PDA

View Full Version : The Forgotten Message to the Church and the World

copper25
Jan 6th 2009, 03:14 PM
Proverbs 10:17) He is in the way of life that keepeth instruction: but he that refuseth reproof erreth.

“But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof; I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh”. Because reproof was not heard, nor even considered, when destruction comes, what would happen? “When your fear cometh as desolation”, what is the world to do? The word is not hidden, just waiting to be opened. Yet society as a whole rejects it and despises the word through action. Presumptuous sin (Numbers 15:30-31), is despising the word of God and without heeding the words “that proceedeth out of the mouth of God”, can one prosper spiritually and be fruitful? “Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.” So how critical is it for us to have ears to hear and eyes to see what God’s word means, “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” Can we or society function right correctly without heeding the word, no: This is why so much immorality, wickedness, and corruptive behavior is conducted in today’s world.

“The fear of the Lord prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.” “The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.” But people in today’s world have forgotten what it means to fear the Lord, to flee from evil, to avoid the soul consuming face of iniquity, sin and transgression. “But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off.” “When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever”. “But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off.” Now how can any transgressor, worker of inequity, or sinner(habitual sinning), inherit the kingdom of God or ever have eternal life.

Lukewarm teachings of modern day Christianity say, try you best because no one is perfect, not emphasizing on just how critical fleeing from iniquity and immorality is. And we know that no lawless, disobedient, ungodly person, nor sinner(habitual sin), nor unholy, nor profane person shall inherit the kingdom of God because they are all still under the law. “for the sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law”, so therefore no one under the law has eternal life and do you realize just how broad those actions are that keep someone under the law? Ungodly, unholy, and disobedient covers a whole wide range of sin. Name a presumptuous sin that would not fall under one, if not all of those categories. You can’t because every presumptuous sin will fall under one of these categories. Therefore we have a painfully long list of thing as Christians we should not do.

Wickedness means immorality; anything that is immoral will fall under this category. “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.” “Whooever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.” “Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed” and as it is written, “I have refrained my feet from every way of evil, that I may keep thy word.”

HisLeast
Jan 6th 2009, 03:19 PM
Things brings up an interesting question.
Where is the hope in the NT?

kenrank
Jan 6th 2009, 04:35 PM
Things brings up an interesting question.
Where is the hope in the NT?

I would have to ask you, where isn't the hope?

Peace.
Ken

theBelovedDisciple
Jan 6th 2009, 05:56 PM
My Hope is in Him alone.. and nothing else.. To see His face... to see Him return literally and physically to rule the nations In Rightouesness ..... My Hope is in Him.... and as He promised.. He promises to 'return' Just as He left.. on the 'clouds'.. and this time on His 2nd Advent........ He is coming in all Power and Glory... as the King of kings and Lord of lords....

tt1106
Jan 6th 2009, 06:18 PM
No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

My hope is in the one who strengthens me.

moonglow
Jan 6th 2009, 06:26 PM
Proverbs 10:17) He is in the way of life that keepeth instruction: but he that refuseth reproof erreth.

“But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof; I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh”. Because reproof was not heard, nor even considered, when destruction comes, what would happen? “When your fear cometh as desolation”, what is the world to do? The word is not hidden, just waiting to be opened. Yet society as a whole rejects it and despises the word through action. Presumptuous sin (Numbers 15:30-31), is despising the word of God and without heeding the words “that proceedeth out of the mouth of God”, can one prosper spiritually and be fruitful? “Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.” So how critical is it for us to have ears to hear and eyes to see what God’s word means, “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” Can we or society function right correctly without heeding the word, no: This is why so much immorality, wickedness, and corruptive behavior is conducted in today’s world.

“The fear of the Lord prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.” “The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.” But people in today’s world have forgotten what it means to fear the Lord, to flee from evil, to avoid the soul consuming face of iniquity, sin and transgression. “But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off.” “When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever”. “But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off.” Now how can any transgressor, worker of inequity, or sinner(habitual sinning), inherit the kingdom of God or ever have eternal life.

