PDA

View Full Version : Israel Watch

wombat
Dec 28th 2008, 04:18 AM
Hi, everyone! May I ask you all to post any news about Israel you might find regarding the current Gaza operations so we can keep an eye on events happening there?

wombat
Dec 28th 2008, 04:20 AM
Here's an article I found regarding the Israeli strikes on Gaza. The article mentions that Hamas has declared open war on Israel.

http://israelinsider.ning.com/profiles/blogs/hamas-declares-war-after (http://israelinsider.ning.com/profiles/blogs/hamas-declares-war-after)

Aviva
Dec 28th 2008, 05:16 AM
Well, God has declared war on hamas!

wpm
Dec 28th 2008, 05:37 AM
Well, God has declared war on hamas!

Jesus said in John 18:36, “My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.”

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 says, “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.”

wombat
Dec 28th 2008, 05:57 PM
Here is an article from YNet regarding the call-up of 6700 Israeli reservists.

http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/ArticleLayout/CdaArticlePrintPreview/1,2506,L-3645561,00.html

RevLogos
Dec 28th 2008, 06:49 PM
Many articles here at the Jerusalem Post - a good bookmark if you are following this

http://www.jpost.com/

wombat
Dec 29th 2008, 05:48 AM
Many articles here at the Jerusalem Post - a good bookmark if you are following this

http://www.jpost.com/
Thanks, Revolvr! Lots of interesting information here!

Eliakim
Dec 29th 2008, 07:04 PM
Shalom !

Interestingly, the pope has called for peace in the midde east.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7799464.stm

Also, here is an article from February 2008 about the possibility of an israli-gaza war:
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1710078,00.html

I also read that Libanon has placed rockets facing Israel and is ready to strike.

I personally am very sure that we are heading into the 70th week of Daniel. Not everyone may agree on Jesus´ figtree parable as this being a sign for us regarding all things beng fulfilled within a generaion of the birth of Israel. But I believe so.

Things can happen very quick now. We should have "triblation-kit" in our house - backpack, sleeping bag, matress, and so forth...I don´t believe in a pretrib rapture...

Pray for one another !
Eliakim from Germany

wombat
Dec 29th 2008, 10:59 PM
Interestingly, the pope has called for peace in the midde east. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7799464.stm
Also, here is an article from February 2008 about the possibility of an israli-gaza war:
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1710078,00.html
I also read that Libanon has placed rockets facing Israel and is ready to strike. I personally am very sure that we are heading into the 70th week of Daniel. Not everyone may agree on Jesus´ figtree parable as this being a sign for us regarding all things beng fulfilled within a generaion of the birth of Israel. But I believe so. Things can happen very quick now. We should have "triblation-kit" in our house - backpack, sleeping bag, matress, and so forth...I don´t believe in a pretrib rapture...
Pray for one another !
Eliakim from Germany
Hi, Eliakim! Thank you for the links! I too believe that the 70th week is soon to begin, and I agree with you about the figtree parable. I am watching the developments in Israel very carefully, as these events may turn out to have a bearing on fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Perhaps this will be just another example of the "wars and rumors of wars" spoken of by Jesus, but it is also possible that we may soon see the Psalm 83 fulfillment. We must wait and see and pray for Israel. I will also be praying for our brothers and sisters in Jesus!

Aviva
Dec 29th 2008, 11:18 PM
Any activity in Israel should cause us to 'look up"!

Kudo Shinichi
Dec 30th 2008, 07:26 AM
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/1208/glick122608.php3, guess it's getting tougher time for Jews and Christians to overcome persecution soon

wombat
Dec 30th 2008, 02:11 PM
Any activity in Israel should cause us to 'look up"!
Hi, Aviva! Yes, I agree! Israel and particularly Jerusalem has increasingly become the heavy burden for the world just as the Scriptures predicted. I believe we should keep looking up because I don't think the Lord will wait much longer to return!

wombat
Dec 30th 2008, 02:20 PM
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/1208/glick122608.php3, guess it's getting tougher time for Jews and Christians to overcome persecution soon
Thank you for this link, Shinichi Kudo! This is very interesting, and it is heartbreaking to think that our brothers and sisters in Christ will be facing crucifixion at the hands of Hamas. We must never fail to pray for them!:pray:

Ta-An
Dec 30th 2008, 02:22 PM
Another News link http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3646154,00.html

http://www.ynetnews.com/home/0,7340,L-3083,00.html

Ta-An
Dec 30th 2008, 02:25 PM
A very dear to me link : http://www.bridgesforpeace.com/

wombat
Dec 30th 2008, 03:11 PM
Thanks, ACCM! Interesting information in these links!

Partaker of Christ
Dec 30th 2008, 03:26 PM
I have not read all news, but I have not yet heard any comment (response) given by Russia?
China, Mexico, Iran, UN, EU and many other countries around the world.

Russia's economy is very much dependent on oil prices. They have struggled with the low price of oil.
They say the troubles have cuased the price of oil, to shoot up in price.

Ta-An
Dec 30th 2008, 05:23 PM
Another special link : http://www.aish.com/jewishissues/middleeast/Defending_Israels_Operations_in_Ga.asp

Ta-An
Dec 30th 2008, 08:43 PM
Please pray with me Psalm 121 1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.

3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.

6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

and Ps 142
1 I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication.

2 I poured out my complaint before him; I shewed before him my trouble.

3 When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me.

4 I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.

5 I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.

6 Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low: deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I.

7 Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me.

Israeli army forces are going into Gaza right now...... :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

wombat
Dec 30th 2008, 09:52 PM
Please pray with me Israeli army forces are going into Gaza right now...... :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Yes, we will pray with you, ACCM! Please keep us up-to-date as you are able. May God be with you!

vinsight4u8
Dec 30th 2008, 09:58 PM
Hey ACCM

What is making you think that the ground troops have entered Gaza?

vinsight4u8
Dec 30th 2008, 10:04 PM
Watch for Iraq to come to the rescue when the Palestinians fall.

"Daniel 11:15"
"So the king of the north shall come...."

How much do we actually know about the death event of Saddam?

How come this verse doesn't show a new ruler in Iraq - the north - if Saddam actually is dead?

11:13
after certain years
= the part that shows to split up the chapter

the king of the north would come with a great army
much riches =equipment

Iraq - under Saddam had a huge army.

Why say - he comes -and then never tell us what this army did - or where they went - or how they fall?

Then -in those same days - was to be the fall of the ruler of Egypt - by many against him.
I see that as the assassination of Anwar Sadat.

now - Mubarak his VP is made President of Egypt

and the robbers - the Palestinians were to enter the picture laid out in this prophecy

but they shall fall

Iraq will come to Israel and take the most fenced cities.

There will be no strength to withstand.

All within 21 years. - so before the end of 2009?

hupo
Dec 30th 2008, 10:13 PM
Hey ACCM

What is making you think that the ground troops have entered Gaza?
They haven't...yet! Even tonight, as towns and villages are being bombarded as far as 40 km from Gaza

vinsight4u8
Dec 30th 2008, 10:48 PM
They haven't...yet! Even tonight, as towns and villages are being bombarded as far as 40 km from Gaza

I thought it was a bit too early yet - as Iraq must be in trouble too.
Jan. 1st - the way I understand things in the news a bit back >
The U.S. turns over all Iraqi prisoners to Iraqi custody. Many will be let go. I see this as key to the third seal - where the hurt not the oil and wine part happens in Iraq.

