PDA

View Full Version : Blame Game ...Lame?

oscarkipling
Jan 6th 2009, 02:28 PM
Are people (humans) ever to blame for anything? if so when? If not why?

ServantofTruth
Jan 6th 2009, 03:09 PM
I hope this helps you in your long search for Jesus Christ. :) It is good to see genuine seekers approaching the same issue from so many different angles.

I am guilty/ to blame for my sin. Someone who hears the gospel and rejects it, is to blame for rejecting God's Son Jesus Christ. Luckily we all have the gift of God made flesh, Jesus Christ, to save us.

May I soon be able to take the love I have for you as a genuine seeker and make that a love for another believer, bless you, SofTy. :pray:

markdrums
Jan 6th 2009, 03:28 PM

Absolutely!

Anytime we make a willful choice, we are responsible for it... whether good, bad, or indifferent.

However, to point out something humans are NOT to blame, nor are we responsible for..... "Global Warming".
(Mainly because it's a false theory.)
And.... in reality, the Earth is actually experiencing a COOLING trend.
*go figure*

Back in the 70's we were warned of an impending "Ice-Age" looming on the horizon....

;)

oscarkipling
Jan 6th 2009, 03:39 PM
I hope this helps you in your long search for Jesus Christ. :) It is good to see genuine seekers approaching the same issue from so many different angles.

I am guilty/ to blame for my sin. Someone who hears the gospel and rejects it, is to blame for rejecting God's Son Jesus Christ. Luckily we all have the gift of God made flesh, Jesus Christ, to save us.

May I soon be able to take the love I have for you as a genuine seeker and make that a love for another believer, bless you, SofTy. :pray:

thanks servant of truth

oscarkipling
Jan 6th 2009, 03:52 PM
Absolutely!

Anytime we make a willful choice, we are responsible for it... whether good, bad, or indifferent.

However, to point out something humans are NOT to blame, nor are we responsible for..... "Global Warming".
(Mainly because it's a false theory.)
And.... in reality, the Earth is actually experiencing a COOLING trend.
*go figure*

Back in the 70's we were warned of an impending "Ice-Age" looming on the horizon....

;)

hahahagagaga now I have no idea what sort of vehicle you drive but when I read this post all I could imagine was some fictitious version of you stepping out of your rare amazonian hardwood door to go to work dressed in your finest endangered panda fur coat and only to have 4 hippies toss paint on it and chain themselves to your brand new SUV to lower your carbon footprint...promptly after you arrive to work at Exxon you insert this scathing rebuke of global warming into first thread you come across regardless of its relevance to show those petuli smelling tree huggers who'e boss.....cmon' its kinda a funny right. anyhow thanks

markdrums
Jan 6th 2009, 04:04 PM
hahahagagaga now I have no idea what sort of vehicle you drive but when I read this post all I could imagine was some fictitious version of you stepping out of your rare amazonian hardwood door to go to work dressed in your finest endangered panda fur coat and only to have 4 hippies toss paint on it and chain themselves to your brand new SUV to lower your carbon footprint...promptly after you arrive to work at Exxon you insert this scathing rebuke of global warming into first thread you come across regardless of its relevance to show those petuli smelling tree huggers who'e boss.....cmon' its kinda a funny right. anyhow thanks

You must have spies watching me!!! How'd you guess???
LOL!!! But yeah, your reply was pretty darn good! :) I enjoyed it!!

But it's the truth... we ARE responsible for our choices......
and then there are things like the weather, that we have no control over.

I could have used hurricanes or blizzards as an example... but it wouldn't have been as fun for either of us.
;)

tango
Jan 6th 2009, 05:30 PM

It's a very modern malaise to assume nobody is responsible for anything - if something good happens we take the credit, if something bad happens we look for someone else to blame. It's actually a very immature life outlook, if we do something stupid we need to accept responsibility for what we have done.

So on that basis I am responsible for every single sin I have committed in my life. That's not a great thought, but that's the way it is. I can't confess and repent of sin unless I acknowledge that I did it in the first place, and unless I accept that I did it and nobody made me do it then saying sorry for doing it is a bit of an empty exercise.

