PDA

View Full Version : London protest

awestruckchild
Dec 29th 2008, 04:51 PM
On the news right now they are covering a protest outside the Israeli embassy in London. Sounds like it is getting a bit physical.

I have not known God for long - have there ever been such widespread demonstrations as we are seeing right now? I know Israel has fought back before but I don't recall the protests being so....all over the place geographically.

awestruckchild
Dec 29th 2008, 05:35 PM
Then again, maybe I just never noticed because I was only interested in things that revolved around me.....:blush:

EarlyCall
Dec 29th 2008, 05:39 PM
On the news right now they are covering a protest outside the Israeli embassy in London. Sounds like it is getting a bit physical.

I have not known God for long - have there ever been such widespread demonstrations as we are seeing right now? I know Israel has fought back before but I don't recall the protests being so....all over the place geographically.

I'll have to swing by the Drudge Report and see if I can get something on it there. I take it they are protesting against Israel then.

Did they bring their prayer rugs? So goes the UK. Where once the sun never set, sure seems to be setting now for what may be the last time.

Bethany67
Dec 29th 2008, 07:38 PM
This is a few miles west of where I am. Yes they're protesting against Israel's actions (no-one protesting on the Hamas actions which set it all off), and included in the protesters are some of the Orthodox Jews from the Stamford Hill community just down the road from me who are anti-Israel for theological reasons.

I think what's changed here is the language from Israel that they won't stop until all Hamas buildings are gone; they're expressing a determination that I don't recall hearing before over the years. I don't think there'll be a new ceasefire even if Hamas wanted one.

awestruckchild
Dec 29th 2008, 07:42 PM
Wow! Orthodox Jews anti-israel for theological reasons??
I guess I'll have to ponder that one-a Jew being anti-Israel....

Bethany67
Dec 29th 2008, 08:04 PM
The ones I know from Stamford Hill are actually Satmar Hasidim (Hungarian and Romanian roots). They see the modern state of Israel as secular people taking matters into their own hands instead of waiting for the Messiah to sort it all out and deliver them.

Here's the Wiki page about them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satmar#Satmar_opposition_to_Zionism

Ta-An
Dec 29th 2008, 08:42 PM
Well, we certainly need to pray for Israel :pray:

Edit:

I had a friend phoning me earlier on today, asking the meaning of the word: Hadassah.... saying the L_rd called her by that name... and asked me what that means..... I guess ,,,, things are serious

awestruckchild
Dec 29th 2008, 08:49 PM
Well...what does it mean ACCM?
You're dealing with an uneducated person here.

Ta-An
Dec 29th 2008, 08:54 PM
Well...what does it mean ACCM?
You're dealing with an uneducated person here.Hadassah is the Hebrew name for Esther, she was raised up as an instrument in the hand of G_d to avert the destruction of the Jewish people, and to afford them protection and forward their wealth and peace in their captivity....

My friend thus is called to be an Intercessor to pray for Israel....

awestruckchild
Dec 29th 2008, 08:59 PM
Ok, thanks. I thought that's what it meant because of a movie I recently watched-One Night With the King, but I wans't sure.

Ta-An
Dec 29th 2008, 09:03 PM
Ok, thanks. I thought that's what it meant because of a movie I recently watched-One Night With the King, but I wans't sure.For such a time as this..... :idea: :pray:

awestruckchild
Jan 26th 2009, 03:18 PM
This has absolutely nothing to do with my op in here.
I keep seeing all these strange things and wonder if I am making something of nothing in my tiny little head....

Obama had that weird "Freudian slip" where he was talking to a reporter and said something about..."my Muslim faith" and the interviewer - George Stephanapoulos I think - looked shocked then said, "Don't you mean to say your christian faith?......"

Then he picks one of his top guys who has the last name of Emmanuel...

Then on the news a little while ago they were reporting on the Presidents new car and all of the upgrades it had received for his protection and comfort and they said the cars nickname was "The Beast"....

Then the lines of his swearing in got fumbled, which revolved around the word "faithful"....

Now, they do a second swearing in in which they don't even use the bible!

Strange things keep piling on and I can't quite figure if it is just my pea-sized brain seeing stuff that isn't there...

greenrangerx
Jan 26th 2009, 03:35 PM
Don't worry, I saw all of those things too. I don't know if it is just coincidence or something deeper. And when they said the name of his car was "The Beast", my mouth dropped like "what on earth?"