"hurt not the oil and the wine"

This is a time when the stranger within Iraq's land will not get to be so bossy- Iraq gets her freedom back.
Prisoners are set free - the famine time ends and such.
Iraq prospers again.

vinsight4u8
Dec 31st 2008, 01:54 AM
an article on Iraq's prisoner exchange

http://bibleforums.org/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1923806

It seems that they only get put in charge of the prisons - but not yet actual custody.

very confusing

Ta-An
Dec 31st 2008, 06:55 AM
They haven't...yet! Even tonight, as towns and villages are being bombarded as far as 40 km from Gaza Hi hupo,,,,,, I acted on a sms I received from a woman who has contacts in Israel....

Will you keep us up to date as far as you can please??

hupo
Dec 31st 2008, 08:54 AM
Hi hupo,,,,,, I acted on a sms I received from a woman who has contacts in Israel....

Will you keep us up to date as far as you can please??
Yes I can do that. I thought the news was a better source of information but there is a lot of misguided reporting going on

10:40 am Wednesday local time in Israel. So far there have been around 30 rocket hits in civilian towns and villages. The weather is hindering the air force and we feel it as more rockets are sent over our way.

Beer Sheva, the capital of the South and the 5th largest city in Israel is being targeted too. over 40km away from Gaza which means they have Grad missiles that were smuggled in through one of the 600(!) tunnels between Gaza and Egypt.

It may be ironic in a way. amongst those killed by rockets were a Jewish woman, a beduin youngster and a Druz man. Hamas are going for anyone in Israel.

Why the army isn't moving in on the ground, is a question many are asking.
My un-educated guess is 1. the weather 2. they are waiting for the right oppertunity, after the IAF hit as much as they can of the Hamas
Other than that...your guess is as good as mine

vinsight4u8 mentioned the Iraqies coming in accordence with end times scripture/prophecy. All I can say about that is that I just happen to be studying Arabic and hope it's the dialect Iraqies understand :hmm:

vinsight4u8
Dec 31st 2008, 09:08 AM
Lots of Iraqi people probably speak English these days, esp. with the foreign troops having been and are still in their land.

I have a question for you...What do you know as to the plan Abbas has as to what he will do when his term as president expires on the 9th of January?

Also, has Israel ever bombed much in the past as to the government parts of the Gaza Strip?
since - 1988

Be careful over there.

hupo
Dec 31st 2008, 09:23 AM
Lots of Iraqi people probably speak English these days, esp. with the foreign troops having been and are still in their land.

I have a question for you...What do you know as to the plan Abbas has as to what he will do when his term as president expires on the 9th of January?

Also, has Israel ever bombed much in the past as to the government parts of the Gaza Strip?
since - 1988

Be careful over there.
Abbas has a problem (well, many). He does not want the Hamas to take over but the Hamas were "elected democratically" so he can't just hold on to his chair. He may very well use the situation to extend his position for a few more months in hope the Hamas will be weakened to a less practical level. I wouldn't be surprised if Israel are in on this and will try and help him this way.

As for the bombing. We have never bombed Gaza with such force and accuracy as we have this week.
Another point. From personal experience in the past, there are many Palestinians who are actually for clobbering the Hamas! Same goes for west bank and even Lebanon. Talking to people on a personal level is a real eye opener.

As for being carefull. God is care full, and I trust His care. I pray He cares for the Palestinian people too, they don't deserve the Hamas any more than we do!

vinsight4u8
Dec 31st 2008, 10:15 AM
Thanks,

Do you see why I wonder if the Palestinians are what is meant by the "robbers" that fall in Danel 11:14?

hupo
Dec 31st 2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks,

Do you see why I wonder if the Palestinians are what is meant by the "robbers" that fall in Danel 11:14?
Shalom vinsight,
No I actually don't see what you mean here, but that is not because of your explanation. Rather, I have to admit I am quite in the dark as far as end times and Daniel are concerned.
On the face of it, scripture here can mean so many thing. Who knows what the truth is?

wombat
Dec 31st 2008, 02:25 PM
10:40 am Wednesday local time in Israel. So far there have been around 30 rocket hits in civilian towns and villages. The weather is hindering the air force and we feel it as more rockets are sent over our way. Beer Sheva, the capital of the South and the 5th largest city in Israel is being targeted too. over 40km away from Gaza which means they have Grad missiles that were smuggled in through one of the 600(!) tunnels between Gaza and Egypt. Why the army isn't moving in on the ground, is a question many are asking.
Thanks for the news, Hupo! Please keep us up-to-date as you are able. We'll be praying for you!

Alyssa S
Dec 31st 2008, 02:57 PM
Yes! Thank you hupo!!

I pray our Lord cover you and your family in his grace and mercy and give you abundant peace!!! Praying for your protection!

~Alyssa

hupo
Dec 31st 2008, 03:25 PM
So far today, the 5th day of the Gaza war (17:00), there were 50 rockets landing all over in a radius of up to 50km.
Abu Mazen is asking for a immetiate cease-fire.
Hamas are rejecting it outright.
Our government have decided to continue the defensive strikes from the air and sea, with options for a ground move. This goes along with the US view that a cease-fire now, is useless and will only lead to another big clash in the near future.
We seemed to have learned something from the Lebanese war back in 2006

RevLogos
Dec 31st 2008, 04:55 PM
So far today, the 5th day of the Gaza war (17:00), there were 50 rockets landing all over in a radius of up to 50km.
Abu Mazen is asking for a immetiate cease-fire.
Hamas are rejecting it outright.
Our government have decided to continue the defensive strikes from the air and sea, with options for a ground move. This goes along with the US view that a cease-fire now, is useless and will only lead to another big clash in the near future.
We seemed to have learned something from the Lebanese war back in 2006

I had thought one of the lessons learned was that air power could not alone meet the goals of an offensive. So I had expected ground forces to move in by now. What lessons do you see that have been learned?

One thing I see is a much better public relations campaign, and no lofty goals presented, just the goal to bring quiet to the region.

Committing ground forces will be a tough decision. It could result in Hizballah attacking from the North while the armored divisions are committed to the South. I think there is time though because I believe Iran wants to wait until the administration change in Washington before opening up the Northern front. Some intelligence also says Iran is within a couple of months of getting their first nuclear weapon. Iran may then be hoping Hamas can hold out long enough to bring in the nuclear option. Hamas is after all, a disposable pawn. I think that is why Hamas is being told not to negotiate for peace.

RevLogos
Dec 31st 2008, 05:01 PM

Just an off topic side note. Seeing this: 'A spiritual hiking addict" and your location in upper Galilee. I am an avid hiker in Arizona. Sometimes when I am out alone among the canyons and streams I can feel the awesome presence of the Lord. I cannot imagine what it must be like to hike around anywhere near where the Lord walked this earth.

My prayers go out to you and all those in the region. The Lord will bring peace.

vinsight4u8
Dec 31st 2008, 05:13 PM
Shalom vinsight,
No I actually don't see what you mean here, but that is not because of your explanation. Rather, I have to admit I am quite in the dark as far as end times and Daniel are concerned.
On the face of it, scripture here can mean so many thing. Who knows what the truth is?

I agree that it does seem that verses can have more than one meaning. That is why I see it as we have to look at the whole Bible at once. If we think we understand something - then see if another verse contradicts that idea somewhere else.

We shall see how far off my beliefs are as to the end times; for we have entered the years where I believe prophecy in Daniel 11 was to unfold more.
about 2009

I started telling people about Jesus when I was teenager and they wanted to know what I thought as to the timing of the rapture. I have been reading and reading and comparing verses ever since I was fifteen years old. I didn't let false prophet books guide me to their ideas. I believed then and still do that God called me to study the Bible myself as one day I would help others learn what verses mean.

In Daniel 10 -we can start with an easy verse to let us know this part is for the end times.

"Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days..."

The being has shown up to guide Daniel as to endtime events he is writing about.

v14
"...what shall befall thy people in the latter days:for yet the vision [is] for [many] days."

v1
"In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a thing was revealed to Daniel...had understanding of the vision."

