PDA

View Full Version : Isaiah 13:10 and end times events

grmike
Dec 25th 2008, 07:54 AM
in Isaiah 13:10 God says that the stars, sun, moon will be dark

"For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine."

Jeremiah 31:35 says
Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name
If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

does this mean something is happening with Israel or because the moon and stars ordinances and sea stay the same it doesn't affect anything.

My heart's Desire
Dec 28th 2008, 02:49 AM
Welcome. You know. You bring up an interesting point. I'd like to think on it. I've always heard this means that as long as creation...stars, moon exist so will the nation of Israel. This mentions the ordinances of the stars and moon. Does this mean the actual stars-moon or the light that they give (are they the ordinances). If light fails to emit from them (stars and moon) does it mean they actually cease to exist or just their properties? Does Israel continue to exist as long as there are moon and stars or does Israel cease to exist if the moon and stars cease to give light? Very interesting indeed.