PDA

View Full Version : Just Curious

BCF
Dec 26th 2008, 02:25 AM
I was watching this program the other day on the History, or Discovery Channel, that had a show on about these people who do this Bible Code thing. Has anyone on here heard of this? Anyway, they are claiming that in 2012 their will be this meteor that will hit the earth and depending on how big it is....it could destroy most of the earth. They also said something about how the Mayan Calender has also predicted the end of the earth in 2012 with a similar type of ending....except the Mayan Calender just ends on 2012.....but that it does have similar destruction happening.

I personally believe just what Jesus says, that nobody, not even himself, knows when. But when you listen to this stuff...it does make you wonder where they come up with this stuff.

Anyways....I was just wanting to know if there where any other thoughts out there about it.

God Bless,

Dave

quiet dove
Dec 26th 2008, 02:40 AM
I personally believe just what Jesus says, that nobody, not even himself, knows when. But when you listen to this stuff...it does make you wonder where they come up with this stuff.

Anyways....I was just wanting to know if there where any other thoughts out there about it.

God Bless,

Dave

I think the consensus of most regular ETCers, no matter their end time view, would be to stick with what Jesus says, that nobody knows. And since Revelations also tells us that God Himself will destroy the old earth and heavens and create new ones, we don't have to be concerned about a meteor doing it. The earth ain't going nowhere until God says, and the Bible says nothing about the earth being destroyed by a meteor. And the Bible code business is not all it's cracked up to be for one simple truth - codes do not give us understanding of God's word, the Holy Spirit does. There is simply no other way to understand the Bible except that the Spirit opens up God's truth to our hearts, simiple as that.

BCF
Dec 26th 2008, 02:53 AM
I think the consensus of most regular ETCers, no matter their end time view, would be to stick with what Jesus says, that nobody knows. And since Revelations also tells us that God Himself will destroy the old earth and heavens and create new ones, we don't have to be concerned about a meteor doing it. The earth ain't going nowhere until God says, and the Bible says nothing about the earth being destroyed by a meteor. And the Bible code business is not all it's cracked up to be for one simple truth - codes do not give us understanding of God's word, the Holy Spirit does. There is simply no other way to understand the Bible except that the Spirit opens up God's truth to our hearts, simiple as that.

Yeah...I agree with you totally. I watch very little TV(unless of coarse my Dolphins are on LOL) but I was just going through the stations the other day and saw this, and just got curious of what they were trying to say. I never heard of that Bible Code thing before...and did not remember anyone bringing it up on here for discussion. So I thought I would see if anyone else knew anything about it.

Thanks for answering,

God Bless,

Dave

quiet dove
Dec 26th 2008, 03:15 AM
Yeah...I agree with you totally. I watch very little TV(unless of coarse my Dolphins are on LOL) but I was just going through the stations the other day and saw this, and just got curious of what they were trying to say. I never heard of that Bible Code thing before...and did not remember anyone bringing it up on here for discussion. So I thought I would see if anyone else knew anything about it.

Thanks for answering,

God Bless,

Dave

Well, date setting is not permitted in ETC, thus the lack of response. And so we don't get anyone in trouble here I am going to close the thread.
:)