PDA

View Full Version : Ephesians 1:6

saved and know it
Jan 8th 2009, 05:28 AM
"...wherein He hath made us acceptd in the Beloved."

I have come to love this verse among many others in God's Word. As one meditates on it, the beauty and glory of its truth warms the soul. Once I was 'dead in trespasses and sins' and on my way to hell but when I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour and Lord, God placed me in Christ. Prior to salvation each of us were in our sins but now we are in Christ!
God sees us in Christ. The truth of the matter is that God's loves us not for what we are but despite what we are. We have a perfect and righteous standing before God - in Christ. Dear christian let this sink into the depth of your soul. Yes, we fail and we sin as children of God but that never changes our standing before God. It breaks harmony and communion with our Lord and through confession (not to a earthly priest or any other person) but to our Heavenly High Priest - Lord Jesus Christ - we are restore to communion and enjoyment with God. We often hear, christians are not perfect just forgiven. It's true. Let me hasten to say that our forgiveness which is past, presence and future doesn't give us licence to sin. Romans 6:1- 6 deals with that but dear christian always remember that even when we sin, God still loves us. Even when other christian frown or turn from us, our heavenly Father still has His eye upon us. "The Father Himself loveth you". We are His children. None of us alive are in Heaven as yet and we don't know what lies ahead of us but whatever happens God's love to us will never change. Our acceptance with God will never be altered or withdrawn. Never, ever!!! He gave His only begotten Son to die for us.
Never been discouraged or think wrong about yourself. We never have to feel inferior to others, we are accepted in Christ. Each one of us are precious individuals to God. The Creator of heaven and earth has accepted us, in Christ. If others don't accept us for whatever reason, God has. Imagine, God - the Almight God of heaven and earth cares about you! If we were told today that the Queen of England or some other great exemplary person (as an example) loved us and accepted us for what we are and desired to shower blessings on us, we would be tickled to death so to speak. One much greater than any human on earth, loves us and desires to shower blessing after blessing upon us. Just because we are His children. Just because His Son died for us at Calvary. Just because He loves us. Each day, lift your voice in thanksgiving and praise to God for His love and your acceptance in Christ. Meditate on it. When the way is dark, remember He loves you. The trial may be hard and difficult but we have a Man in glory Who is touched with the feelings of our infirmities. He was despised and rejected of men. He suffered the contridiction of sinners against Himself. He was crucified, nailed to a cross, for who? For you!
The Lord bless you!

Diebamted21
Jan 10th 2009, 04:38 PM
I draw particular comfort from:

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand"

Diebamted21

saved and know it
Jan 11th 2009, 01:56 AM
I draw particular comfort from:

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand"

Diebamted21

Yes this is a blessed truth. It is lovely to hear the voice of the Shepherd and better to follow Him. Eternal life thrills my soul. Never to be separated from Him throughout all eternity. Safe and secure in His hand and in the Father's hand. Praise be unto God !

angelwind
Jan 11th 2009, 03:48 PM
I often meditate on Eph 1:6...having just really begun to understand my salvation and the gospel...knowing I am chosen, accepted in the Beloved...just because it pleased the Lord to do so...just because of the His grace and mercy extended to me...I merited nothing but punishment for my sins...and he chose to call me into fellowship with His Son...

It often breaks up the hard ground of my heart...brings on the tears of thanksgiving...and just draws me to Him more and more.

Thank You Lord for Your amazing grace.