So we know start here and Daniel is seeing things for the end days.

V 2 reveals that he then mourned for three full weeks.

I believe because the vision was so full of sorrow to come on Israel in the endtimes - that Daniel too was sad. Daniel was even sad in a way - by a method of clue he gave us -so we can know how long Israel is to be sad.
three full weeks

Daniel has seen a vision of sorrow that will come on Israel and last for three full weeks in the end days.

Daniel didn't go - okay, this king came -and that this horrible thing happened and then - the kings war for a bit -.
Instead - all Daniel does is tell us how long he was sad.
21 days - three fulll weeks

But if we look in Daniel 11:14, we find that here is a verse where a vision must begin to unfold. So is this the endtime vision start of what Daniel saw in 10:1 that he had yet to inform us about?

I believe it is.
I have believed this since I was a teenager.

The Palestinians are the robbers that were to exalt themselves and then towards the end of the 21-yr time - they will fall.

Stay safe!
:pray:

yaza
Dec 31st 2008, 06:22 PM
i believe that we still have a long way to go and that this is just the begining of the trouble we have been told about, the premil people will say that there are no more prophesy to be fulfilled before the rapture, but here we are seeing it happen just like our lord said it would. i think the next thing we should be looking for is extreme persecution in places never before seen. then christians leaving the church in record numbers under the persecution of satan and his minions and then he will be revealed, only after these things happen will jesus come and get us. but we must endure until the end.

Barbie
Dec 31st 2008, 07:45 PM
Amen! So many times I myself have to remember it is not us in control but God Almighty,,, Thankfully

hupo
Dec 31st 2008, 08:14 PM
I had thought one of the lessons learned was that air power could not alone meet the goals of an offensive. So I had expected ground forces to move in by now. What lessons do you see that have been learned?What I meant by learning a lesson is that we are not going to depend on air force alone. The navy is taking part too but that is not what you (or me) meant.
We will be going in on the ground publically. By that I mean that I am sure there are all kinds of special units working behind enemy lines even as we speak. They need time and the hugh buildup of ground forces are a big public show. Otherwise we really haven't learned much. But it's not over till it's over.....I'll keep my judgment to myself for now

hupo
Dec 31st 2008, 08:23 PM
Just an off topic side note. Seeing this: 'A spiritual hiking addict" and your location in upper Galilee. I am an avid hiker in Arizona. Sometimes when I am out alone among the canyons and streams I can feel the awesome presence of the Lord. I cannot imagine what it must be like to hike around anywhere near where the Lord walked this earth
Well, Revolvr, there is one way to find out ;)
Just let me know when you get here :lol:

hupo
Dec 31st 2008, 08:39 PM
Shalom vinsight,
You definately seem to know your around God's word. I can only envy you on that. Looking at the bible all at once is quite a feat. But I do agree with you on this. It's a matter of context, both the micro and the macro.
2009 is not far off, in fact it's 90 minutes away....LOL
If you are right, we will live to see it happen.

The Palestinians are the robbers that were to exalt themselves and then towards the end of the 21-yr time - they will fall.It makes me feel sad, to think you may be right here. Whether we like it or not, we have to live with these people. I'm not talking about the Hamas. The majority of Palestinians are but mislead by the enemy and should be prayed for....

vinsight4u8
Dec 31st 2008, 10:51 PM
I beieve Iraq will be the one to come to their rescue for Daniel 11:15-19 - Habakkuk has foretold of how the Chaldeans will come at the appointed time - and at the end it shall speak.

Hab. 2

God refers to a vision in this chapter/ and the vision was not shown here but in chapter 1.
That vision consists of a part as to "work a work" and in Acts 13:41 Paul made a "work a work" prophecy as yet in the future.

13:40-41
Beware therefore lest that day come upon you which is spoken of in the prophets."
"Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days..."

=
Habakkuk 1:5-6
"Behold ye...for I will work a work in your days..."
"For, lo I raise up the Chaldeans, [that] bitter and hasty nation..."

Acts shows that Paul seems to believe that this work a work prophecy is yet to come on the earth. He also doesn't seem to give the idea that the church will escape that time.

"lest that come upon you"

Another part draws us a link between the Old and the New Testaments too.

Deuteronomy 32 speaks of how a nation - a foolish nation wil come against Israel in the latter end.
=
Romans 10:19
"But I say, Did not...Moses saith, I will...by a foolish nation I will anger you."

Deuteronomy 32:21
"...I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation."
v26
"I said, I would scatter them into corners..."
v29
"O that they were wise, [that] they would consider their latter end!"

I don't see how the man of sin can come from anywhere other than Iraq. He must come back and finish the time that remains for Jeremiah 25:11-12 to get fulfilled. This means that in Daniel 11 - the other roles done by kings of the north - that stand up in each others estates - must also be Iraqi rulers.

Jeremiah 25:11
"And this whole land shall be a desolation...these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years."
605 to 539 B.C is all of this time used up so far.

Nebuchadnezzar (the Babylonian) to Cyrus the Persian

v12
"And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, [that] I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the LORD, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations."

The 70 years have never been accomplished -since the world is still waiting for the Babylonians to complete the rest of their time to rule the nations.

A time of 70 years of captivity came and went back in the days of Cyrus - in 535 B.C. -but the last Babylonian king had fallen too early - for he fell from power back in 539 B.C.

The Babylonian kingdom from the time of Nebuchadnezzar II to the last king of Babylon -Belshazzar - was only about 66.5 years.

The man of sin - a future Babylonian - will get the 70-yr clock ticking again when the years begin in the future where Babylon rules the world.

hupo
Jan 1st 2009, 10:22 AM
Shalom forum :)

I have a mailing list I keep updating about the Gaza war so I might as well post it here rather than rewriting the news

The beginning of a new year.

Beer-Sheva is still targeted, I assume that is due to it easy to hit, being such a large target
As of now (12:10pm) there have been few rocket attacks but we know Hamas use the cover of darkness so this number could give a false impression of Hamas weakening.
There are now some 900,000 people in the range of Hamas attacks

What are our leaders waiting for? What have they planned to end this war? What are the goals of the war?
Speculations are the national sport now with every 2 bit general giving us his "expert opinion"
This is the part I have no patience for

Back here in the North, we are watching for any signs of Hisbollah "hiccups" but it seems unlikely.
Nasrallah has learned something from the last war, even if he keeps declaring a victory.
After 2.5 years he is still in hiding! that should tell us something

Like I said, the beginning of a new year.........

Have a good weekend and a happy new year

wombat
Jan 1st 2009, 06:35 PM
Hi, everyone! Here are a couple of articles I found interesting this morning. The first one is regarding Nicolas Sarkozy's plan to go to Israel on Monday to try to bring peace to the Middle East. The second is regarding Israel's desire for international monitors to keep things square and fair if there is indeed a truce to occur.

http://timescorrespondents.typepad.com/charles_bremner/2009/01/sarkozy-aims-to.html (http://timescorrespondents.typepad.com/charles_bremner/2009/01/sarkozy-aims-to.html)

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,474824,00.html (http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,474824,00.html)

hupo
Jan 3rd 2009, 07:05 PM
Israel has started moving in to Gaza on the ground - 19:30 Israel time

Many reserve units have been called up just a few minutes ago (including my son-in-law)

Highest alert on the Northern border - especially regarding Hisbollah

All this is from official TV news - no military secrets

Ta-An
Jan 3rd 2009, 07:22 PM
Thanks my friend!!
Psalm 121
1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.

3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.

