PDA

View Full Version : Discussion But whom say ye that I am?

theBelovedDisciple
Dec 27th 2008, 12:34 AM
When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

And they said, Some [say that thou art] John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Peter's answer was to say that Jesus is the 'Christ', the Son of the Living God.. and that it was the Father that revealed that to Him.. not flesh and blood.

I pose this simple question.....

Whom do you say that He is? What has the Holy Ghost revealed unto you WHOM Jesus is?

I'll start with my answer..

He is Truly and Indeed the Christ.. He is the Son of the Living God... He is God come from Heaven.. manifested in the flesh.. God in the flesh...... Pure and without sin.
Physically alive at one time but put to death in the flesh... but has Arisen from the dead and is Alive forevermore and Seated at the Right Hand of the Father.
He is My Redeemer and He is My Salvation and He will be with me forevermore.. whether its in this tabernacle(flesh) on this planet or when I take my last breath and enter into His presence literally...

Amen and Amen

Vhayes
Dec 27th 2008, 12:53 AM
Wonderful Savior
King of kings and Lord of lords
God the Son and the Son of God
Son of man
Great High Priest
The Alpha and the Omega
The Beginning and the End of everything, including me.

always
Dec 27th 2008, 03:33 AM
He is I AM ........................................

neverleaveunorfors
Dec 27th 2008, 07:33 AM
He is I AM ........................................

When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

And they said, Some [say that thou art] John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Peter's answer was to say that Jesus is the 'Christ', the Son of the Living God.. and that it was the Father that revealed that to Him.. not flesh and blood.

I pose this simple question.....

Whom do you say that He is? What has the Holy Ghost revealed unto you WHOM Jesus is?

I'll start with my answer..

He is Truly and Indeed the Christ.. He is the Son of the Living God... He is God come from Heaven.. manifested in the flesh.. God in the flesh...... Pure and without sin.
Physically alive at one time but put to death in the flesh... but has Arisen from the dead and is Alive forevermore and Seated at the Right Hand of the Father.
He is My Redeemer and He is My Salvation and He will be with me forevermore.. whether its in this tabernacle(flesh) on this planet or when I take my last breath and enter into His presence literally...

Amen and Amen
he is the Christ he is the one God spoke of through the Holy prophets he is the one Mose's spoke of and wrote of ,he is the one God put his spirit upon he is the son of the living God he is the one God said you are my son today I have begotten you , he is the one john the baptist came testifying of he is the one born of a virgin he is the one that came to do the fathers will he is the one that gave his life so we could live he is the one that took on the sin of the world he is the one that God raised from the dead he is the one that came from God he is the true vine he is king of kings he is Lord of Lords he is the Lamb of God he is the one God made both Lord and Christ who did he say he was?:hmm:

crossnote
Dec 27th 2008, 07:41 AM
I believe in Jesus Christ, God the Father's only Son, our Lord:
Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost,
born of the virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;
He descended into hell.
The third day He arose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven,
and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

(HeHe)

neverleaveunorfors
Dec 27th 2008, 07:52 AM
I believe in Jesus Christ, God the Father's only Son, our Lord:
Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost,
born of the virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;
He descended into hell.
The third day He arose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven,
and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

(HeHe)

amennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ameennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnamennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn n:pp

theBelovedDisciple
Dec 27th 2008, 03:58 PM
[quote= who did he say he was?:hmm:[/quote]

Jesus's answer standing before the Sanhedrin and His blatant accusers as well as Caiaphas the High Priest... Listen to what Jesus says...

But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.

Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.

And this occasion when the chief priests had accused Him of being a sinner and born of fornication... He told them Abraham rejoiced to see His day.. he saw and was glad... they were almost laughing to the point of scorn... and told Him.. your not even 50 years old and you've seen Abraham? I can hear them whispering and laughing at Him.. and He turned around and answered them...

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

There is no question He is who He says He is.....

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Whom do you say that He is???