PDA

View Full Version : Early disciples

Zack702
Dec 30th 2008, 01:30 AM
Has anyone here ever made a blind man to see by the power of the holy spirit?

John27
Dec 30th 2008, 05:39 AM
Other than Jesus no, I don't think so, however it is not the holy person that makes them healed, it is their own faith in god and the holy spirit and the messiah Jesus.

In the Gospel a lady who was dying of somthing had strong faith that just a touch would heal her and she touched Jesus and he felt the life come out of him and he was healed.

That healing I have heard about, it occurred with our last Pope John Paul II. A man who was a devout christian writer and highley faithful had brain cancer. He met the Pope one day in celebration of his newest book he wrote on faith. When he shook the pope's hand it seemed like the pope went into a seziure, then he was okay. After that when the man went to the doctor to see how the cancer was, the cancer was gone.

Zack702
Dec 30th 2008, 06:27 AM
Other than Jesus no, I don't think so, however it is not the holy person that makes them healed, it is their own faith in god and the holy spirit and the messiah Jesus.

Thats a good point that it's not the person but the faith and the holy spirit that Jesus gave and prayers. (the answering of prayers rather)
But surely it is possible but perhaps these healings were for specific signs given to the early apostles/disciples?
Or perhaps some of us are able to do these things even today?

Emanate
Dec 30th 2008, 01:25 PM

I would disagree 100% and say that it is indeed God that heals, and not our faith. We see in the NT accounts numerous healings with no mention of faith, but the power of YHWH.

The woman with the issue of blood was a fulfillment of prophecy, and what she touched represented faithfulness to the commands of YHWH, it was not simply a matter of faith as we define it.

kenrank
Dec 31st 2008, 06:14 AM
I would disagree 100% and say that it is indeed God that heals, and not our faith. We see in the NT accounts numerous healings with no mention of faith, but the power of YHWH.

The woman with the issue of blood was a fulfillment of prophecy, and what she touched represented faithfulness to the commands of YHWH, it was not simply a matter of faith as we define it.

Very well said Emanate! :thumbsup:

Shalom.
Ken