6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

wombat
Jan 3rd 2009, 07:36 PM
Israel has started moving in to Gaza on the ground - 19:30 Israel time Many reserve units have been called up just a few minutes ago (including my son-in-law) Highest alert on the Northern border - especially regarding Hisbollah All this is from official TV news - no military secrets
I'm praying for you and your family--may God give special protection to your son-in-law!:pray: Thank you for keeping us up-to-date!

Ta-An
Jan 3rd 2009, 07:41 PM
May the L_rd keep you and your family safe.
May He turn His face towards Yerusalem

Alyssa S
Jan 3rd 2009, 08:54 PM
I am watching on Fox News...

I pray the Lord would place his hedge of protection over your son in law....as well as over all of Israel. I pray that God covers you in his peace.

God bless,
Alyssa

RevLogos
Jan 3rd 2009, 09:04 PM
Israel has started moving in to Gaza on the ground - 19:30 Israel time

Many reserve units have been called up just a few minutes ago (including my son-in-law)

Highest alert on the Northern border - especially regarding Hisbollah

All this is from official TV news - no military secrets

My prognostication is, for what its worth, that Hizballah will remain quiet for a while. At least until the administration change in the US. Possibly longer if Iran is really as close to the Bomb as some say (Feb-Mar timeframe). I think Hamas is an Iranian pawn, expendable, used to tie up IDF resources as long as possible until Iran is ready. Thus, no matter how beaten they are, they will not sue for peace. (Of course, ideologically, even if they did sue for peace, it would be a false peace. I'm sure we've all read their charter).

And instead of Hizballah attacking Israel right away, we may see Syria invade Lebanon first.

This is only the beginning. I pray they can do their business and get out before this explodes to the North.

hupo
Jan 3rd 2009, 09:25 PM
Thank you all for your prayers :hug:

There is a strange quietness that has flowed down...at least that's my feeling.
Maybe it's that bubble of suspense that has finely burst when the IDF started moving....

I don't think anything will happen here in the North but I checked things out just in case, like making sure the underground shelter is open and usable. We've had too many experiences over the years to ignore such precautions

Now our youngsters are out there fighting to keep us safe. My heart goes out to them. I know the feeling of naive excitement on one hand and terrible apprehension on the other. It's confusing for anyone.

It is so sad to hear the Palestinian civilians who are not Hammas. They have been caught up with bad leadership since the beginning of time, it seems. I think they will be better off when all this is over

quiet dove
Jan 3rd 2009, 09:50 PM
My prognostication is, for what its worth, that Hizballah will remain quiet for a while. At least until the administration change in the US. Possibly longer if Iran is really as close to the Bomb as some say (Feb-Mar timeframe). I think Hamas is an Iranian pawn, expendable, used to tie up IDF resources as long as possible until Iran is ready. Thus, no matter how beaten they are, they will not sue for peace. (Of course, ideologically, even if they did sue for peace, it would be a false peace. I'm sure we've all read their charter).

And instead of Hizballah attacking Israel right away, we may see Syria invade Lebanon first.

This is only the beginning. I pray they can do their business and get out before this explodes to the North.

This is a thought that hit me when watching the news, staring at the screen. And I am far from politically knowledgable and who is doing what to who in the Arab world.

But do you think this could be part of a ploy to occupy Israel, attempting to wear her down in war while strikes are planned from other directions? Does that question even make sense?

hupo
Jan 3rd 2009, 10:06 PM
This is a thought that hit me when watching the news, staring at the screen. And I am far from politically knowledgable and who is doing what to who in the Arab world.

But do you think this could be part of a ploy to occupy Israel, attempting to wear her down in war while strikes are planned from other directions? Does that question even make sense?Your question definately makes sense. But....Our foes make it pretty clear what their plans for Israel are. Achmadenigad says it outright. Remember we have been living for 60 years now, under the threat of being pushed into the sea, or worse.
I don't think they have such wide based plans. We benefit from their lack of unity as a "brotherhood" they keep telling us they are.
The closest they got to a united plan was in October 1973, the "Yom Kippur War" - and then they lost their chance.

RevLogos
Jan 4th 2009, 03:33 AM

But do you think this could be part of a ploy to occupy Israel, attempting to wear her down in war while strikes are planned from other directions? Does that question even make sense?
I am not an expert but I have been watching closely developments throughout 2008. These are my thoughts as of today.

People like to say Ajad is a nutcase. He isn’t. He’s smart, educated, astute, and he has always been consistent in his philosophy and beliefs. He has successfully manipulated the West for years on his nuclear program; he knows how its done (probably a student of Mein Kampf). Iran, Hizballah and Hamas have all declared their goal of the destruction of Israel and the genocide of the Jews. After studying Islam for almost a year, I came to the conclusion they can be trusted in this. They mean to do exactly what they say they want to do. It is not just inflammatory rhetoric.

Hizballah, Hamas and Syria are all under the thumb of Iran. If Hamas sends rockets to Israel, its because Iran wants them to. Those rockets come from Iran (though the larger ones are manufactured in China). The cease-fire was used to arm-up for this conflict, and smuggle in these longer range rockets. Why did they break the cease-fire and launch a few hundred rockets the week of Christmas? To eventually provoke Israel to commit substantial resources to the south. With a side benefit of raising oil prices.

Ultimately I believe Iran wants to tie up Israel in a multi-front war. I see three things that affect the timing. First it depends on when Iran gets the Bomb. Second is having Obama in office. Obama is perceived by Iran as being very inexperienced, probably a pacifist, and possibly somewhat sympathetic to Islam. Anything but Bush. Third is getting oil prices back up. These low prices are killing Iran’s economy. This problem is putting a rush on things that could otherwise wait for the bomb.

Low oil prices have probably changed the strategy a bit. They cannot wait for the Bomb. So the first objective is to bring instability over a longer duration to raise the price. And its working. Oil prices increased 23% this week, the most in one week since 1986. Russian bickering with Ukraine is helping too.

So, all that said, I think Hizballah will start lobbing rockets after Obama takes office. Obama gets bogged down in useless peace negotiations and puts pressure on Israel to cease operations. Syria invades Lebanon (they’ve been amassing troops on the border since summer) and takes control; nothing the US or anyone can do about it. Iran joins when they have the Bomb. Then Syria starts lobbing missiles. In fact, Syria and Iran combined their missile control functions into one group in Tehran back in May so effectively, Iran controls Syrian missiles.

Thus begins the dreaded multi-front war that saps the life out of Israel. In an existential battle, Israel may use the nuke option first. The only way to possibly prevent this is for the US to join forces and attack Syria and Iran. The US does have the necessary assets in place in the Gulf. But will it have the will? No one knows how Obama will deal with this and to date he has been totally silent on this escalation.

hupo
Jan 4th 2009, 12:39 PM
I am not an expert but I have been watching closely developments throughout 2008. These are my thoughts as of today. ........
Well Revolvr, I don't know if you are correct on this or not but please allow me to officially dis-agree. If I agree with you I might not manage to stay sane for long, so my apology to you. Hope you understand ;)

What I see in all this is we are here in Israel after a miracle where we have a state of our own, right after a third of our people were murdered by the Nazis in Europe. I find this hard to attribute to human beings, as great as they may be, nor to our army, as great as it might be. I believe God is behind it and I haven't seen anywhere in scripture that God doesn't keep His word..... you know...all those promises made to Abraham and others along the way.

Whether I'm right or wrong is irrelevant to the Truth and what will be. It is only relevant to my peace of mind and therefore I would rather believe this view than a rather morbid one you paint.
And again I hope you understand. No insult intended

Thank you for your post, regardless of the way I look at it

moonglow
Jan 4th 2009, 02:42 PM
I posted this on anything goes but thought you all might not see it so posting it here too:

Son of Hamas Leader Turns Back on Islam and Embraces Christianity (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,402483,00.html)
Mosab Hassan Yousef is an extraordinary young man with an extraordinary story. He was born the son of one of the most influential leaders of the militant Hamas organization in the West Bank and grew up in a strict Islamic family.

