His glory...

or us?

:rolleyes:

Emanate
Jan 9th 2009, 02:37 PM
what does 'God loves his glory' mean?

Brother Mark
Jan 9th 2009, 02:47 PM
I see no scripture that says God loves his glory. Many folks don't even know what God's glory is.

Thaddaeus
Jan 9th 2009, 03:13 PM
I should do as eveyone else has and leave this one alone , But i have a question. What kind of question is this?

reformedct
Jan 9th 2009, 03:36 PM
I should do as eveyone else has and leave this one alone , But i have a question. What kind of question is this?

What i mean by glory is does God find it more important that He be glorified or that we be loved. NOthing too deep here just surface level questions

tt1106
Jan 9th 2009, 03:40 PM
What i mean by glory is does God find it more important that He be glorified or that we be loved. NOthing too deep here just surface level questions

God loves, he doesn't love anything more or less.(Becuase he loves us, he hates sin) Ours is a question of purpose not position.

Brother Mark
Jan 9th 2009, 03:42 PM

We know that God is love as stated in 1 John. So what does 1 Cor. 13 tell us about love?

Love does not seek it's own.

God is not self centered. ;)

What does it mean for God to be glorified? I think once that is settled, a very good answer can be given.

Friend of I AM
Jan 9th 2009, 03:45 PM
His glory...

or us?

:rolleyes:

I think his glory is basically a manifestation of his Love for mankind...as demonstrated through his son.

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father full of grace and truth.

I don't think God needs our love to glorify himself though, if that's what you are asking. I'm sure he does like to have it though. Actually come to think of it, our love..or the "agape" love we have for God comes from him anyway..as it states in scripture "we love him" because he first loved us.