PDA

View Full Version : My Parents

AggieMan89
Dec 29th 2008, 06:52 AM
Howdy everyone, I hope this prayer message does not turn into a book by the end, but what ever comes out I know God intends me to say.

It is hard to start a message like this, because so much has to be explained. [ But I will try and make it short ].

It is hard to describe my parents to people, because when they meet them it is totally different if you really know them.
First off, My name is Matt. I go to Texas A&M University, but my parents live in Dallas. My Dad is a Preacher at our church (And my Grandfather is the Pastor).
An easy way to explain my concern is, my parents are very . . . . Judgemental. They are very Anti-Social, and it puts a lot of constraints.
I guess where it all began to really break in front of me, and me really start to see it was a few months ago. Me and my, then, girlfriend (now Fiance) had been dating for 10 months. My parents were moving me down (3 hours away) to my Apartment at college two days before my 19th birthday. They sat me down and explained that the girl I was with and loved, that they hated her parents, felt that she had been fed with a "Platinum" spoon..and there was no way on earth that I could provide for her. ( Keep in mind, I Have not introduced this girl to anyone that hasn't fallen in love with her. My grandparents think she is the best thing in the world. And my friends love her to pieces.)

If you listen to my Mom, she thinks pretty much everyone in my church is going to Hell and not really living for God. She hates getting together with Family, and it takes pulling her anywhere to be with anybody other than my Dad. After being away to College for 3 months, getting closer to God then I ever have been, I come back into this house and feel the worst spirit you could feel. It is dark, and grim, and almost hateful. I want to run back to my Apartment 3 hours away so quick, but I don't want to leave them like this.

I have talked to them recently about a peace from God that I have gotton.. But they did not agree and told me I am going to Hell and that theres no Hope. (I would rather not go into Detail with this. What counts is I have prayed and have peace with the issue).

I guess in essence.. What I need help praying about is My parents Spirits. They are dark, and not happy. They hardly ever smile. . And I don't want to get further from them and them get worse. . Right now it takes everything in me to stay with them during this break.. But its so tiring and nerve racking to be in such a "dark" place. I pray that my parents step out of this shadow they are behind..and stand in the light of our God like I know they can.

Thanks everyone for the time you took reading this. I know it probably doesn't make alot of sense..But right now it doesn't make sense to even me and I am looking right on it.
If you have questions, just message me or ask.. Im an Open-Book.:pray:

Ashley274
Dec 29th 2008, 06:58 AM
I am praying your parents show the joy and love of our lord and feel His peace :pray::pray::hug:

angel_fire
Dec 29th 2008, 06:59 AM
Lord Jesus we lift up your name!!! I pray that his parents see the light in their child. Lord, I know its hard sometimes to let your children go, and sometimes they don't want to go. This young man has shown his Independence while at the same time honoring his parents the best he can. Amen to you brother!!! Lord, I pray you give him the patience and the guidance he needs to achieve his desired goal.
This young man is the light in the family. I pray for your fiancÚ, and I pray for your school and safety as well. Amen!!!

Redneck Charger
Dec 29th 2008, 09:58 AM
I am praying for you and your family.. Please Jesus help Matt with his Mom and Dad.. and hlp his parents rejoice in your beautiful world.. Please Jesus.. help this young man and his family.. Please...:pray: