PDA

View Full Version : Unsaved Father

allconsumingfire
Dec 29th 2008, 01:49 PM
Hello,

I know I am new here, but I would like to request prayer for my unsaved father. He is an atheist and very very against Christianity. He absolutley hates that I am a Christian and does not want anything to do with it. In fact he has said many times that he wants me to stop with the whole Christian thing. Its not that he gets voilent or anything, but he does get really really angry. Just a few days ago (over the holidays) we had our "religious talk" and he made me cry in the end because I could not take it anymore. I think its really satan using him becasue I am really trying to step out and do somethihg for the Kingdom of God. Its like he wants to know more, but says its all brain wash. He says he will believe when he sees it which of course does not work like that. Christianity must be received by faith. One thing that is comforting me right now is the verse that says blessed are those who are persecuted for my names sake..something like that. I know I a blessed when I am persecuted for the sake of Christ. Its been like this my whole life, and there seems no end to it, except to lean on Him at this point.

Anway, sorry this is so long. Please pray and God bless you all!:pray::kiss:

Amos_with_goats
Dec 29th 2008, 02:34 PM
I will pray for your dad as you ask. It might be helpful to you to consider though that while this may well be true;

I think its really satan using him becasue I am really trying to step out and do somethihg for the Kingdom of God.

I am quite certain that while satan may wish to use your father in this, it would be completely consistent to what we know of the Fathers will that He would be using you for His glory in this all the more. I will be praying for you, and your dad.

Blessings,

allconsumingfire
Dec 29th 2008, 02:41 PM
:kiss:Thank you for your prayers. They are appriciated. I think what is happening is that I am coming out of a wilderness experience that I had for several years now. I have definitely been tested and am ready for some kind of ministry or at least to reach out and help others through the experiences that I had. I am so eager to help others right now because I believe I have learned some valuable lessons in that desert. Satan must really hate me right now and is using the people that are closest to me to get to me. I have to remember this.

Again thank you for your prayers.

Frances
Dec 29th 2008, 05:50 PM
:pray: that you become closer to the Lord through your difficulties, and that you reflect Christ's Light in unconscious ways that your father will recognise . . .

ps. A reminder that the way your father will see the truth of Christianity is through the way you live day to day. And also that those who rage most against the Lord are usually those whose life is most threatened by Him. . . keep up the good work. :)

Redneck Charger
Dec 30th 2008, 06:32 AM
Jesus, I pray that these two reunite through your love Jesus.. And help release satin's strong hold on her Dad.. Please Jesus.. :pray:

walked
Dec 30th 2008, 02:58 PM
Praying with you for your father. :hug:

Firekitty
Dec 30th 2008, 04:01 PM
I also have an unsaved father... I know what that's like.
I'll be praying for you and your dad. :pray:

Colo25
Dec 30th 2008, 10:57 PM
I have many unsvaed loved ones, and I will definitely pray for your Dad. :pray:

Ashley274
Dec 31st 2008, 06:38 AM
Praying for your fathers salvaion and also for your strength :pray::hug: