PDA

View Full Version : Because i'm on dialup this week...

fontz
Jan 12th 2009, 02:35 AM
I was just wondering if there is a place here in the forum for those of us rather new to terminology(for lack of the correct word..no offense) that you guys use in here...
Examples:
Premillennialism? Postmillennialism? Amillennialism? Historicism? Partial-Preterism? Idealism? Pre-trib Dispensational Premillennialism? Post-trib Dispensational Premillennialism? Mid-trib Dispensational Premillennialism? Revivalist Postmillennialism? Reconstructionist Postmillennialism? (i copied and pasted those from another thread)

i had premil, postmil, and amil explained to me and thanks very much by the way...but is there a way to maybe post a topic in here somewhere that kinda explains what all this means? If its here and I've missed it sorry..if not it would so help those like me who have no clue what all this means..and i would look em all up myself but being on dialup it would take forever :lol:

Alyssa S
Jan 12th 2009, 03:21 AM
Are you sure you want to know??!!! :lol:

I can only handle one and my head is swimming!!!!!!!!!!!!! But you have a good question. I'm sure someone will come along who can answer this question.

God bless,
Alyssa

fontz
Jan 12th 2009, 03:40 AM
Are you sure you want to know??!!! :lol:

I can only handle one and my head is swimming!!!!!!!!!!!!! But you have a good question. I'm sure someone will come along who can answer this question.

God bless,
Alyssa

:eek: i'm brave..and yes my head was swimming as well...but many things in here confuzzle my brain...now next week when i'm back to high speed i can have my dictionary going as i go thru posts :lol:

jeffweeder
Jan 12th 2009, 06:00 AM
When i first got my computer and started coming to these message boards, I didnt know all these terms either.Ive been alone 90% of my Christian life, and just read the bible.
I soon realised that certain scriptures about the end times are understood in different ways, and this has developed different scenarios on what will happen in the future.
This is not what i expected, as i humbly read the scriptures and had developed my own understanding............yet others who love the Lord like I do, get another revelation of what it means.

Dear Fontz, what category do you see yourself in, as you humbly read the scriptures?
Those terms placed me in the Amill bracket, but i never knew it had the title Amill, but if i was to categorise my understanding of what i have read, then Amill is the closest one.

Fact is that promised to come..........and he will.
I dont care when, how ..........But he is going to come again.soon.

fontz
Jan 12th 2009, 06:57 PM
When i first got my computer and started coming to these message boards, I didnt know all these terms either.Ive been alone 90% of my Christian life, and just read the bible.
I soon realised that certain scriptures about the end times are understood in different ways, and this has developed different scenarios on what will happen in the future.
This is not what i expected, as i humbly read the scriptures and had developed my own understanding............yet others who love the Lord like I do, get another revelation of what it means.

Dear Fontz, what category do you see yourself in, as you humbly read the scriptures?
Those terms placed me in the Amill bracket, but i never knew it had the title Amill, but if i was to categorise my understanding of what i have read, then Amill is the closest one.

Fact is that promised to come..........and he will.
I dont care when, how ..........But he is going to come again.soon.

Hi Jeff,
I guess as to my understanding the terms that were explained to me in another post my understanding would be premill..as long as that means i believe the millennial reign will come after our Lord returns to earth. I absolutely believe he gives believers dominion over things in the earth now, but to me the millennial reign with the evil one being bound will be quite literal.
For 1000 years during Christ being on this earth there will be no evil until the evil one is one again released for a time. One thing that constantly jumps out at me in scripture is timing, (obvious i know) and how 7 or multiples of seem to have such significance. Imho the evilness of the world will continue for 6 days (6000 years) and the 7th day will be a day of rest or the millenial reign.

I suppose there are all different terms for as to when the rapture will occur as well...as to that we all know there will be one, I just pray the Lord spare us the last 3.5 years of the great tribulation. It is obvious there will be believers on the earth once the evil ones puppet is in power due to those refusing to take the mark of the beast are martyred..what a scary time this will be in history..Thank God for His saving grace that will always be sufficient for us :pray:

Partaker of Christ
Jan 12th 2009, 11:04 PM
I once put a post in 'suggestions' forum. I asked if it were possible to have a glossary section for these words.
There are a lot of new Christians, and a few old ones like me, and never heard of some of these words.

fontz
Jan 12th 2009, 11:25 PM
quite a good idea...i guess i missed the suggestion topic tho..musta been all those long words i don't understand :D

Joe King
Jan 13th 2009, 05:40 AM
This would be helpful! Please let it happen!

Prophecy Countdown
Jan 13th 2009, 08:08 PM
quite a good idea...i guess i missed the suggestion topic tho..musta been all those long words i don't understand :D

Hi fontz, good subject and to show how much I don’t know what does ‘Imho’ mean please?

Also hi to you Partaker of Christ, I hope that idea of finding this stuff out on a ‘glossary section’is taken up.
I remember a post that had a list of this stuff and detailed explanations but were that convoluted I got lost.
I remember a fellow calling me a ‘futurist?’
Well it would be nice to have a short sharp to the point answer on all this because I haven’t a clue as to what on earth I’m talking about.:help:
I hope and pray that our Lord returns soon.
PC.

quiet dove
Jan 13th 2009, 10:30 PM
Hi fontz, good subject and to show how much I don’t know what does ‘Imho’ mean please?

Also hi to you Partaker of Christ, I hope that idea of finding this stuff out on a ‘glossary section’is taken up.
I remember a post that had a list of this stuff and detailed explanations but were that convoluted I got lost.
I remember a fellow calling me a ‘futurist?’
Well it would be nice to have a short sharp to the point answer on all this because I haven’t a clue as to what on earth I’m talking about.:help:
I hope and pray that our Lord returns soon.
PC.

IMHO = in my humble opinion.

I know when I first joined the board I had no idea what these abbreviations were and actually, we are to not get to carried away with them, but some are acceptable, such as IMHO. It is just a nice way to put forth our dogmatic opinions. :lol:

Prophecy Countdown
Jan 14th 2009, 12:23 AM
IMHO = in my humble opinion.

I know when I first joined the board I had no idea what these abbreviations were and actually, we are to not get to carried away with them, but some are acceptable, such as IMHO. It is just a nice way to put forth our dogmatic opinions. :lol:

Thank you quiet dove, now you have told me I’m thinking, ‘how dumb of me that I couldn’t figure that out? :giveup:

PC.

quiet dove
Jan 14th 2009, 03:58 AM
Thank you quiet dove, now you have told me I’m thinking, ‘how dumb of me that I couldn’t figure that out? :giveup:

PC.

Trust me, I know that feeling well. :lol:

fontz
Jan 14th 2009, 04:12 AM
ah sorry i have seen that one used on here and happen to be familiar with it..but give me dispensation and :o

oops forgot to add I posted about that in the suggestion forum..my brain needs all the help it can get