Now, at 30 years old, he attends an evangelical Christian church, Barabbas Road in San Diego, Calif. He renounced his Muslim faith, left his family behind in Ramallah and is seeking asylum in the United States.

The story of how his life unfolded is truly amazing, whether you agree or disagree with his views. Below is a transcript on an exclusive FOX News interview with Hassan as he tells firsthand how a West Bank Muslim became a West Coast Christian.(read the rest at the link)

Probably want to read this too:

Son of Hamas Leader Gives Glimpse Into Terror Organization (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,475226,00.html)

As Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and other world leaders try to broker a cease-fire agreement between Israel and Hamas, one former member of the militant Islamic organization said there will never be lasting peace between the two groups.

"There is no chance. Is there any chance for fire to co-exist with the water?" said Mosab Hassan Yousef, the son of one of the group's founding members.

Yousef added: "It's not about Israel, it's not about Hamas: it's about both ideologies."(read the rest at link)

God Bless

RevLogos
Jan 4th 2009, 03:40 PM
Well Revolvr, I don't know if you are correct on this or not but please allow me to officially dis-agree. If I agree with you I might not manage to stay sane for long, so my apology to you. Hope you understand ;)

What I see in all this is we are here in Israel after a miracle where we have a state of our own, right after a third of our people were murdered by the Nazis in Europe. I find this hard to attribute to human beings, as great as they may be, nor to our army, as great as it might be. I believe God is behind it and I haven't seen anywhere in scripture that God doesn't keep His word..... you know...all those promises made to Abraham and others along the way.

Whether I'm right or wrong is irrelevant to the Truth and what will be. It is only relevant to my peace of mind and therefore I would rather believe this view than a rather morbid one you paint.
And again I hope you understand. No insult intended

Thank you for your post, regardless of the way I look at it

I don't think we disagree. In watching this unfold over the years I do see the hand of God in it all. Things seem to be coming together to a head in so many ways across the globe. It is the Lord's overall plot that will come to pass, not Iran's. But prophesy does suggest all the world goes against Israel first. That prophesy is being fulfilled now: we can see it in the news coverage. The big question-mark is the USA. Today's support could vanish with one swearing of "I will" on the Bible. How ironic would that be?

That post was a very secular point of view. But I am absolutely confident the Lord will prevail, that the Lord's will is being done, and will be done. Through thick and thin we are to remain steadfast and diligent, carrying out the Great Commission to the very end. And trust that evil will be vanquished, and the good guys win in the end.:pp

I'm praying for you guys, and I hope to take you up on that hiking trip.

quiet dove
Jan 4th 2009, 08:53 PM
I don't think we disagree. In watching this unfold over the years I do see the hand of God in it all. Things seem to be coming together to a head in so many ways across the globe. It is the Lord's overall plot that will come to pass, not Iran's. But prophesy does suggest all the world goes against Israel first. That prophesy is being fulfilled now: we can see it in the news coverage. The big question-mark is the USA. Today's support could vanish with one swearing of "I will" on the Bible. How ironic would that be?

That post was a very secular point of view. But I am absolutely confident the Lord will prevail, that the Lord's will is being done, and will be done. Through thick and thin we are to remain steadfast and diligent, carrying out the Great Commission to the very end. And trust that evil will be vanquished, and the good guys win in the end.:pp

When I was reading through I agreed with both of you so I don't think you are disagreeing with each other either. I agree with hupo, I don't believe anything but God's hand led to the re-establishment of Israel as nation.

And since we are seeing a strong potential here (for lack of knowing how to put it) for Israel to get attacked from all sides, if the prophecies of the dry bones refer to the re-establishment of the nation of Israel, are we now seeing the set up for Ezekiels Gog/Magog war?

I am not being dogmatic, I have read trust worthy sane teachers who feel differently about the timing of that prophecy. The one thing Ezekiel seems to make clear regarding this attack is that God will intervene. So I guess it may require the "hurry up and wait" approach to get a definite answer to my wondering. I guess (with my limited, very limited ability) if Israel were stretched to the point of not having the ability or resources to defend herself, and if God starts knocking planes out of the sky, then we would know.

Just mostly thinking out loud, not being dogmatic, just my ponderings.

moonglow
Jan 4th 2009, 09:06 PM
When I was reading through I agreed with both of you so I don't think you are disagreeing with each other either. I agree with hupo, I don't believe anything but God's hand led to the re-establishment of Israel as nation.

And since we are seeing a strong potential here (for lack of knowing how to put it) for Israel to get attacked from all sides, if the prophecies of the dry bones refer to the re-establishment of the nation of Israel, are we now seeing the set up for Ezekiels Gog/Magog war?

I am not being dogmatic, I have read trust worthy sane teachers who feel differently about the timing of that prophecy. The one thing Ezekiel seems to make clear regarding this attack is that God will intervene. So I guess it may require the "hurry up and wait" approach to get a definite answer to my wondering. I guess (with my limited, very limited ability) if Israel were stretched to the point of not having the ability or resources to defend herself, and if God starts knocking planes out of the sky, then we would know.

Just mostly thinking out loud, not being dogmatic, just my ponderings.

Good post.

I don't get too excited though as this has happened SO many times and eventually the fighting stops and they come to some kind of a cease fire agreement. Every time there is fighting we get posts where people think the prophecies will be fulfilled and they aren't. So all we can do is wait and see. like you said.

God bless

quiet dove
Jan 4th 2009, 09:27 PM
People like to say Ajad is a nutcase. He isn’t. He’s smart, educated, astute, and he has always been consistent in his philosophy and beliefs. He has successfully manipulated the West for years on his nuclear program

I do agree they are anything but stupid, and nutcase may not be the right term, but I do believe they are seriously deluded in terms of reality, when I see some of them talk, not necessarily Ajad, but whoever, they just seem to live in their own reality when it comes to some of the facts. And the delusions and brilliant manipulation, to me, could only have one source.

quiet dove
Jan 4th 2009, 09:27 PM
Good post.

I don't get too excited though as this has happened SO many times and eventually the fighting stops and they come to some kind of a cease fire agreement. Every time there is fighting we get posts where people think the prophecies will be fulfilled and they aren't. So all we can do is wait and see. like you said.

God bless

It would be nice to know for sure though wouldn't it, then watch God's prophecies come to pass.

moonglow
Jan 5th 2009, 12:54 AM
It would be nice to know for sure though wouldn't it, then watch God's prophecies come to pass.

Yea it would..which is why many are also looking for other things going on besides just the fighting going on over there. Sometimes my brain just can't keep up though (ok well most of the time...:lol:) So I have to just rest on the Lord on this..I figure when the time comes no one will have to hit us with a brick to realize it.

