PDA

View Full Version : How much did the Father love the Son?

Partaker of Christ
Jan 8th 2009, 02:37 PM
John 15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

This is a verse that just blows me away.

How much did the Father love the Son?

Jesus said: "So have I loved you"

There are many important threads, but from a negative view. I thought that perhaps we could start and look at some positive verses.

Walstib
Jan 8th 2009, 03:04 PM
Thiiiis much 4986

EDIT: to go in line with another thread... 1000 times 1000

Joe King
Jan 8th 2009, 03:07 PM
Much more than we can imagine. I still have a hard time accepting that Jesus loves us as much as the father loves him. We don't deserve it.

Walstib
Jan 9th 2009, 01:22 AM
Well this thread does deserve some verses....

Nevertheless the Lord your God would not listen to Balaam, but the Lord your God turned the curse into a blessing for you, because the Lord your God loves you. (Deu 23:5 NKJV)

But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for "the just shall live by faith." Yet the law is not of faith, but "the man who does them shall live by them." Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree"), that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. (Gal 3:11-14 NKJV)