PDA

View Full Version : Every Day Is A Fresh Start

TBONE61
Jan 5th 2009, 05:02 PM
John 14:9 (New King James Version)

9] Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Every Day Is A Fresh Start

Our Lord, when He walked the Earth, was God in the Flesh the visible manifestation of the invisible Father. Every miracle that our Lord performed and every word that He uttered came from His relationship with the Father. If we really think about it, our lord's words in John 14 are shocking, for He is saying that when we accept Him as our Savior, we immediately have a personal relationship with the Father/God! It Must follow then, that if we have the kind kind of relationship with Christ that He had with His Father, we will become more and more Christ like as we mature in our Christian faith. The New Testament writers understood this clearly. Jesus goal is to conform us to His perfect image and example. The Father won't settle for less.

FOR TODAY: God matures us because He loves us. Every day is a fresh start.

JesusMySavior
Jan 5th 2009, 05:58 PM
AMEN brother! May He continue to grow us in faith and grace. Amen.

angelwind
Jan 5th 2009, 07:13 PM
This "being conformed to the image of Christ"...thing :hmm:

It has been really hitting me deeply lately...God is not interested in making me just a little bit better...I am to be completly, totally changed...inside and out to be like His Son...wonderful, yet awesome...only He can do it...it was His plan from eternity...to present me holy and blameless before Him in Christ...:pp

To Him alone who does great things!!!! His mercy endures forever. :saint:

turtledove
Jan 5th 2009, 10:11 PM
As I read this devotional I am reminded of this scripture passage.---------

"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." [II Corinthians 3:18 (NIV)

MercyChild
Jan 11th 2009, 08:49 PM
Your devotions is a blessing for me. We are not perfect, but yet forgiven!:hug:

hdmyg228
Jan 12th 2009, 05:05 AM
Why would anyone need that much velcro? These guys sell it by the roll http://www.liangdianup.com/miscellaneous_1.htm and is
hook and look and velcro the same thing?