PDA

View Full Version : adultry

madeline1
Jan 2nd 2009, 12:39 AM
Can a christian commit adultry for fifteen years straight and ask God for forgiveness and possibly still doing so, go to Heaven when he dies?????? He says he isn't sorry for doing so.,,, I am wondering how one can be saved and nothing bothers him like his conscious.

jrick
Jan 2nd 2009, 01:20 AM
Absolutely! No matter how bad one may think they have sinned, there is still forgiveness in Jesus. Anyone who truly repents from their sins (and that includes a true desire to stop that sin) will be shown forgiveness.

But if one is not willing to stop that particular sin and give everything to Christ, than he or she is not truly sorry for their sin.

A person's conscious may grow dull over time from constantly ignoring it. Eventually, he or she will not feel any guilt for their sinful actions. I would recommend showing him the Law of God (The Ten Commandments) in Exodus 20 or Deuteronomy 5. These are the standards that God has chosen for us to live by. By even breaking one, we have broken the whole Law and are guilty before God. Even though their conscious may not convict them, the Law always will, because all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.

Repent, believe, and be saved.

matthew7and1
Jan 2nd 2009, 01:28 AM
Can a christian commit adultry for fifteen years straight and ask God for forgiveness and possibly still doing so, go to Heaven when he dies?????? He says he isn't sorry for doing so.,,, I am wondering how one can be saved and nothing bothers him like his conscious.
If the person isn't truly sorry, then just asking God for forgiveness doesn't do the trick. At least I don't think so. I think that remorse comes with the whole deal in a way. I mean, if he is saying that he doens't have regrets about his life because it made him who is is.. and all that jazz, OK. But if this person is saying clearly: "I'm not sorry, but I will ask God for forgiveness so I can be saved." I don't think he's got great chances here....

markedward
Jan 2nd 2009, 01:30 AM
As the saying goes, not everyone who says "Lord, Lord" and claims they did good deeds will be saved... and how much more so the one who says "Lord, Lord" and doesn't even mean it?

BCF
Jan 2nd 2009, 03:25 AM

Can you define what you are calling adultery for me please?

God Bless,

Dave

madeline1
Jan 2nd 2009, 03:03 PM
Can you define what you are calling adultery for me please?

God Bless,

Dave

Yes he claims to be a christian but paying a prostutite for perverted sex for many years, says he doesn't feel guilt for it.

Firstfruits
Jan 2nd 2009, 03:19 PM
Absolutely! No matter how bad one may think they have sinned, there is still forgiveness in Jesus. Anyone who truly repents from their sins (and that includes a true desire to stop that sin) will be shown forgiveness.

But if one is not willing to stop that particular sin and give everything to Christ, than he or she is not truly sorry for their sin.

A person's conscious may grow dull over time from constantly ignoring it. Eventually, he or she will not feel any guilt for their sinful actions. I would recommend showing him the Law of God (The Ten Commandments) in Exodus 20 or Deuteronomy 5. These are the standards that God has chosen for us to live by. By even breaking one, we have broken the whole Law and are guilty before God. Even though their conscious may not convict them, the Law always will, because all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.

Repent, believe, and be saved.

How about pointing out that if he is walking in the Spirit he will not do what he is doing?

Rom 13:14 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=45&CHAP=13&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=14) But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Eph 2:3 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=49&CHAP=2&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Gal 5:16 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=48&CHAP=5&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=16) This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Gal 5:19 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=48&CHAP=5&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=19) Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Can he truly say he is living and walking in the Spirit?

Firstfruits

reformedct
Jan 2nd 2009, 04:06 PM

unfortunately, a person who claims to know God and commits adultry for 15 years is most likely not even saved in the first place. Those who are saved are constantly being changed into the image of His Son. when they get out of line they are scourged and disciplined. If you are without discipline you are a bastard child according to Scripture (aka not born of God)

As a man i struggle and fight against lust every day of my life because of the sensual culture we live in, so its possible to struggle against the flesh in that area, but after 15 years there should definetly have been victory in that area

BCF
Jan 2nd 2009, 04:28 PM
Yes he claims to be a christian but paying a prostutite for perverted sex for many years, says he doesn't feel guilt for it.

Just b/c he calims to be a Christian, does not mean that he is a Christian. I use to claim to be spiderman when I was a kid.....but I never could climb walls.:D

This person may be a Christian in his own mind, but in his heart he is not. But he is not out of reach from God either. I do not know what this person is to you....hopefully just friends, and by being a friend to him, you would need to show this person how to have a relationship with Christ in his heart....and not in his mind. How do you do that? Teach him what Love is....Which is God.