God bless

hupo
Jan 5th 2009, 01:48 PM
I don't think we disagree................
No, we don't really disagree. I just don't want to see it that way and I can allow myself to do that as it won't make a dent in God's plans anyway, whether it's the way you described it or not

Thank you for you prayers. Apart from the immediate worry for all those in danger, it's very sad to listen to so much hatred

hupo
Jan 5th 2009, 01:57 PM
.......And since we are seeing a strong potential here (for lack of knowing how to put it) for Israel to get attacked from all sides, if the prophecies of the dry bones refer to the re-establishment of the nation of Israel, are we now seeing the set up for Ezekiels Gog/Magog war?
Well, QD, I am in a kind of denial mode. I don't want to see it as the end times prophecy. When the current events are over I'll probably settle back to logical mode which looks at facts for what they are. Right now, it's a bit much! ;)

Bladers
Jan 5th 2009, 08:53 PM
i heard that IRAN has threatened Israel, that they will send their 70,000 suicide bombers O_o:eek:

My brothers and sisters, look up for your salvation draws nigh. Chapters are closing. We are reaching the coming of the next age.::bible:

quiet dove
Jan 5th 2009, 09:23 PM
Well, QD, I am in a kind of denial mode. I don't want to see it as the end times prophecy. When the current events are over I'll probably settle back to logical mode which looks at facts for what they are. Right now, it's a bit much! ;)

I'm sure it is and I sure am sorry if I came across in such a way that caused you more distress. My sincerest and humblest apology for being insensitive to your situation there. I sure never meant to do that in any way. Praying for you and Israel always. :hug:

hupo
Jan 5th 2009, 10:36 PM
I'm sure it is and I sure am sorry if I came across in such a way that caused you more distress. My sincerest and humblest apology for being insensitive to your situation there. I sure never meant to do that in any way. Praying for you and Israel always. :hug:
No QD! I didn't mean it that way. Please don't change anything. You should say what's on your mind and if it does cause any bad feelings I will let you know. Right now, you really don't have to worry about that
and thank you for your prayers, that is comforting :hug:

hupo
Jan 5th 2009, 10:44 PM
i heard that IRAN has threatened Israel, that they will send their 70,000 suicide bombers O_o:eek:
Achmedinijad says he will destroy Israel, 70,000 suicide bombers or one big nuclear bomb maybe

God says:- I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and be thou a blessing; and I will bless them that bless thee, and him that curseth thee will I curse: and in thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

You might think me a bit cuckoo but between God and Achmedinijad, I'll go for God's promise ;):lol:

quiet dove
Jan 5th 2009, 11:58 PM
Achmedinijad says he will destroy Israel, 70,000 suicide bombers or one big nuclear bomb maybe

God says:- I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and be thou a blessing; and I will bless them that bless thee, and him that curseth thee will I curse: and in thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

You might think me a bit cuckoo but between God and Achmedinijad, I'll go for God's promise ;):lol:

Yea, me too!. Achmedinijad gonna think nuclear when God starts in on him.

sherryt
Jan 7th 2009, 02:54 PM
Would like to hear from hupo...making sure he is okay.

hupo
Jan 7th 2009, 03:56 PM
Would like to hear from hupo...making sure he is okay.
Yes Sherryt, personaly I'm fine
Not so many on both sides of this war zone
The enemy is hiding behind civilians, children, hospitals and mosques
The enemy is shooting rockets at cities, villages, towns
God tells us to love our enemies

I'm not arguing God's word but does anyone know how we're supposed to do this?

With this ... I'm not ok at all........:cry:

moonglow
Jan 7th 2009, 04:15 PM
Yes Sherryt, personaly I'm fine
Not so many on both sides of this war zone
The enemy is hiding behind civilians, children, hospitals and mosques
The enemy is shooting rockets at cities, villages, towns
God tells us to love our enemies

I'm not arguing God's word but does anyone know how we're supposed to do this?

With this ... I'm not ok at all........:cry:

There is such a thing as righteous anger..something both God and Christ showed when people did wicked things. Did this mean they hated them though? I don't think so though I do think God hated what people did at times very much so. Yet He still loved us enough to send His Son..

I realize when you are looking at a large group of people doing this its hard to see them as individuals...people that were each born as a helpless baby...each a little toddler once, each with their own fears and worries...then along the way they were taught things that caused them to change and to become hateful and full of murder. They are lost and in the grip of satan, in believing in a deadly destructive religion. Their souls are headed to hell though they don't realize it. They are pitiful in this way. While seeing that way can help somewhat, its still hard to feel any love when they are terrorizing you I realize that...

That is when you put it in God's hands.

Be safe, God bless.

hupo
Jan 7th 2009, 04:34 PM
There is such a thing as righteous anger..something both God and Christ showed when people did wicked things. Did this mean they hated them though? I don't think so though I do think God hated what people did at times very much so. Yet He still loved us enough to send His Son..

I realize when you are looking at a large group of people doing this its hard to see them as individuals...people that were each born as a helpless baby...each a little toddler once, each with their own fears and worries...then along the way they were taught things that caused them to change and to become hateful and full of murder. They are lost and in the grip of satan, in believing in a deadly destructive religion. Their souls are headed to hell though they don't realize it. They are pitiful in this way. While seeing that way can help somewhat, its still hard to feel any love when they are terrorizing you I realize that...

That is when you put it in God's hands.

Be safe, God bless.
One of the things I get from participating in forums such as this one, is that I get a focal point, namely God, to anchor on to.
There is so much going on and so many thoughts and feeling running rampant. One can easily lose focus.
Here, no matter what is going on in Gaza, I sense God's presence. A reminder, if you wish, of the controling power behind everything.
It is all too easy to forget there is anything in the world but violence.
Remembering God makes sure you know violence and hatred is not everything

Thanks for your post, Moonglow

moonglow
Jan 7th 2009, 04:40 PM
One of the things I get from participating in forums such as this one, is that I get a focal point, namely God, to anchor on to.
There is so much going on and so many thoughts and feeling running rampant. One can easily lose focus.
Here, no matter what is going on in Gaza, I sense God's presence. A reminder, if you wish, of the controling power behind everything.
It is all too easy to forget there is anything in the world but violence.
Remembering God makes sure you know violence and hatred is not everything

Thanks for your post, Moonglow

you are very welcome. I just wish I could do more...I think we all feel rather helpless in watching this happen half a world away. What is really happening is spiritual war...but of course it comes out in human actions. Paul though reminds us what its really about...

Ephesians 6
10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. 12 For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

At the time he wrote this he was literally sitting in chains in prison. He had endured terrible violence...being stoned, whipped, beaten, jailed many times...yet he never focused what was happening on the people that did it to him...he saw past that and saw the spiritual war being played out, and like you said, realized God was indeed there.

God bless

hupo
Jan 8th 2009, 06:12 AM
Thursday 8th Jan 8:10 am:-

20 minutes ago 5 rockets landed in the North of Israel!

Naharia, Shlomi, and kibbutz Kabri (for those who know the area)

Several people slightly wounded

Source of shooting from Lebanon but unknown who is behind it and what type of rockets were shot

wombat
Jan 8th 2009, 02:44 PM
Thursday 8th Jan 8:10 am:- 20 minutes ago 5 rockets landed in the North of Israel! Naharia, Shlomi, and kibbutz Kabri (for those who know the area) Several people slightly wounded
Source of shooting from Lebanon but unknown who is behind it and what type of rockets were shot
Thank you so much for the update, Hupo! Here is an article I found that provides some details about the attacks from Lebanon.

http://www.worthynews.com/3479-rockets-hit-israel-from-lebanon (http://www.worthynews.com/3479-rockets-hit-israel-from-lebanon)

hupo
Jan 8th 2009, 03:00 PM
Thank you so much for the update, Hupo! Here is an article I found that provides some details about the attacks from Lebanon.

http://www.worthynews.com/3479-rockets-hit-israel-from-lebanon (http://www.worthynews.com/3479-rockets-hit-israel-from-lebanon)
Thanks for that Wombat
I want to say that regardless of what there is on various news channels, there is something in the air we've experienced back in 2006 and again now, that is, that Lebanon and the Hisbollah don't want to open a second front, or rather, they can't afford it. They know our reactions. The so called militant group who fired the rockets are extremists (more extreme than Hisbollah?!), probably affiliated to Iran or El-Qaida.
We are taking precautions just in case, which feels good even if not needed

moonglow
Jan 8th 2009, 04:57 PM
Thanks for that Wombat
I want to say that regardless of what there is on various news channels, there is something in the air we've experienced back in 2006 and again now, that is, that Lebanon and the Hisbollah don't want to open a second front, or rather, they can't afford it. They know our reactions. The so called militant group who fired the rockets are extremists (more extreme than Hisbollah?!), probably affiliated to Iran or El-Qaida.

