired of hearing about it already. Is it really referenced in the Bible?

I'm not affluent with Bible prophecies, but if it's in there I would like to know.

Thank ye. 2012 marks a 2000 year gap between the first time Yahshua visited the temple till 2012. Also at the same time there will be rare astrological events on a Jewish holy day.

quiet dove
Dec 25th 2008, 08:03 AM
Just a reminder everyone, no date setting.

Bethany67
Dec 25th 2008, 09:46 AM
2012 marks a 2000 year gap between the first time Yahshua visited the temple till 2012. Also at the same time there will be rare astrological events on a Jewish holy day.

Except He wasn't born necessarily born in the year zero; the truth is we don't have an exact date, and the current assumption of the year zero and year-counting was estimated in early medieval times. Dates for His birth matching attested historical accounts range from before 4 BC (when Herod the Great died) to 6 AD (the first Roman census of the outlying provinces of Judea and Syria). The general concensus is that He was born somewhere around 4 BC or slightly earlier.

vinsight4u8
Dec 25th 2008, 10:56 AM
What we do seem to have been given though is a clue - via Daniel 10.

Look at how long Daniel mourned.

three full weeks

Daniel saw a vision - a vision of sad times for Israel - then he mourned for three full weeks.
Look next at Daniel 9 - where just before Gabriel explains the time of 70 weeks to Daniel - he told him to consider -"the vision".
So did that mean - take the Daniel 10 - three weeks of mourning vision into account - apply it to the time of seventy weeks of years?

I believe that it did.

Jesus told us about the coming of a time of the beginning of sorrows.
sadness
mourning

Did Daniel reveal to us how long this portion of time is to last?
21 years?

three full weeks

This is why I believe we need to watch for things to unfold as the Palestinians fall.

Then expect Iraq to attack Israel - and no strength in Egypt.

student of the Lamb
Dec 25th 2008, 03:01 PM
We are told that Christ will come like a thief in the night. We are also told not to be concerned as to when He will come, only to be ready. For those reasons I seriously doubt that there is any hint as to when He will come. God is the Holy Father and He also has the power to change His mind. The people of Israel never seemed to trust God and they paid dearly more than once. We are to just be faithful and wait patiently. He will come when He gets ready. In Luke 12:49-53 Christ tells us that He was ready then for the day of judgment but God was willing to give everyone that chance at salvation. The time will come when God has decided that no one else will freely change their minds. That time does continue to grow closer. Wait patiently.

BibleGirl02
Dec 27th 2008, 03:08 AM
Nobody knows the date or the hour but the Father as the Bible says.

Matthew 24:36 KJV But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

possumliving
Dec 27th 2008, 05:21 AM
Nobody knows the date or the hour but the Father as the Bible says.

Matthew 24:36 KJV But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

True, we don't know the exact day or hour but...

Matt 24:14 And this good news of the kingdom (the Gospel) will be preached throughout the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then will come the end.
Matt 24:15 So when you see the appalling sacrilege [the abomination that astonishes and makes desolate], spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the Holy Place--let the reader take notice {and} ponder {and} consider {and} heed [this]--

Matt 24:25 See, I have warned you beforehand.

carboy
Dec 27th 2008, 03:26 PM
There were some good bible teachers that made fools of themselves with Y2K and discredited their ministries and witness of other believers. We need to stay away from stuff like this. We seem to be so easily manipulated into sounding like fools and led astray from loving others and being of a strong clear mind.

I'm sure this will heat up as we approach.

Bladers
Dec 27th 2008, 06:42 PM
It will end Dec 25th, 2012....... :rofl:

Just joking:bounce:, no one knows the day or the hour. But Jesus told us the seasons; time of war.

Christian Sweetie
Dec 27th 2008, 07:49 PM
We are told that Christ will come like a thief in the night. We are also told not to be concerned as to when He will come, only to be ready. For those reasons I seriously doubt that there is any hint as to when He will come. God is the Holy Father and He also has the power to change His mind. The people of Israel never seemed to trust God and they paid dearly more than once. We are to just be faithful and wait patiently. He will come when He gets ready. In Luke 12:49-53 Christ tells us that He was ready then for the day of judgment but God was willing to give everyone that chance at salvation. The time will come when God has decided that no one else will freely change their minds. That time does continue to grow closer. Wait patiently.

Agreed. We'll never know the exact date that Jesus comes back, and the fact that this number is floating around as truth should immediately discredit it. The Lord isn't going to be so specific like this because that really wouldn't be coming like a "thief in the night" would it?

maasive10
Dec 28th 2008, 01:14 AM
Is this the date that is floating around belonging to the Mayan Calendar? Or is that another date - supposedly there will be many people around the world meeting in the Mayan Riveira for said event. Hope they won't be too disappointed.
My DH always says if people are so sure that the world is going to end on that date - then lets ask them for all their money - cause they won't need it right? LOL! But when it comes down to it - they are sceptics themselves.

Yukerboy
Dec 28th 2008, 01:52 AM
But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

The stage is set. We know that. The day, when it comes, will not surprise us.

No one knows the day or the hour, but we know it is close, and we know that Satan knows it too, for Satan is talked of knowing that his time will be short. The demons in the pigs knew that it was not the appointed time, for they knew the general time, as Satan knows, as you and I know.

Now, is it coincidence that so many signs point to this era? Does Satan know the general time that he could also influence prophecy?

The prophecy of St. Malachy? The Mayan Calendar? Nostradamus? The list surely goes on.

Yuke

quiet dove
Dec 28th 2008, 05:21 AM
I think the OP has gotten enough feed back to understand that there is no date given in scripture, so setting a date is rather fruitless, and can be down right damaging to the faith. With that said I am going to close the thread. :)

Thanks for honoring the "no date setting" rule here everyone.