PDA

View Full Version : Rev. 18

vinsight4u8
Jan 2nd 2009, 02:21 PM
v1
"And after these things I saw..."

John is now leaving the part as to he would be shown about mystery, Babylon (Rev. 17) and is gong to get another prophecy (Rev. 18).

v2
"...Babylon the great is fallen..."
v 7
"...for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow..."

=
Isaiah 47:1
"...O virgin daughter of Babylon...of the Chaldeans..."
v7
"And thou saidst, I shall be a lady for ever:...neither didst remember the latter end..."
v8
"...that thou sayest in thine heart, I [am] and none else beside me; I shall not sit [as] a widow..."

Rev. 17 is about mystery, Babylon
(a location that has to be figured out)

Rev. 18 is about the land of the Chaldeans.
(where Iraq is)

end-time Babylon
18:23"...for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived..."
=
Isaiah 47 (as to Chaldea's prophecy)
"...and with the multitude of thy sorceries..."
v12

v6
"......that didst show them no mercy; upon the ancient hast thou very heavily laid thy yoke."

Jeremiah 28:14 shows the yoke of iron went on Israel to serve Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon.

Jeremiah 30:8
"For it shall come to pass in [that] day, saith the LORD of hosts [that] I will break his yoke..."
v7
"Alas! for that day [is] great, so that none [is] like it..."

vinsight4u8
Jan 2nd 2009, 02:37 PM
Here's another link fron Rev. 18 to the Old Testament - as to the land of the Chaldeans.

Rev.
18:24
"And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth."

=

Jeremiah 51:49
"As Babylon [hath caused] the slain of Israel to fall, so at Babylon shall fall the slain of all the earth."

51:62
"Then shalt thou say, O LORD, thou hast spoken against this place, to cut it off, that none shall remain in it, neither man nor beast, but that it shall be desolate for ever.

v45
"My people go ye out of the midst of her, and deliver every man his soul from the fierce anger of the LORD."

50:8
"Remove out of the midst of Babylon, and go forth out of the land of the Chaldeans..."

v19
"And I will bring Israel again to his habitation..."
v20
"In those days, and in that time, saith the LORD, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, [there shall be] none....for I will pardon them whom I reserve."