PDA

View Full Version : Would you Agree?

mikebr
Jan 2nd 2009, 02:10 AM
Our salvation from death does not prevent us from dying. Rather, our salvation from death is a salvation that leads us through death.

crossnote
Jan 2nd 2009, 02:55 AM
Our salvation from death does not prevent us from dying. Rather, our salvation from death is a salvation that leads us through death.

Our bodies will die (at least last time I checked I am right on schedule) but our souls/spirits will not taste death but will receive in the resurrection a (re)new(ed) body.

mikebr
Jan 2nd 2009, 03:03 AM
Our bodies will die (at least last time I checked I am right on schedule) but our souls/spirits will not taste death but will receive in the resurrection a (re)new(ed) body.

I take it you agree?:hmm:

CoffeeCat
Jan 2nd 2009, 04:20 AM

I think we might want to be more precise. I agree with you, generally, yes. :) But people could take your statement a few ways -- when you say "our salvation from death", which death did you mean.... physical or spiritual?

I'd say I absolutely agree that our salvation from spiritual death does not prevent us from dying physically (nor should it -- if we're in Christ, we're the Lord's whether our physical body lives or dies). Our salvation from spiritual death is a salvation that leads us through physical death, and past it. Physical OR spiritual death have no victory over us, because Christ has victory over both!

Sirus
Jan 2nd 2009, 05:06 AM
Our salvation from death does not prevent us from dying. Rather, our salvation from death is a salvation that leads us through death.Absolutely!

1Co 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

Joh 12:23-24 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

1Co 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.
1Co 15:42-50 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

crossnote
Jan 2nd 2009, 06:12 AM
I take it you agree?:hmm:

Physical death-yes (barring the rapture or other such inconvenient events).

Our spirit dying - no, we don't die.