PDA

View Full Version : If you had to choose a favorite book of the bible

fontz
Jan 7th 2009, 03:53 AM
what would it be? maybe its just me but certain books so minister to my heart.

My favorite book is Joshua..you can definetely see the salvation of God in this book to His people however what seems to stand out most to me is the victory we have in God when we love, fear and follow His word. No matter how big the obstacles seem through God we are victorious! :pp

kenrank
Jan 7th 2009, 04:00 AM
I don't know why, but I have always liked John. An OT choice would be Isaiah.

Peace.
Ken

HisLeast
Jan 7th 2009, 04:05 AM
Job

"Bad stuff happens. The wicked sometimes prosper. The righteous sometimes suffer. You may never know why, it may not even be because you sinned, but you are to be righteous anyway"

karenoka27
Jan 7th 2009, 04:18 AM
I love 1 Samuel. It's where the people want a king over them instead of God.
I love how God allows the people to have a king but He is still in control. He chose Saul and later David.
It reminds me that no matter what happens in this world...our God is still in control! I never get tired of reading it.

TRL1957
Jan 7th 2009, 04:33 AM
My all time favorite is, Psalms. It ministers to my heart on so many levels.

slightlypuzzled
Jan 7th 2009, 04:49 AM
I have always like the two books Galatians and Ephesians. They tell us of God's eternal purpose in Christ, of the true lineage of faith and of us as God's true temple where He dwells in His Spirit. It is the hope that reaches back into eternity past, and walks into eternity future demonstrating to all the Powers and Principalities the Might and Wisdom of God Almighty.

markedward
Jan 7th 2009, 05:08 AM
Hebrews; it provides a great amount of teaching regarding Christ and the covenants.

crossnote
Jan 7th 2009, 06:39 AM
Let's hear it for OBADIAH!!!
jes kidding:rofl:

John, Romans, Hebrews... choices, choices, choices.

shepherdsword
Jan 7th 2009, 06:57 AM
Ephesians
It speaks of God's eternal purpose

scourge39
Jan 7th 2009, 08:01 AM
OT: Psalms
NT: Revelation

Friend of Jesus
Jan 7th 2009, 08:12 AM
Romans, because it has given me the revelation of being a son of God

ServantofTruth
Jan 7th 2009, 08:38 AM
I'd have to chose a gospel first, as a foundation. Probably Matthew, but it would be hard and close with John.

Then 1 Corinthians.

In the Old Testament - I've always felt drawn to Job. But could I not have Genesis again as a foundation.

If I focused, personally, more on what book or books I thought I could do without, then perhaps they should be brought to the top of my study list until I learn the value of them. God's word, every book and chapter has value - it's just harder for me to see it in some places than others. May the Spirit of our God, show me the deep value of all scripture and bring out finer points to show me his Will/ Wisdom and help me apply it in my life. God bless, SofTy.

chad
Jan 7th 2009, 08:57 AM
OT: Genesis
NT: Hebrews.

Bethany67
Jan 7th 2009, 01:47 PM
OT: Habakkuk or Joel.
NT: John or 1 Peter.

Gregg
Jan 7th 2009, 01:53 PM
I like Proverbs for OT and Romans for NT.

graceforme
Jan 7th 2009, 02:55 PM
I've always enjoyed Chronicles ..... NOT! lol

I particulary enjoy Ephesians and Romans. My pastor suggests that we read Ephesians 2 and Romans 8 every day.

fontz
Jan 7th 2009, 03:24 PM
Let's hear it for OBADIAH!!!
jes kidding:rofl:

John, Romans, Hebrews... choices, choices, choices.

I was just studying in Obadiah last week, small book but just confirmation God is always with us :)

Emanate
Jan 7th 2009, 03:43 PM
Ecclesiastes and James

matthew7and1
Jan 7th 2009, 03:59 PM
I LOVE Ruth, Proverbs, Song of Solomon. I love Psalms, Job is my OT runner up.
For New Testament I would have to say that I love the Corinthians because of the fact that Paul makes it clear that anyone can be a christian. Anyone can change thier birthright and inherit the mantle of Christ.

Mo!
Jan 7th 2009, 04:12 PM
Nehemiah and James. I love how Nehemiah always expanded his boundaries and pushed limits. James reminds us who's trip we are on and what really matters.

Yukerboy
Jan 7th 2009, 06:58 PM
I would say John followed by Romans.

Can you have a least favorite? Is that blasphemic?

If it isn't, then Hebrews followed by Revelation.

crossnote
Jan 8th 2009, 06:09 AM
I still think the Book of Concordance is up on the list. (It sorta ties the others together).:B