Lukewarm teachings of modern day Christianity say, try you best because no one is perfect, not emphasizing on just how critical fleeing from iniquity and immorality is. And we know that no lawless, disobedient, ungodly person, nor sinner(habitual sin), nor unholy, nor profane person shall inherit the kingdom of God because they are all still under the law. “for the sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law”, so therefore no one under the law has eternal life and do you realize just how broad those actions are that keep someone under the law? Ungodly, unholy, and disobedient covers a whole wide range of sin. Name a presumptuous sin that would not fall under one, if not all of those categories. You can’t because every presumptuous sin will fall under one of these categories. Therefore we have a painfully long list of thing as Christians we should not do.

Wickedness means immorality; anything that is immoral will fall under this category. “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.” “Whooever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.” “Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed” and as it is written, “I have refrained my feet from every way of evil, that I may keep thy word.”

I think you need to look at the first church that the disciples started...yes they too were full of sin and corruption! Just read Paul's many letters trying to get them back on the straight and narrow. To say this has been forgotten...and its why things are 'so bad' now, is forgetting history where things were as bad as they are now! The struggle in our churches has always been a battle field...I believe scripture address why on that.

Also this message has not been forgotten because we hear it in our churches and see it on here and many other places on the net, over and over and over again as to how corrupted the churches/Christians are....:(

This of course doesn't mean its nothing to be concerned about. Of course it is...I just get weary of people acting like this has never been a problem until now and it 'must mean we are in the end times'...(though you didn't mention that part yet, but likely someone will).

I think for the most part, most Christians are doing the very best they can IN Christ...a little encouragement sometimes acknowledging this would be nice once in awhile though.

God bless

slightlypuzzled
Jan 6th 2009, 06:38 PM

You paint a broad swath that just does not leave any discernible trail that leads us anywhere. Sin for Christians is dealt with in 1John1:9, when we sin we confess it to the Father and He forgives. Grace applied to a confessing heart always leaves eternal hope from Him...

kenrank
Jan 6th 2009, 06:55 PM
My Hope is in Him alone.. and nothing else.. To see His face... to see Him return literally and physically to rule the nations In Rightouesness ..... My Hope is in Him.... and as He promised.. He promises to 'return' Just as He left.. on the 'clouds'.. and this time on His 2nd Advent........ He is coming in all Power and Glory... as the King of kings and Lord of lords....

That was kind of my question to HisLEast. Not only the NT, but all 66 books are filled with nothing but hope for those who seek and love YHWH.

Peace.
Ken

theBelovedDisciple
Jan 6th 2009, 07:06 PM
That was kind of my question to HisLEast. Not only the NT, but all 66 books are filled with nothing but hope for those who seek and love YHWH.

Peace.
Ken

Amen!... Our Hope is in Him..and I personally long for that day.. when I can see Him face to face and thank Him for what He has done...

HisLeast
Jan 6th 2009, 07:57 PM

Then how come after posts like this I always feel so hopeless?

Did I completely miss the point?

kenrank
Jan 6th 2009, 10:00 PM

Did I completely miss the point?

Maybe I am not getting yours. Can you clarify what it is that makes you feel that way before I respond. I "think" I understand, but I am not sure.

Peace.
Ken

Walstib
Jan 7th 2009, 01:18 AM

Maybe because the cross is never mentioned....

But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.(Gal 6:14 NKJV)

Peace in hope,
Joe

reformedct
Jan 7th 2009, 02:45 AM
This is the biggest flaw in many judgemental churches.

instead of focusing on the love and forgiveness of sin in Christ,

they focus on YOU YOU YOU

YOU better not do this
YOU better not do that
Its all on YOU
Its all in YOUR hands so dont mess up

at the end of the day you feel hopeless because Jesus is never mentioned

these churches usually focus on old testament texts that are never mentioned in the NT like Lamentations and Ezekiel and stuff like that.