Ta-An
Jan 26th 2009, 03:35 PM
paintdiva, strange that you bring up London and Muslim in the same thread....
A friend the other day said that he had a vision of England becoming a Muslim state :o

awestruckchild
Jan 26th 2009, 04:10 PM
Oh, and I forgot another thing. During the inauguration, it was reported that a group of people, somewhere in Africa I think, was watching the inaug. on tv and they all got up and began chanting, "Obama is Jesus!!!

Thanks Ranger, nice to know I am not the only one alarmed or confused by these things and that someone else noticed them. I am not willing to say anything bad about Obama but I'll be danged if a new strange thing doesn't come up nearly every day!

awestruckchild
Jan 26th 2009, 04:13 PM
Hey ACCM,
I guess I failed to mention in the op that is was Muslims who were leading the protest, though you would have had to dig deeply into the news to find that out because they didn't seem to want to report exactly who the protesting group was!

Ta-An
Jan 26th 2009, 06:18 PM
This vision my friend had alarmed me, and just see what is happening :eek: :help::help:

wombat
Jan 26th 2009, 07:04 PM
During the inauguration, it was reported that a group of people, somewhere in Africa I think, was watching the inaug. on tv and they all got up and began chanting, "Obama is Jesus!!! I am not willing to say anything bad about Obama but I'll be danged if a new strange thing doesn't come up nearly every day!
Yes, indeed, something strange does seem to come up nearly every day, Paintdiva! There have been many, many people comparing Obama to Jesus. His inaugural procession has been being compared to the triumphal entry of Jesus into Jerusalem, riding on a donkey, while the onlookers hailed him with Hosannahs. One of my relatives heard on the news that he turned water into wine at one of his celebration events, though I have not been able to confirm such a thing--it is likely just a figure of speech. I too don't want to say anything bad about him, and I will definitely be praying for him as I have for the previous presidents, but I do take notice of these things. Keep your eyes peeled--who knows what we'll see next!

Partaker of Christ
Jan 26th 2009, 11:04 PM
paintdiva, strange that you bring up London and Muslim in the same thread....
A friend the other day said that he had a vision of England becoming a Muslim state :o

ISLAMIC law has been ushered into Britain by the back door:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1687576.ece

I saw a snippet of a tv program due to be aired in UK (inside story) It was showing some of these Sharia Law courts in action. The full program may be on this weekend.

RevLogos
Jan 27th 2009, 12:59 AM
This has absolutely nothing to do with my op in here.
I keep seeing all these strange things and wonder if I am making something of nothing in my tiny little head....

Obama had that weird "Freudian slip" where he was talking to a reporter and said something about..."my Muslim faith" and the interviewer - George Stephanapoulos I think - looked shocked then said, "Don't you mean to say your christian faith?......"

Then he picks one of his top guys who has the last name of Emmanuel...

Then on the news a little while ago they were reporting on the Presidents new car and all of the upgrades it had received for his protection and comfort and they said the cars nickname was "The Beast"....

Then the lines of his swearing in got fumbled, which revolved around the word "faithful"....

Now, they do a second swearing in in which they don't even use the bible!

Strange things keep piling on and I can't quite figure if it is just my pea-sized brain seeing stuff that isn't there...

Interesting isn't it? People have also picked up the similarities between Osama bin Laden and Obama and Joe Biden.

Question is, would God play little word games like this to give us clues? In your own walk with God, has He ever played a word game like this that was meaningful to you? Probably worth a whole thread in itself.

possumliving
Jan 27th 2009, 06:51 AM
Interesting isn't it? People have also picked up the similarities between Osama bin Laden and Obama and Joe Biden.

Question is, would God play little word games like this to give us clues? In your own walk with God, has He ever played a word game like this that was meaningful to you? Probably worth a whole thread in itself.

I got a riddle from God once!

I had some beautiful metal buttons I bought them from a woman when I lived in FL and He asked me to find out where these came from....

Weird...

I moved to a town in VA that used to have a button factory that used to be the main employer in the county. It closed shop right before I got here and the building is still there.

God is also good at giving clues to all kinds of peculiar messages. It's sort of like follow the clues and solve the mystery. Oh, and speaking of mysteries! God loves a good mystery!