NKJV Bible text in bold, my own words in regular text in parentheses:

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin (i.e. we deny we sinned, or deny responsibility for it), we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins (i.e. we accept we are sinners, and accept responsibility for our sins), He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

oscarkipling
Jan 6th 2009, 07:22 PM
It's a very modern malaise to assume nobody is responsible for anything - if something good happens we take the credit, if something bad happens we look for someone else to blame. It's actually a very immature life outlook, if we do something stupid we need to accept responsibility for what we have done.

So on that basis I am responsible for every single sin I have committed in my life. That's not a great thought, but that's the way it is. I can't confess and repent of sin unless I acknowledge that I did it in the first place, and unless I accept that I did it and nobody made me do it then saying sorry for doing it is a bit of an empty exercise.

NKJV Bible text in bold, my own words in regular text in parentheses:

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin (i.e. we deny we sinned, or deny responsibility for it), we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins (i.e. we accept we are sinners, and accept responsibility for our sins), He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

thank you tango for your answer

Dani H
Jan 7th 2009, 04:50 AM
You can only ever be fully held accountable for something you a) knaw better and b) have control over.

So if you're 30 years old and you understand how basic bowel functions work and how toilets work and what is expected, and you have a toilet nearby and you choose instead to leave your pile on my kitchen floor for whatever reason short of a medical issue such as a seizure or other physical breakdown, then yes, I am going to hold you responsible and make you clean it up and then swiftly show you to the door, never to return again.

Which is why those who know better and choose to disobey anyway, will be dealt with accordingly. If you're ignorant, then you're ignorant. If you have the ability and opportunity to educate yourself, then a claim of ignorance no longer holds water because now there is a choice that comes into the mix, which you have full control over.

oscarkipling
Jan 7th 2009, 08:08 AM
You can only ever be fully held accountable for something you a) knaw better and b) have control over.

So if you're 30 years old and you understand how basic bowel functions work and how toilets work and what is expected, and you have a toilet nearby and you choose instead to leave your pile on my kitchen floor for whatever reason short of a medical issue such as a seizure or other physical breakdown, then yes, I am going to hold you responsible and make you clean it up and then swiftly show you to the door, never to return again.

Which is why those who know better and choose to disobey anyway, will be dealt with accordingly. If you're ignorant, then you're ignorant. If you have the ability and opportunity to educate yourself, then a claim of ignorance no longer holds water because now there is a choice that comes into the mix, which you have full control over.

thanks for your answer Danihansen

Gregg
Jan 7th 2009, 03:30 PM
If it was pretty, loud, shiney, or made me feel good I wanted it. I was the poster boy for sneaky sin. Does satan come into play, sure. Do I place all blame on him, no. He has footprints on his back where I ran him over trying to get to the feel good. I am so grateful that God has forgiven me and is changing me. I am sinful and need a Savior, I got one and am forgiven. Praise the Lord. I like my life so much better walking in the Lord.

matthew7and1
Jan 7th 2009, 04:08 PM
yes. always. people make thier own choices. they are responsible for the consequences.

oscarkipling
Jan 7th 2009, 05:08 PM
If it was pretty, loud, shiney, or made me feel good I wanted it. I was the poster boy for sneaky sin. Does satan come into play, sure. Do I place all blame on him, no. He has footprints on his back where I ran him over trying to get to the feel good. I am so grateful that God has forgiven me and is changing me. I am sinful and need a Savior, I got one and am forgiven. Praise the Lord. I like my life so much better walking in the Lord.

thanks for that Gregg

oscarkipling
Jan 7th 2009, 05:09 PM
yes. always. people make thier own choices. they are responsible for the consequences.

thank you very much tayariswif

Drums4Him
Jan 12th 2009, 02:40 PM

Sure they are, from devestating wars that kill millions of people down to their own personal and moral decisions.

By the way, I love your avaitars. I recognize the man in your current one, Edgar Allen Poe, but not the two men you had pictures of before him. Keep them coming!

oscarkipling
Jan 13th 2009, 11:18 PM
Sure they are, from devestating wars that kill millions of people down to their own personal and moral decisions.

By the way, I love your avaitars. I recognize the man in your current one, Edgar Allen Poe, but not the two men you had pictures of before him. Keep them coming!

thanksfor your answer midyrvette...my last two were buckminster fuller and Kurt Godel...Mr.Poe is my way of rooting for my football team... the only thing the terrible towel is going to be good for this weekend is wiping away the tears.

markinro
Jan 14th 2009, 12:32 AM

Jesus said "I set before you life and death. You choose". We are each responsible for our own choices.