PDA

View Full Version : Why am i being judged?

CjSoReLFoReaL
Jan 5th 2009, 03:09 AM
Why am i still being judged even though christ pardon me from my sins? Am i being judged on the same level as a none-believer?

karenoka27
Jan 5th 2009, 03:14 AM
1 Corinthians 3:11-13-"For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is."

God has given each believer gifts at the moment of his/her salvation. We are to use these gifts. There will come a time when we will be at what is called the Bema seat. It is not a place of judgement, but of reward or accountability.
We will all give an account for the life we lived as believers.
For some our deeds will come forth as gold and for others having not used what God gave us will burn as wood,hay and stubble.

It is not a judgement like what will occur at the Great White Throne.:hug:

Butch5
Jan 5th 2009, 03:20 AM
Why am i still being judged even though christ pardon me from my sins? Am i being judged on the same level as a none-believer?

Because we are not ultimately saved until the Judgment. When you were saved you past sins were forgiven. From your baptism on you are to endure to the end. This is the judgment.

kenrank
Jan 5th 2009, 03:30 AM
Because we are not ultimately saved until the Judgment. When you were saved you past sins were forgiven. From your baptism on you are to endure to the end. This is the judgment.

You know Butch, you make a good point many overlook. We are not ultimately saved until his return.

Peace.
Ken

Chimon
Jan 5th 2009, 05:26 AM

You are not being judged like a nonbeliever, but God has given the Church certain authority to make some judgments (in love and knowledge and discernment) about Christians (but not nonbelievers.)

Check out 1 Corinthians 5 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20cor%205;&version=47;) for a better explanation.

crossnote
Jan 5th 2009, 06:19 AM
We know one thing we are no longer to be judged in the sense of eternal condemnation.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
(Joh 5:24)

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
(Rom 5:1)

And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(Rom 5:16-18)

reformedct
Jan 5th 2009, 05:24 PM

not trying to nitpick but dont many verses say he forgives us of all sin? "there sins and lawless deeds i will remember no more"
"by one offering he has perfected forever them that are being sanctified"

Colossians 2

13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, 14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. 15 He disarmed the rulers and authorities [2] (http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=Colossians+2#f2) and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him. [3] (http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=Colossians+2#f3)

Jesus paid our full debt on the cross. Our "tab" with all of our sin debt was nailed to the cross.

TrustingFollower
Jan 6th 2009, 01:17 AM
Your sins are forgiven, but did you testify for Christ in your words and deeds. That is the judgment we as believers all have to undergo on the day of our judgment at the judgment seat of Christ.

2 Corinthians 5

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Did the testimony we portray to the world mean anything or did we do what we do for our own pride.

Matthew 7

22 "Many will say to Me on that day, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?
23 "And then I will declare to them, `I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.

Firstfruits
Jan 6th 2009, 09:38 AM

That depends on if you are doing the same as an unbeliever.

As I do not know what you are being judged for that is all I can say at this time.

Firstfruits

Butch5
Jan 6th 2009, 09:58 PM
Reformed---not trying to nitpick but dont many verses say he forgives us of all sin? "there sins and lawless deeds i will remember no more"
"by one offering he has perfected forever them that are being sanctified"

Colossians 2

13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, 14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. 15 He disarmed the rulers and authorities [2] (http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=Colossians+2#f2) and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him. [3] (http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=Colossians+2#f3)

God will forgive all sins. However, that doesn't mean He has alreaady done so. Look at the verse you quoted in Colossians here, it is past tense.
When Paul was writing that letter, God had forgiven all of their sins. However, they did not yet have their future sins. All of the sins they had committed up to the point that Paul was writing this letter were forgive, that was all the sins they had.

Reformed---Jesus paid our full debt on the cross. Our "tab" with all of our sin debt was nailed to the cross.

What debt?

Firstfruits
Jan 7th 2009, 04:29 PM

Just to add to what I have said we will all be judged by the gloirious gospel.

Rom 2:16 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=45&CHAP=2&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=16) In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Rom 16:25 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=45&CHAP=16&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=25) Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

God bless you!

Firstfruits

thethinker
Jan 13th 2009, 12:13 AM

A believer cannot be judged again. There is no such thing as "double jeopardy" under God's new covenant.

"There is therefore, NOW no judgment to those who are in Christ Jesus" (Rom. 8:1).

walked
Jan 13th 2009, 12:09 PM
There is only one Judge of your salvation and eternal destiny, and that is the only judge you should regard, heed and submit to when it comes to your promised salvation and eternal destiny, for only one has been given the authority to judge in that area, and that one is Christ Jesus Emanuel.

There are many judges given the authority and right to judge your actions and behaviors and those many have been given that right and authority by God to judge in those area's, BUT Christ is the only one given the right and authority to judge your eternal destiny.

It is so popular a term "I'm being judged by others" If you are being judged for your actions or behavior by others, then you are either being corrected or the others are trying to mislead you.
On the other hand: If your eternal salvation is being judged by others then don't worry about it you have no reason to be concerned over it, for there is only one Judge of your eternal salvation, and that Judge is Christ Jesus Emanuel.

If you are following/disciplining yourself to Christ Jesus and His teachings, then you are already judge perfect and righteous now and your eternity is secure.
On the other hand: all men who are in a position to judge your actions and behaviors have been given that authority by God, even the church (the body of Christ), even your neighbors, even the unsaved have the authority and right to judge your actions and behaviors, BUT none of them can judge your eternal destiny......... rest assured and be thankful !