Dan 2:47 The king answered Daniel, Of a truth your God is the God of gods and the Lord of kings and a Revealer of secret mysteries, seeing that you could reveal this secret mystery!

Rom 11:25 Lest you be self-opinionated (wise in your own conceits), I do not want you to miss this hidden truth {and} mystery, brethren: a hardening (insensibility) has [temporarily] befallen a part of Israel [to last] until the full number of the ingathering of the Gentiles has come in,

Rom 16:25 Now to Him Who is able to strengthen you in the faith which is in accordance with my Gospel and the preaching of (concerning) Jesus Christ (the Messiah), according to the revelation (the unveiling) of the mystery of the plan of redemption which was kept in silence {and} secret for long ages,

1 Cor 15:51 Take notice! I tell you a mystery (a secret truth, an event decreed by the hidden purpose or counsel of God). We shall not all fall asleep [in death], but we shall all be changed (transformed)

Eph 1:9 Making known to us the mystery (secret) of His will (of His plan, of His purpose). [And it is this:] In accordance with His good pleasure (His merciful intention) which He had previously purposed {and} set forth in Him,

Eph 3:3 [And] that the mystery (secret) was made known to me {and} I was allowed to comprehend it by direct revelation, as I already briefly wrote you.

Eph 3:4 When you read this you can understand my insight into the mystery of Christ.

Eph 3:5 [This mystery] was never disclosed to human beings in past generations as it has now been revealed to His holy apostles (consecrated messengers) and prophets by the [Holy] Spirit.

Eph 3:9 Also to enlighten all men {and} make plain to them what is the plan [regarding the Gentiles and providing for the salvation of all men] of the mystery kept hidden through the ages {and} concealed until now in [the mind of] God Who created all things {by Christ Jesus.}

Eph 5:32 This mystery is very great, but I speak concerning [the relation of] Christ and the church.

Eph 6:19 And [pray] also for me, that [freedom of] utterance may be given me, that I may open my mouth to proclaim boldly the mystery of the good news (the Gospel),

Col 1:26 The mystery of which was hidden for ages and generations [from angels and men], but is now revealed to His holy people (the saints),
Col 1:27 To whom God was pleased to make known how great for the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ within {and} among you, the Hope of [realizing the] glory.

Col 4:3 And at the same time pray for us also, that God may open a door to us for the Word (the Gospel), to proclaim the mystery concerning Christ (the Messiah) on account of which I am in prison;
Col 4:4 That I may proclaim it fully {and} make it clear [speak boldly and unfold that mystery], as is my duty.

2 Thess 2:7 For the mystery of lawlessness (that hidden principle of rebellion against constituted authority) is already at work in the world, [but it is] restrained only until he who restrains is taken out of the way.

Rev 1:20 As to the hidden meaning (the mystery) of the seven stars which you saw on My right hand and the seven lampstands of gold: the seven stars are the seven angels (messengers) of the seven assemblies (churches) and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.

Rev 10:7 But that when the days come when the trumpet call of the seventh angel is about to be sounded, then God's mystery (His secret design, His hidden purpose), as He had announced the glad tidings to His servants the prophets, should be fulfilled (accomplished, completed).

Rev 17:5 And on her forehead there was inscribed a name of mystery [with a secret symbolic meaning]: Babylon the great, the mother of prostitutes (idolatresses) and of the filth {and} atrocities {and} abominations of the earth.

Rev 17:7 But the angel said to me, Why do you wonder? I will explain to you the [secret symbolic meaning of the] mystery of the woman, as well as of the beast having the seven heads and ten horns that carries her.

Steph

Ta-An
Jan 27th 2009, 08:57 AM
ISLAMIC law has been ushered into Britain by the back door:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1687576.ece

I saw a snippet of a tv program due to be aired in UK (inside story) It was showing some of these Sharia Law courts in action. The full program may be on this weekend.:eek: :help: .

awestruckchild
Jan 27th 2009, 02:18 PM

Hi Revolvr,
I'm not sure what you are asking....
I'm not comparing similarities between Obama and anyone else like Biden or BinLaden.
I am telling of strange things I have noticed, events that occurred, things that were said, etc.
I wasn't looking for any similarities between Obama and any other men...
To answer you, no-I can't say that in my own walk with God, that He has ever "played word games to give me clues" though I don't fully understand exactly what you mean when you say that.
Sometimes He repeats things to cause me to pay attention......don't know if that answered your question...
I wasn't at all trying to imply that the Holy Spirit told me that Obama was evil or anything-in fact, the Holy Spirit has not said a single thing to me about Obama. I was noting things that I saw, factual things that have happened that surprised and flummoxed me, not anything I heard from God...
I very distinctly know when He is speaking and I did not mean to imply that God told me anything. These were my own observations.
Beautiful snow falling here in Maryland!!!!:)

