PDA

View Full Version : Does divroce or put away =adultery?

child_of_light
Jan 10th 2009, 09:34 PM
Is divorce and put away mean the samething?

How does Jesus view those we marry after their divorced or put away?

How do we repent and sin no more after we have been remarried?

Followtheway
Jan 10th 2009, 10:22 PM
They dont mean necissarily the same thing, but you are allowed to divorce for the reason of adultry. Under those circumstance you may or may not be allowed to marry after adultry, but if one of them dies than its for sure that you can remarry. Now if the person was not a believer and remarried and now is a believer than you are fine to stay married.

ServantofTruth
Jan 10th 2009, 10:24 PM
I read some relevent verses with my children tonight.

Mark 10:11-12 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultary against her.
And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultary. KJV

Mark 10:11-12 He told them, 'A man who divorces his wife and marries someone else is unfaithful to his wife. A woman who divorces her husband and marries again is also unfaithful.' CEV

These different translations show that divorce and put away are the same thing.

These verses seem to show clearly how Jesus views it.

How do we repent and sin no more? (after we have been remarried) I put the last bit in brackets because I feel it is not relevent. It will not affect how we repent and sin no more.

I ask all posters please to not turn this into a pro/ cons of remarriage. Meet each person with only love and encouragement. We stand firm in the Words of Jesus, Paul and the whole of the bible. God bless, SofTy.

matthew7and1
Jan 10th 2009, 10:35 PM
I don't know if this is OK to post, but if "put away" means "divorce" and you shouldn't divorce and re-marry..
and your husband divorces you and re-marries, should you always be single until he dies?

ServantofTruth
Jan 10th 2009, 10:42 PM
This topic does not belong in Christian Answer as the person has registered as a believer. To the original poster - child_of_light - this forum is for genuine seekers, non Christians to ask questions.

It's an easy mistake, made quite often by new members of the forums. :) The moderators will very quickly move the topic to the right forum probably New in Christ or Maturing in Christ and we'll be able to get our teeth into it and help you.

God bless, SofTy.

Followtheway
Jan 10th 2009, 10:47 PM
that depends on 2 things one being if the scripture allows you to remarry after a divorce and the other being if that person commited adultry. Its can get very confusing with it because its not very clear if its even ok to remarry after a divorce from adultry. There is however the support that when two marry they become one flesh and also that the Lord doesnt want anyone to divorce, but because of the many sins of Isreal the Lord had Moses allow it.