PDA

View Full Version : Doesnt the bible say..

InSchoolStudy
Jan 4th 2009, 05:24 AM
That the Anti Christ is born in europe?

I am reading a book called what in the world is going on and it pointed this out.

Short simple question.

Obama is from Hawaii ( this does not mean I support him at all )

third hero
Jan 4th 2009, 05:32 AM
Actually, that depends on what you believe the antichrist's nationality is going to be. Some believe that the man of sin will be from Europe, Rome to be exact. Others believe that he will come from the middle east.

I believe that the Man of Sin can come from anywhere, and can be from any nationality.

InSchoolStudy
Jan 4th 2009, 07:03 AM
Okay disregard what I said then, some one told me that the Bible said he was from Europe specifically.

sarahgrace
Jan 5th 2009, 04:38 AM
Okay disregard what I said then, some one told me that the Bible said he was from Europe specifically.

Most believe he will come from the former Roman Empire which did encompass a large part of Europe, the U.K. and some of the Middle East. That's a lot of real estate! :rolleyes:

Bing
Jan 5th 2009, 10:59 AM
Those who believe in a human being called the Antichrist (or The Beast) will point out that he appears to grow out of the Fourth Beast (from Daniel 7) which is assumed (in conjunction to Revelation 17:10, and the beast that "is" during the writing of John's prophecy) to be Rome.

Many therefore await the resurgence of a Roman Empire, with the Antichrist at its head, a view that was (and is) especially popular with those who see danger in the Roman Catholic church.

Micah and Isaiah (and Ezekiel a little) talk about "The Assyrian" in many passages that some futurists believe to be eschatological, which would make the Antichrist Middle Eastern - Assyria was centred on Iraq, but also at various times owned the territories of the modern nations of Israel, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, parts of Saudi Arabia, parts of Turkey and even the western areas of Iran.

Again, Nebuchadrezzar is seen by many futurists as a type of the Antichrist; as a Babylonian, his domain covered largely the same areas as Assyria. Antiochus Epiphanes is probably the clearest image of Antichrist that the Bible gives us (Daniel 11), and was a Seleucid Greek, operating broadly across the Holy Land, extending his activity south to Egypt and north to Asia Minor.

Finally Ezekiel 28 addresses an individual known as "The King of Tyre" (historically a fellow named Ethbaal) in language that makes it seem as if this king is a pseudonym for the Antichrist, or even for Satan. Tyre is in Lebanon.

Most of these regions are heavily Islamic. Islam certainly falls under the category of antichrist described in the book of 1 John, and even those Christians who do not believe in a coming man named the Antichrist would admit that this false religion is certainly antichrist (with an emphasis on it being aAn impersonal spirit of deception rather than an individual). Thus it is common for an Islamic Antichrist to be suggested by many (see Joel Richardson for one of the most prolific recent examples of theologians espousing this view).

The Bible tells us little concrete about his identity, and passages about him are often contented to be symbolic (such as Zechariah's description of the "Idol Shepherd" whose right arm is withered and whose right eye is darkened, or Paul's description of the "Man of Sin" who blasphemes God from within the temple, or the description of the Beast in Revelation 13).

What is for certain, if any man could be said to be antichrist, or an Antichrist, or the Antichrist, is that he will deny that Jesus is the Christ (1 John 2:22) and that Jesus did not come in the flesh (1 John 4:3). In order to keep from being deceived, you must get hold of a solid christology. Learn that Jesus is God, and that He is in the Father and that the Father is in Him, and you will not succumb to this spirit (or this man). Learn to put your hope in Jesus, and worship Him, and you will not have to worry about whether the antichrist is Assyrian or Iraqi or Catholic or Islamic or Protestant or the latest celebrity or president or pope.

DurbanDude
Jan 5th 2009, 11:45 AM
What is for certain, if any man could be said to be antichrist, or an Antichrist, or the Antichrist, is that he will deny that Jesus is the Christ (1 John 2:22) and that Jesus did not come in the flesh (1 John 4:3). In order to keep from being deceived, you must get hold of a solid christology. Learn that Jesus is God, and that He is in the Father and that the Father is in Him, and you will not succumb to this spirit (or this man). Learn to put your hope in Jesus, and worship Him, and you will not have to worry about whether the antichrist is Assyrian or Iraqi or Catholic or Islamic or Protestant or the latest celebrity or president or pope.

True, Bing.

In these forums we often have these detailed debates, but all will be clearly revealed in its correct time. It won't be the those with a detailed knowledge of eschatology that understand the truth best, it will be those who stay close to Jesus.

dan
Jan 19th 2009, 06:43 AM
True, Bing.

In these forums we often have these detailed debates, but all will be clearly revealed in its correct time. It won't be the those with a detailed knowledge of eschatology that understand the truth best, it will be those who stay close to Jesus.

...Say that the knowledge of The Word is staying close to Christ. But, whatever.

The Bible says that all prophecies that come true are of God. With that in mind, there is one that is reportedly from George Washington that says the troubles of the last days will come from:

..."And taking water from the ocean, he sprinkled it upon Europe, Asia and Africa. Then my eyes beheld a fearful scene: From each of these countries arose thick, black clouds that were soon joined into one. Throughout this mass there gleamed a dark red light by which I saw hordes of armed men, who, moving with the cloud, marched by land and sailed by sea to America. Our country was enveloped in this volume of cloud, and I saw these vast armies devastate the whole country and burn the villages, towns and cities that I beheld springing up...From George Washington's Vision