PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: Bible Studies

ph33r
Jan 1st 2009, 01:26 AM
What are some good ones I can get off of amazon.com

9Marksfan
Jan 1st 2009, 09:15 AM
If you are looking for some in depth, devotional and challenging Bible Study books, I could do no better than recommend John MacArthur's series - every NT book is covered - and they only cost about $8 each!

graceforme
Jan 1st 2009, 01:56 PM
I like John MacArthur's Bible studies, too. Also, Chuch Swindoll has some great ones available. If you go to Amazon. com., you should be able to find many to choose from.

One of the best studies I've done in a long time is "Living on the Ragged Edge" - a study in Ecclesiastes.

A search on Google should give you some good direction.

God Bless and happy studying.

thepenitent
Jan 2nd 2009, 12:26 AM
I've always liked Kay Arthur's precept studies. You dig deep and remember what you've studied.

mikebr
Jan 2nd 2009, 12:44 AM
Beth Moore...............?

scourge39
Jan 2nd 2009, 01:27 AM
The Bible Speaks Today is much better than the MacArthur series. They're solid intros to each book and not driven by the authors' end time views. MacArthur's Dispensationalism permeates virtually everything he writes, from his commentaries to his Bible study guides. Scriptural study shouldn't become a polemic for one particular end-time perspective. It should discuss different views, not just those with which the authors tend to agree, and be broad enough to allow readers to investigate points of disagreement and come to their own conclusions.

graceforme
Jan 2nd 2009, 10:45 AM
The Bible Speaks Today is much better than the MacArthur series. They're solid intros to each book and not driven by the authors' end time views. MacArthur's Dispensationalism permeates virtually everything he writes, from his commentaries to his Bible study guides. Scriptural study shouldn't become a polemic for one particular end-time perspective. It should discuss different views, not just those with which the authors tend to agree, and be broad enough to allow readers to investigate points of disagreement and come to their own conclusions.

The fact is that any "series" we use is basically directed by the views and opinions of the author. Being dispensational myself, I tend to see things pretty much the same way as MacArthur. But, to each his own. I also like Charle Stanley's and Kay Arthur's studies.

God Bless.