PDA

View Full Version : After The Fall

Connie Sue
Dec 29th 2008, 03:43 AM
Where does it say Adam named Eve after the fall?

Kahtar
Dec 29th 2008, 04:02 AM
Genesis 3:20
20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Connie Sue
Dec 29th 2008, 04:41 AM
I know I've read this several times, but never realized it was after the fall before he quit calling her woman. :)

Connie Sue
Dec 29th 2008, 04:43 AM
Thanks you, Kahtar

Kahtar
Dec 29th 2008, 04:45 AM
Yep. Eve means basically mother of all living. He named her this right after the two of them brought death upon the entire planet. Why did he name her that?
Because it would be through her seed, the 'seed of the woman', that life would come. That seed was Jesus Christ.

Connie Sue
Dec 29th 2008, 04:46 AM
Thank you, Kahtar

Kahtar
Dec 29th 2008, 04:47 AM
You are most welcome.;)

Connie Sue
Dec 29th 2008, 04:48 AM
YEP!
Thats right!

AliveinChristDave
Dec 29th 2008, 05:16 AM
It's interesting that Adam called her Eve but God called her Adam.

Genesis 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Kahtar
Dec 29th 2008, 05:24 AM
Christ was also called 'Adam'.
1 Corinthians 15:45
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit.
Collectively, we are ALL Adam
H120 אדם 'âdâm aw-dawm'
From H119; ruddy, that is, a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.): - X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.

Brother Mark
Dec 29th 2008, 06:58 AM
Yep. Eve means basically mother of all living. He named her this right after the two of them brought death upon the entire planet. Why did he name her that?
Because it would be through her seed, the 'seed of the woman', that life would come. That seed was Jesus Christ.

It shows too that he repented of his earlier accusation. Originally, he blamed her for the fall. But after hearing God, he praised her for the blessing God had given her. He saw her more like God saw her. A good lesson for every husband.

I also like to think that just like God gave Peter the chance to say he loved him for each time he denied him, he allowed Eve to be blessed enough to bring in life.