PDA

View Full Version : Discussion How should we live your lifes so other see Christ in us?

Connie Sue
Dec 29th 2008, 02:45 PM
This is something that is REALLY bothering me.

Romans 6:1,2 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

2Ti 2:21If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour,
sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Romans 14:21...[It is] good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor [any thing] whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

Romans 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth [it] not, to him it is sin.

Hbr 10;26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Romans 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

Romans 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things [is] death.

Romans 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

I know we are saved by grace, Romans 6:2 says...God forbid, how shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 2Cr 4:3...But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

How can we say it is alright to drink alcohol? and smoke cigarettes? (I smoke, I don't drink not even occasionally, I'm not a custom to using bad language, however, I don't clam to be perfect either) and curse? And witness to people about the saving grace of Jesus Christ?
What will these people think when they see us doing these things?

2Cr 4:3...But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

What does it mean to be cursed? Is this a way God gets our attention?

What are your thoughts on these things?

I just want to be more like Him.

JesusMySavior
Dec 29th 2008, 04:47 PM

Romans 6:1,2 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

2Ti 2:21If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour,

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Romans 14:21...[It is] good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor [any thing] whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth [it] not, to him it is sin.

Hbr 10;26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Romans 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

Romans 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things [is] death.

Romans 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

I know we are saved by grace, Romans 6:2 says...God forbid, how shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 2Cr 4:3...But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

How can we say it is alright to drink alcohol? and smoke cigarettes? (I smoke, I don't drink not even occasionally, I'm not a custom to using bad language, however, I don't clam to be perfect either) and curse? And witness to people about the saving grace of Jesus Christ?

Connie Sue, the best and most effective way to live our lives before Christ is to love one another (John 13:35). If you see someone in need whether it be financially, emotionally, physically, or otherwise - if you have the means, help them. If you don't have the power to do that and it is a strong need, find someone to help them. We are God's customer service... we're also His representatives (II Corinthians 5:20).

If you can remember that love is that nail in the cross and everything else hangs from it, you will be an excellent follower of Christ.

If you drink it may cause your secular friends to think you are not Christian, so don't drink. If you have a drink and your Christian brother is a recovering addict, stop it. This all stems from love because in #1 you clearly want to lead them to Christ and set a good example so they can see it in you; and #2 you don't want your brother to stumble so you love him by not causing him to.

John 13:34. :)

Brother Mark
Dec 29th 2008, 04:50 PM
What is a testimony? It is a life that reflects Christ and preaches Him. What did Jesus say about such a life?

"By this will men know that you are my disciples, that you love one another." He didn't mention drinking, or smoking or such things. But he did mention that we would love one another and that men would then know that we were disciples of Christ. I find that fascinating.

reformedct
Dec 30th 2008, 12:40 AM
it is very simple: look at Jesus. He is the image of the invisible God:

Jesus ate dinner ate sinners houses.

Jesus preached the kingdom has come

Jesus rebuked religous Pharisees trying to hold on to their political power by pretending to be more righteous than others

Jesus discipled people in the ways of the Lord and of the kingdom

Jesus participated in weddings and social gatherings

Jesus drank wine

simply do these things and you will be good lol

its really simple: Love God(Jesus) and Love others.

True love is giving everything for someone else's benefit

just look for ways to love Jesus by obeying Him, and loving others

crossnote
Dec 30th 2008, 07:32 AM
Pray that God would open their eyes to see Christ ...period.

And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
(Luk 24:31)

Firstfruits
Dec 30th 2008, 03:35 PM

By walking in the Spirit

Gal 5:22 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=48&CHAP=5&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=48&CHAP=5&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=23) Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=48&CHAP=5&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=24) And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=48&CHAP=5&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=25) If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

God bless you!!!

Firstfruits