IMO the only OT texts that are crucial to the new covenant are the ones that are mentioned in the NT

they also tend to focus on Revelations lol

basically a scare tactic instead of showing people how to love Jesus

no need to scare people. If you love me, you will keep my commandments. The issue is love. So dont be afraid of people who quote Ezekiel 33 to try to get you to straighten up. Its not in your hands. You are in Gods hands

yes we must turn from sin, but more importantly we should learn to love Jesus. To know Him is to love Him. Yes we must turn from sin but guess what? Its God at work in us to will and to do to His good pleasure. God will help us overcome we are not on our own. We dont have to grit our teeth and grind out holiness. God will cause us to walk upright

amazzin
Jan 7th 2009, 02:48 AM
What does this mean? Please elaborate

..........So dont be afraid of people who quote Ezekiel 33 to try to get you to straighten up. Its not in your hands. You are in Gods hands

reformedct
Jan 7th 2009, 02:51 AM

lol what i am saying is that there are some people who will take a random text from the OT and try to scare you into being more holy. What i am saying is that as the Bible says we are in the hands of God meaning we are not by ourselves and we dont need to be scared into obeying but rather God will help us to live holy. All the pressure is not on us to be holy. I am in no way saying it is OK to sin. I am saying that it is God who gives us power over sin thats all. We overcome sin by learning to learn God. When we see how good He is we see how stupid and worthless sin is

reformedct
Jan 7th 2009, 02:52 AM

lol what i am saying is that there are some people who will take a random text from the OT like Lamentations and try to scare you into being more holy. What i am saying is that as the Bible says we are in the hands of God meaning we are not by ourselves and we dont need to be scared into obeying but rather God will help us to live holy. All the pressure is not on us to be holy. I am in no way saying it is OK to sin. I am saying that it is God who gives us power over sin thats all. We overcome sin by learning to love God. When we see how good He is we see how stupid and worthless sin is

The key to victory is seeing how much more powerful, awesome, and glorious God is. Once we see that sin will look dull and ugly and we will delight in His law.

amazzin
Jan 7th 2009, 02:54 AM
lol what i am saying is that there are some people who will take a random text from the OT like Lamentations and try to scare you into being more holy. What i am saying is that as the Bible says we are in the hands of God meaning we are not by ourselves and we dont need to be scared into obeying but rather God will help us to live holy. All the pressure is not on us to be holy. I am in no way saying it is OK to sin. I am saying that it is God who gives us power over sin thats all. We overcome sin by learning to love God. When we see how good He is we see how stupid and worthless sin is

The key to victory is seeing how much more powerful, awesome, and glorious God is. Once we see that sin will look dull and ugly and we will delight in His law.

wow, not sure I agree with that 100%. I need to know how God enables us to live a Holy life?

Walstib
Jan 7th 2009, 04:18 AM
God will cause us to walk upright

Well that would take all the guilt away... if we are indeed robots.

Is it then His fault when I stumble?

I have a confession to make. I want to fear God more... without being afraid.

Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.(2Co 7:1 NKJV)

But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, "Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid." (Mat 14:27 NKJV)

Peace,
Joe

Sirus
Jan 7th 2009, 05:07 AM
wow, not sure I agree with that 100%. I need to know how God enables us to live a Holy life?he just kills you
crucified
dead

dead men can't sin

Strength from Him
Jan 7th 2009, 05:56 AM
"It teaches us to say "no" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope--the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good." Titus 2:12-14 I can't wait! Either alive or in death.

Strength from Him
Jan 7th 2009, 06:20 AM
wow, not sure I agree with that 100%. I need to know how God enables us to live a Holy life?
"...But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." John 14:26 "....He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior,......" Titus 3 5-6 Being indwelled with the power of the Holy Spirit. (and prayer and reading the Bible)

theBelovedDisciple
Jan 7th 2009, 10:52 PM

Its through 'knowing' Him and thru the Work of the Holy Ghost.. If I'm going to rely on my 'own power' or 'own methods'... I'll fail... and will fail.. but thru Him and thru His Spirit.. then yes... this is How He enables...