RevLogos
Jan 27th 2009, 04:17 PM
Hi Revolvr,
I'm not comparing similarities between Obama and anyone else like Biden or BinLaden.
I am telling of strange things I have noticed, events that occurred, things that were said, etc.
To answer you, no-I can't say that in my own walk with God, that He has ever "played word games to give me clues" though I don't fully understand exactly what you mean when you say that.
Sometimes He repeats things to cause me to pay attention......don't know if that answered your question...
I wasn't at all trying to imply that the Holy Spirit told me that Obama was evil or anything-in fact, the Holy Spirit has not said a single thing to me about Obama. I was noting things that I saw, factual things that have happened that surprised and flummoxed me, not anything I heard from God...
I very distinctly know when He is speaking and I did not mean to imply that God told me anything. These were my own observations.

You had mentioned some interesting coincidences with names - such that they would serve as a possible warning that not all is right here. Any one by itself wouldn't mean anything. I used to call my vintage Mustang the "Beast" just because it was getting hard to maintain. ;)

But all together, is this enough to pay attention to? Would God use subtle names and coincidences to send a message?

In my own life, 25 years ago a man named Scott taught me the reality of God and proved to me that Jesus was exactly who He said he was - in an astounding and tragic way. Perhaps one day I will write this up in the Testimonials.

But the message fell among thorns. 25 years later the Holy Spirit whacked me upside the head and I became a true Christian. I decided to attend a few churches in my area and find one to stick with. At one church the pastor asked people to stand up and "meet N greet" the people around them. The first person said "Hi, my name is Scott", so did 3 other people around me! And the Pastor's name was Scott.

This coincidence sent me a very powerful message. I think God was telling me I had done the right thing, and this was the church to stick with.

So the idea to me that God might give us clues by such "divine coincidence" is not outside the realm of possibility.

awestruckchild
Jan 27th 2009, 05:01 PM
Yes, I think that all of them taken together would at least be something to pay attention to.
I guess I misunderstood what you were saying in your first post.
:hmm:

Ta-An
Jan 27th 2009, 05:52 PM
One can only wonder how much this fuels anti-semitism, and if it has become more acceptable??

possumliving
Jan 27th 2009, 10:14 PM
Hi Revolvr,

Ah, you get beautiful snow in MD and I get rain and probably ice tonight here in southside VA. :P

Well, I reckon rain means more water than snow does, so I'd better be grateful as this last year was dry.

Maybe with all of this rain God is giving us hope for a goooood garden this spring/summer! One can always hope with the economy the way it is.

Steph

awestruckchild
Jan 28th 2009, 09:17 AM
Ah, you get beautiful snow in MD and I get rain and probably ice tonight here in southside VA. :P

Well, I reckon rain means more water than snow does, so I'd better be grateful as this last year was dry.

Maybe with all of this rain God is giving us hope for a goooood garden this spring/summer! One can always hope with the economy the way it is.

Steph

Alas, it was only beautiful for a day because overnight it spit ice and is still going on now! Yucky and will cause accidents!

awestruckchild
Jan 28th 2009, 09:21 AM
Thanks for that article, Partaker. Usually people put up a link to video which I can't watch - no high speed.
It's absolutely chilling to think about how the U.S. is moving towards this too slowly but surely.

daughter
Jan 28th 2009, 12:04 PM
Although I'm concerned about the gradual infiltration of Islam into British society, I should point out that the Sun is the British equivalent of the national enquirer with the addition of soft porn. It's main selling point is page three.

They are not quite the same as the Sunday Sport (of "penguins on the moon", and "double decker buses on antartica fame") but they are not far off. I would take anything they say with a large pinch of salt. We're not talking a newspaper here... it's considered a comic for grown ups.

awestruckchild
Jan 28th 2009, 09:44 PM
Ah, thanks for the info Daughter. Not so chilling to me now that I know that at the very least, they are probably exaggerating.

By the way, what did you think of Perry Stone?