PDA

View Full Version : Yeah I say I trust him but do I really?

JesusReignsForever
Jan 4th 2009, 08:46 AM
How do you just forsake all and just trust God truly? I say I trust God but im not sure if I 100% do...how can I change that?

servantsheart
Jan 4th 2009, 09:13 AM
It may take a lightening bolt or the darkest day in your life, but one day you will turn to God because you have seen and learned for yourself that you can not live this life of your own accord.
We mess it up more times than not. It is only in giving our life to God that we gain it for eternity.
For some of us it was a hard lesson to learn. Many are still fighting against letting God be the Lord of their life. But until we invite Him into our hearts and ask Him to take control and lead us in everything, then we are still trying to maintain control. It is of no use to do so.
We must acknowledge our weakness and that we are mortal men. The only way to peace, contentment, and a secure knowledge that God has all the answers, is to totally want to give your life to Him.
When you do you will no longer ask the question: "Have I given myself totally over to God"? Your thoughts and actions will take on a new Christ like appearance. Your mind and heart will be changed forever.
Everyone around you will be asking what has caused the change in you. And you will want everyone around you to have what you have just found...what you have just been blessed by God to want for your life through His will, His love for you and His plan for your life.
Make Jesus the Lord of your life today.

Slug1
Jan 4th 2009, 09:36 AM
How do you just forsake all and just trust God truly? I say I trust God but im not sure if I 100% do...how can I change that?For me it was understanding and finally seeing how God was answering my prayers. For example, I work in a federal position and when I applied for this job I was called 48 hours later and asked if I was still interested :rolleyes:, ummm YEAH! This job had God's hand on it and somewhere in the praise forum I fully explained just how involved God was in this.

Also, answering prayers to the point that several times over the past 2 years I received Words for me and told either over the phone or in person and when I listened to what God told them, it was an answer to my prayer.

So when God is so involved in my life and as I see how He's involved in my friend's lives (I've received Words for a few of them)... not trusting is hard.

My wife quit her job to go into ministry at our church and when she told me she was gonna quit I told her that it was cool. It was obvious God was moving her that way and even with less income our lives have been blessed and we really never changed anything except allow God to remove the wants in our heart and we enjoy the needs that He provides for us.

Prayer for me has been what has caused me to trust God. I never knew what intimacy was, what a relationship with God was until I asked Him one day what it was to surrender. Not say, "I surrender" but actually mean it. Three days later He began to answer that prayer and on that day I was on my knees crying for about 45 minutes as I surrendered stuff I held and stuff I thought I had given to Him. It just poured out of me and this continued for about 2 weeks every 2nd or 3rd day and He taught me what surrender was... this resulted in my 100% trust in Him. Now I understand what a relationship with God is as He will have it, not the way I will have it.

I had said I surrender but did I really... I now can say yes and I can also say I trust God 100%. I've seen what obedience can do in a persons life and I've experienced what obedience will do in my life just as I have experienced what disobedience will do in my life. I've had God reach out, pick me up and drop me back on the path and kick me in the butt to get me going in the right direction... I can't not trust anymore.

markdrums
Jan 4th 2009, 09:54 AM
I was going to mention "obedience" as well. Slug1 gave a great explanation on that!

That's really how we show our trust.... through obedience. Just like an every day Parent/Child relationship.
When I was a child, I trusted that my parents knew a little better than I did, so I was obedient & followed their rules, suggestions, guiadance... etc. (well, MOST of the time.. ;) ...)

But when I DID obey & trust them I stayed OUT of trouble, stayed safe, & was also rewarded.

It really does come down to obedience. Although I admit it's not always easy......but it's always well worth it.

JesusReignsForever
Jan 4th 2009, 10:24 AM
ook so submitting and being obedient...they go hand in hand. Being obedience is one of my down falls....im not very obedient. More things to work on...thanks for the answers.

Slug1
Jan 5th 2009, 11:33 AM
ook so submitting and being obedient...they go hand in hand. Being obedience is one of my down falls....im not very obedient. More things to work on...thanks for the answers.Something I learned... you want to be able to trust God... then first allow God to be able to trust you by being obedient to His will, always.

ServantofTruth
Jan 5th 2009, 01:04 PM
I don't think any of us will ever get to 100%, but it's the right target.

Be in the Word of God as often as you are able, 2 or 3 times a day. In my daily reading (I've mentioned it on a couple of topics :D) , a couple of days ago I was reading Psalm 1 and just loved verse 2.

but who delights in the law of Yahweh
and murmers his law day and night.

I've been reading the bible for 10-11 years since coming to faith. But that reading has changed, developed. I now spread it through the day and it keeps me in God's Wisdom throughout the day. Often I read morning, afternoon and bed time.

Then while I do other things, where ever I am, I am pondering God's Word. It's harder to go against God's Will, if it is constantly in the front of your mind.

God bless, SofTy.