God Bless,

Dave

madeline1
Jan 2nd 2009, 05:56 PM
Just b/c he calims to be a Christian, does not mean that he is a Christian. I use to claim to be spiderman when I was a kid.....but I never could climb walls.:D

This person may be a Christian in his own mind, but in his heart he is not. But he is not out of reach from God either. I do not know what this person is to you....hopefully just friends, and by being a friend to him, you would need to show this person how to have a relationship with Christ in his heart....and not in his mind. How do you do that? Teach him what Love is....Which is God.

God Bless,

DaveI love your quote, I feel the same. THANKS

BCF
Jan 2nd 2009, 06:32 PM
I love your quote, I feel the same. THANKS

Your quit welcome...but the Glory goes to God. I have know idea what I am talking about without His Help.

Now go and Spread some Seed of Love to your Friend, and teach him who God is.

God Bless,

Dave

Gregg
Jan 2nd 2009, 06:46 PM
What we don't know, is how many other things in his life have changed....maybe God is not done with him yet?

Is it the same woman? Maybe she/they give him some type of warped feeling of love and closeness that he is afraid to get elsewhere. I can't imagine how terrible it must feel to love the Lord and be caught in this web.

karenoka27
Jan 3rd 2009, 03:50 AM
I was just reading through this thread and wondering if this person were married and paying for a prostitute on the side?

revrobor
Jan 4th 2009, 01:57 AM
Whether he's married or not what he's doing is fornication not adultery. Adultery is sexual intercourse with a married person not your spouse. In either case if he doesn't stop and seek forgiveness before he dies or the Lord returns he's toast (1 Cor. 6: 9-10).

Gregg
Jan 4th 2009, 03:32 PM
Whether he's married or not what he's doing is fornication not adultery. Adultery is sexual intercourse with a married person not your spouse. In either case if he doesn't stop and seek forgiveness before he dies or the Lord returns he's toast (1 Cor. 6: 9-10).

So you are saying that if I cheat on my spouse with a single woman, I am not committing adultry, but the single woman I am having sex with is? :o

HisLeast
Jan 4th 2009, 04:18 PM
Is he sinning? Yes. I think its pretty safe to say he is.

As for the state of his salvation, this question is beyond any of us to decide.
Would any of us say that Judah never achieved salvation? He used a prostitute (and it was a double whammy, since she had been with two of his sons). Would any of us say that Rahab never achieved salvation?

God just isn't done with us until He's done with us. While we can encourage and exhort our brothers and sisters to resist and repent of their sins, we just DON'T KNOW what God has in store for them. No one should ever be written off, especially in the light of sins the great patriarchs of our faith have committed.

dljc
Jan 4th 2009, 04:30 PM
Can a christian commit adultry for fifteen years straight and ask God for forgiveness and possibly still doing so, go to Heaven when he dies?????? He says he isn't sorry for doing so.,,, I am wondering how one can be saved and nothing bothers him like his conscious.Do a study on 1 Corinthians Chapter 5. It sounds like spiritual pride which is what this chapter is about and what to do. We can develop a hardened heart and a seared conscience to our own sin. This is why it's important for each of us to help each other.

If you look at this chapter you can see that this is really the love you have for that person. They won't listen otherwise (hardened heart and/or seared conscience), but to let God deal with their heart so that the spirit might be saved in the Day of the Lord. (Verse 5).

revrobor
Jan 4th 2009, 11:29 PM
So you are saying that if I cheat on my spouse with a single woman, I am not committing adultry, but the single woman I am having sex with is? :o

Whether it is adultery or fornication both are sins and must be avoided no matter what you call it. There are no degrees of sin.

Chimon
Jan 5th 2009, 05:23 AM

1 Timothy 4 says that the conscience can become seared, which seems to me to indicate that, by repetitive and deliberate sin, we can silence our consequence.

This seems possible both for those who are saved and those who are not.

Gregg
Jan 6th 2009, 01:23 PM
Whether it is adultery or fornication both are sins and must be avoided no matter what you call it. There are no degrees of sin.

Yep, I know that. I just wanted clarification on the definition. I think/thought you cheat on your spouce with anyone you are committing adultry.

New Creation
Jan 6th 2009, 03:10 PM

"And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
(1Jo 3:3-10)."

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell."
(Mat 5:27-30).

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."
(Gal 5:19-21).

Hope these are of help.

In Christ,
Lina Urban
www.puregospeltruth.com (http://www.puregospeltruth.com)