I am keeping you all in my prayers....so so sorry this is going on! :(

God bless

quiet dove
Jan 8th 2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks for that Wombat

I don't understand the logic here. If they can't afford to attack but let someone else, or have someone else attack from their borders, doesn't that make them guilty by association and give Israel the right to retaliate in which case their not being able to afford it is a mute point?

hupo
Jan 8th 2009, 07:14 PM
I don't understand the logic here. If they can't afford to attack but let someone else, or have someone else attack from their borders, doesn't that make them guilty by association and give Israel the right to retaliate in which case their not being able to afford it is a mute point?
Are you serious? This is the middle east. Logic is very different realm than what the west understands it to be. I'm learning Arabic now and amongst other things we also learn about Muslim culture. I am continuously amazed at the difference in mentality. Just take the "Shahid" phylosophy.... so many people including women, who are prepared to give up their life for something their prophet said in the Quran. I don't understand it but I know the facts when I see them. They hate us to an extent that is hard to comprehend.
As for the Hisbollah. They probably assume we won't retaliate now if some small group lobs a few rockets. On the other hand they don't want to be responsible for an all out distruction of their country again.
Don't forget, Nasrallah is still in hiding after 2.5 years! that means something.
As for our right to retaliate, well, you see what happens with these "rights" in the UN. Now, even the US are trying to stop us dealing with Hammas...
Hammas are using their civilians as ammunition and the world is buying it!

In spite of all said above, I feel my biggest battle is the battle against hatred. If I lose that, I lose my soul. This must be what God meant when He said "love your enemy". This is the only thing that drives me to somehow... pray for my enemies

quiet dove
Jan 8th 2009, 08:45 PM
Are you serious? This is the middle east. Logic is very different realm than what the west understands it to be. I'm learning Arabic now and amongst other things we also learn about Muslim culture. I am continuously amazed at the difference in mentality. Just take the "Shahid" phylosophy.... so many people including women, who are prepared to give up their life for something their prophet said in the Quran. I don't understand it but I know the facts when I see them. They hate us to an extent that is hard to comprehend.
As for the Hisbollah. They probably assume we won't retaliate now if some small group lobs a few rockets. On the other hand they don't want to be responsible for an all out distruction of their country again.
Don't forget, Nasrallah is still in hiding after 2.5 years! that means something.
As for our right to retaliate, well, you see what happens with these "rights" in the UN. Now, even the US are trying to stop us dealing with Hammas...
Hammas are using their civilians as ammunition and the world is buying it!

In spite of all said above, I feel my biggest battle is the battle against hatred. If I lose that, I lose my soul. This must be what God meant when He said "love your enemy". This is the only thing that drives me to somehow... pray for my enemies

Well, your right, it was my mis-logic to think that there was little if any logic to any of their plans:B

We do know where the source of the hate and deception comes from, maybe that will help curb hating back when considering they are in bondage and faithful to the one who wants to see them burning in Hell. Not a judgmental statement because I can't imagine being in your shoes.

hupo
Jan 8th 2009, 08:55 PM
Well, your right, it was my mis-logic to think that there was little if any logic to any of their plans:B

We do know where the source of the hate and deception comes from, maybe that will help curb hating back when considering they are in bondage and faithful to the one who wants to see them burning in Hell. Not a judgmental statement because I can't imagine being in your shoes.
QD, don't bother with my shoes :rofl::lol:
God's "shoes" are so much bigger and better
Thanks for your posts :hug:

quiet dove
Jan 8th 2009, 08:58 PM
QD, don't bother with my shoes :rofl::lol:
God's "shoes" are so much bigger and better
Thanks for your posts :hug:

Just remember if you wife wears 4 or 5 inch spike heels like we do over here, they can be used as weapons.:lol::hug:

hupo
Jan 8th 2009, 09:12 PM
Just remember if you wife wears 4 or 5 inch spike heels like we do over here, they can be used as weapons.:lol::hug:
No she doesn't but believe me, I would rather fight the Hammas than my wife :rofl:

quiet dove
Jan 8th 2009, 09:16 PM
No she doesn't but believe me, I would rather fight the Hammas than my wife :rofl:

Seems like there was a joke circulating at one time, back several years ago about women going to war, with the hormones and all. I'll have to see it I can dig that out of my memory bank.

jesuslover1968
Jan 8th 2009, 09:19 PM

praying with you, and for you Hupo.. :pray::):hug:

(About the wife thing...very smart man....:lol:)

hupo
Jan 8th 2009, 09:26 PM
praying with you, and for you Hupo.. :pray::):hug:

(About the wife thing...very smart man....:lol:)
Hey JL, haven't seen you around in a while
Thanks and God bless :hug:

mizzdy
Jan 8th 2009, 09:45 PM
Thanks for that Wombat

Hi,
I had heard that Israeli gov. made it very clear to Lebanon that if any rockets or another front was opened up in the north despite who sends them that Israel will blame the gov. and act accordingly. I did hear also that Israel doesn't plan on retaliating against Lebanon right now. Could one of those palestinians factions have sent that rocket over in order to provoke Israel to act and thus starting a war with hizbollah, its something that makes some sense. If something like that were to happen Syria may be in Israel's sights also.

hupo
Jan 9th 2009, 06:57 AM
Hi,
I had heard that Israeli gov. made it very clear to Lebanon that if any rockets or another front was opened up in the north despite who sends them that Israel will blame the gov. and act accordingly. I did hear also that Israel doesn't plan on retaliating against Lebanon right now. Could one of those palestinians factions have sent that rocket over in order to provoke Israel to act and thus starting a war with hizbollah, its something that makes some sense. If something like that were to happen Syria may be in Israel's sights also.
Yes, that makes more sense than anything else I've heard
I don't think it would be wise to react to every whim of every splinter group
We should decide on the "how" and "when" of a retaliation, if any
and while we're doing that, it would be even wiser to listen to what God has to say......;)

sherryt
Jan 12th 2009, 06:41 AM
Am still praying for you hupo...just thought I'd let you...we are paying attention.

hupo
Jan 12th 2009, 08:32 PM
Am still praying for you hupo...just thought I'd let you...we are paying attention.
Thank you, and please don't forget the Palestinian people.....

Ta-An
Jan 12th 2009, 08:41 PM
Thank you, and please don't forget the Palestinian people.....Bless you hupo :pray: .

Ta-An
Jan 13th 2009, 07:16 PM
Psalms for Times of Distress

http://www.chabad.org/images/global/spacer.gif Chapter 20
1. For the Conductor, a psalm by David. 2. May the Lord answer you on the day of distress; may the Name of the God of Jacob fortify you. 3. May He send your help from the Sanctuary, and support you from Zion. 4. May He remember all your offerings, and always accept favorably your sacrifices. 5. May He grant you your heart's desire, and fulfill your every counsel. 6. We will rejoice in your deliverance, and raise our banners in the name of our God; may the Lord fulfill all your wishes. 7. Now I know that the Lord has delivered His anointed one, answering him from His holy heavens with the mighty saving power of His right hand. 8. Some [rely] upon chariots and some upon horses, but we [rely upon and] invoke the Name of the Lord our God. 9. They bend and fall, but we rise and stand firm. 10. Lord, deliver us; may the King answer us on the day we call.

hupo
Jan 13th 2009, 08:24 PM
Psalms for Times of Distress (Chapter 20)

Good one for our time :thumbsup:

One verse struck me....
Psalm 20:8 Some [rely] upon chariots and some upon horses, but we [rely upon and] invoke the Name of the Lord our God

It reminded me of an earlier time in King David's life...
1Samuel 17:45 Then David said to the Philistine, You come to me with a sword and a spear and a javelin: but I come to you in the name of the Lord of armies, the God of the armies of Israel on which you have put shame.

