PDA

View Full Version : Could someone explain

fontz
Jan 10th 2009, 05:23 PM
amil, premil and all these other terms yall are using..i guess i shoulda picked an easier part of the forum to prowl around in :hmm:

ScottJohnson
Jan 10th 2009, 06:07 PM
amil, premil and all these other terms yall are using..i guess i shoulda picked an easier part of the forum to prowl around in :hmm:
The study of eschatology or end times study is broken up into three categories. Pre-millennialism, Post-millennialism and A-millennialism. The "millennium" refers to a global thousand year reign of Messiah as found in Rev 20. The "pre", "post" or "a" prefixes refer to the point in history when it is believed that Christ will return.

Pre-millennialism simply means that Christ will return prior to the thousand years reign.

Post-millennialism means that Christ's return will be after the the thousand years reign.

A-millennialist does not believe that the thousand years spoken of in Rev speaks of a literal 1,000 year time period but views it more as specific but indefinite period of time.

Generally speaking most orthodox views of end time studies, i.e. "pre-trib rapture", "mid-trib" rapture, "post trib" rapture, preterism etc, will fall under one of these three categories.

DeafPosttrib
Jan 10th 2009, 06:37 PM
Premill believes Revelation 20 of a thousand years will be a literal exactly length period of reign on earth at the Second Coming after Tribulation period.

Postmill believes the Church have been dominioning over the earth with power and glory for length period between first and second advent. In other words, they believe Church is revolutionlize the world into better or perfect state. It is samiliar as what full preterism teaching that Christ already came in year 70 A.D. as the Church is changing the world into perfect state. But at the end of the age, it will be very brief of apostasy prior Second Coming.

Amill believes that we are now in a realizing millennial period, since Christ victory over Satan, and had given the keys to the Church to spreading the gospel over the world for a length period ("1000 years") could be last 2,000 or 3,000 years prior Second Coming. While Church is reigning with Christ in heaven, the conditions in the world is curently increasing worst climax toward Second Coming and futre coming great tribulaiton priorSecond Coming.

I hope that you understand what I am try my best as I can to define on three positions of millennial.

In Christ
Rev. 22:20 - Amen!

fontz
Jan 10th 2009, 07:49 PM
thanks for the replies..i don't feel quite as lost now :)