PDA

View Full Version : 2 parter

cross crusader
Dec 31st 2008, 03:54 AM
1. are we always to pray in Jesus name?
2. i asked the first one to ask this, if rick warren doesnt pray in Jesus name for the inaugurational prayer, isnt he denying the Lord? Isnt he in danger of being denied by jesus? if he does leave the name of Jesus out.

JesusisGod
Dec 31st 2008, 05:00 AM
Hi cross crusader.
Yes, we should always pray in Jesus name, but if Warren neglects to honor Jesus by name, only God can know why.

kenrank
Dec 31st 2008, 06:36 AM
Hi cross crusader.
Yes, we should always pray in Jesus name, but if Warren neglects to honor Jesus by name, only God can know why.

I would just throw this out for consideration. Question: Do you have to "say the name," in order to be "in the name?"

I recently did a study on what it takes to profane the name of God and what his name represents. I learned that taking it in vein, for starters, is different than profaning it. Taking it in vein is making it useless, going through the motions of saying the right things, but not living under the authority the name represents. It can also be taken to mean we don't use it at all, both in word and deed.

Profaning the name is different. Here is where we agree to live in God's name, abiding both in the will of God and the authority his name represents. But here we stray, do or say things that stand in opposition to his will and authority, that's when you profane his name, his authority. When you know better and walk in disobedience anyway.

I am NOT saying we shouldn't close our prayers by envoking Messiah's name! What I am saying is that if you walk in God's will, and live with him as the central authority figure in your life, than you more than likely are walking in his name. Saying it then doesn't make you anymore or any less, "in the name." If you forget to say Messiah's name at prayer closing, it isn't like he won't hear and answer your petition.

Peace.
Ken