He's pretty consistent, isn't he? :lol:

Ta-An
Jan 13th 2009, 08:57 PM
Good one for our time :thumbsup:

One verse struck me....
Psalm 20:8 Some [rely] upon chariots and some upon horses, but we [rely upon and] invoke the Name of the Lord our God

It reminded me of an earlier time in King David's life...
1Samuel 17:45 Then David said to the Philistine, You come to me with a sword and a spear and a javelin: but I come to you in the name of the Lord of armies, the God of the armies of Israel on which you have put shame.

He's pretty consistent, isn't he? :lol:Sure HE IS :pp .

hupo
Jan 13th 2009, 09:27 PM
Sure HE IS :pp .
:lol: ACCM,
I was refering to King David but of course you are absolutly right!

hupo
Jan 16th 2009, 03:54 PM
I was reminded by forum members to post something about the war raging in our region
It's all over the news of course so I won't give you the news, just my personal place in it all

I live in upper Galilee and as you have probably heard there were some katyusha rockets fired here as well. 8:30 in the morning is the time our kids are at school and naturally they were all rushed to the shelters. We had to calm them down over the phone.
We are all waiting to see the end of this war as it is getting heavier and heavier each day. The feelings are very mixed as we are finally showing the Hammas what it means to attack us for so long. The price is what the Palestinians in Gaza are paying. and while we can blame the Hammas as much as we want, the people out there are suffering terribly.
So it's mixed feelings all around

My personal feeling is that it isn't a regional war but a global one even if many countries don't see it yet. We are just one of the front lines

I know God is in control. I just wish I knew what His plan was

Ta-An
Jan 16th 2009, 04:01 PM
May the truth be printed in out news papers :pray:

May the time come for the whole of Isreal to say : "Baruch Haba B'Shem Addonai"

Marjiealm
Jan 17th 2009, 12:21 AM
Hupo, I'm praying for all of you in Israel & also the innocent Philistines (This is who they are). It is sad that Hamas are cowards and have to hide in Schools, homes etc... of the innocent. I pray for G-d to bring an end to this conflict, but I'm afraid that things may get worse instead of better for you my Brother ... and all my brother & sisters in Israel. Stay safe & know that our thoughts and prayers are with you all!

RevLogos
Jan 17th 2009, 12:46 AM
My personal feeling is that it isn't a regional war but a global one even if many countries don't see it yet. We are just one of the front lines

I know God is in control. I just wish I knew what His plan was

This is very true. This is a global war being fought in different ways on many fronts. And it will expand. I am saddened in ways I cannot describe when I see ordinary people - non-Muslims, protesting in support of Hamas in Europe, Canada and the US. Don't these people know Hamas exists only to destroy Israel?

The Lord is separating the wheat from the tares.

PS: You must live not far from Capernaum. Ever been there? I hear there are some ruins there but it hasn't really been excavated yet.

hupo
Jan 17th 2009, 07:01 AM
I pray for G-d to bring an end to this conflict, but I'm afraid that things may get worse instead of better for you my Brother ... and all my brother & sisters in Israel.
Thank you for your prayers, Marjie.
God has His plans and I trust Him. If by "worse" you mean we will have more wars before this is over, then yes, I think you are right. But we have been living with wars since 1948 and we're still around in spite of the Achmedinijads of the world. It shows me that my trust in God is not in vain :pray:

hupo
Jan 17th 2009, 07:24 AM
You must live not far from Capernaum. Ever been there? I hear there are some ruins there but it hasn't really been excavated yet.
Shalom Revolvr, and congradulations for being one post away from a millenium:lol:
Yes, I'm just North of Capernaum. I've been there several times but usually with friends from overseas. I have no patience for "tourist attractions" as they all to often cover the real stuff with colors and plastic. I sometimes take a bike ride around the lake of Galilee (Kinneret) and then I can just stop and enjoy the quite surroundings. It is very close to Tabcha (Fish and Loves miracle) and the Mount of Beatitudes (Matthew 5) so you get the feeling of walking around in a real life museum. To my mind it beats any reality show :D

If/when you ever get to Israel, let me know ;)

wombat
Jan 18th 2009, 10:10 PM
I have heard there is now a unilateral ceasefire agreed to by Israel. And here is some interesting news I located at Shofar Ministries regarding European plans to provide naval/military/technological assistance to prevent weapons smuggling into Gaza. The article itself is from Haaretz, but it was printed on the Shofar Ministries page, so by the time you read this post you may have to scroll down aways at Shofar's page to find it.

http://bob-mitchell.blogspot.com/ (http://bob-mitchell.blogspot.com/)

Bladers
Jan 18th 2009, 10:51 PM
Israeli soldiers danced on top of a tank and gave "V" for victory signs as they pulled out of Gaza, but the war moved to a close on an ambiguous note, even though Gaza's airspace, coastal waters and border crossings remained under Israeli control.

Hamas, meanwhile, lost hundreds of fighters and failed to turn Gaza into a graveyard for masses of Israeli troops, as it had promised. It hopes that its survival will boost its standing among Arab supporters as a foe, as well as righteous victim, of the Jewish state.

Despite the apparent LOSS, Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh claimed "a heavenly victory" in remarks broadcast on Al-Jazeera Arabic news channel.

BUT WE ALL KNOW, JESUS WON AGAIN....

hupo
Jan 18th 2009, 11:10 PM
I have heard there is now a unilateral ceasefire agreed to by Israel. And here is some interesting news I located at Shofar Ministries regarding European plans to provide naval/military/technological assistance to prevent weapons smuggling into Gaza. The article itself is from Haaretz, but it was printed on the Shofar Ministries page, so by the time you read this post you may have to scroll down aways at Shofar's page to find it.

http://bob-mitchell.blogspot.com/ (http://bob-mitchell.blogspot.com/)
Couldn't read it. It was blocked off as being malware.
But the way I see it is that we gave them a beating they won't forget in a hurry except that all it really does, is put off the next bout for a while.
No one is going to stop them rearming themselves again.
The one thing we are not doing, that may have better results, and maybe in line with God's ways, is this.....
Cat's don't usually attack people. A cornered cat will turn into a tiger. We need to turn that tiger back into a cat.
When human beings have nothing to lose, they will easier throw their lives away to be a SHAHID. We must help the Palestinian people get a life. Work, food, shelter, education and basically...hope.
When they have all that, they may be more reluctant to go to war

Just my two :2cents:

hupo
Jan 18th 2009, 11:17 PM
Israeli soldiers danced on top of a tank and gave "V" for victory signs as they pulled out of Gaza, but the war moved to a close on an ambiguous note, even though Gaza's airspace, coastal waters and border crossings remained under Israeli control.

Hamas, meanwhile, lost hundreds of fighters and failed to turn Gaza into a graveyard for masses of Israeli troops, as it had promised. It hopes that its survival will boost its standing among Arab supporters as a foe, as well as righteous victim, of the Jewish state.

Despite the apparent LOSS, Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh claimed "a heavenly victory" in remarks broadcast on Al-Jazeera Arabic news channel.

BUT WE ALL KNOW, JESUS WON AGAIN....
I feel pretty embarassed when soldiers cheer for victory....... I could never do that. My feeling was always...ok, we did what we had to do, now lets go home and play with our kids.
Hammas will rebuild itself. It will take a bit longer that's all. The next clash is just a matter of time
The above is true untill we put Yeshua into the equasion, then anything goes...God's way!