PDA

View Full Version : Adam & Eve question

sunsetssplendor
Jan 12th 2009, 06:07 PM
Was Eve already inside of Adam when God created him? I attended a home bible class where the host said Eve was inside of Adam when God created them. Referenced verse Gen 1:27

God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them

I've never heard of this before so was wondering what is your take?

BrckBrln
Jan 12th 2009, 07:09 PM
Genesis 1 tells how God created both man and woman in the image of God. Genesis 2 goes deeper and tells us how the woman came about, that is, from one of Adam's ribs. Eve was never inside Adam like a baby is inside a woman.

theBelovedDisciple
Jan 12th 2009, 07:20 PM
Genesis 1 tells how God created both man and woman in the image of God. Genesis 2 goes deeper and tells us how the woman came about, that is, from one of Adam's ribs. Eve was never inside Adam like a baby is inside a woman.

I concur with BrkBrln... and that Eve was fashioned from one of Adam's Ribs... God made Adam go into a deep sleep and He took one of Adam's ribs and made Eve........Eve was not a baby... and if she was how would Adam give birth? lol Adam didn't give birth but Eve was formed from one of Adam's ribs....

sunsetssplendor
Jan 12th 2009, 09:57 PM
Okay, I thought so. Thanks.

Sirus
Jan 13th 2009, 03:00 AM
This is from the JFB Commentary
Eph 5:30 -
For — Greek, “Because” (1Co_6:15). Christ nourisheth and cherisheth the Church as being of one flesh with Him. Translate, “Because we are members of His body (His literal body), being OF His flesh and of His bones” [Alford] (Gen_2:23, Gen_2:24). The Greek expresses, “Being formed out of” or “of the substance of His flesh.” Adam’s deep sleep, wherein Eve was formed from out of his opened side, is an emblem of Christ’s death, which was the birth of the Spouse, the Church. Joh_12:24; Joh_19:34, Joh_19:35, to which Eph_5:25-27 allude, as implying atonement by His blood, and sanctification by the “water,” answering to that which flowed from His side (compare also Joh_7:38, Joh_7:39; 1Co_6:11). As Adam gave Eve a new name, Hebrew, “Isha,” “woman,” formed from his own rib, Ish, “man,” signifying her formation from him, so Christ, Rev_2:17; Rev_3:12. Gen_2:21, Gen_2:23, Gen_2:24 puts the bones first because the reference there is to the natural structure. But Paul is referring to the flesh of Christ. It is not our bones and flesh, but “we” that are spiritually propagated (in our soul and spirit now, and in the body hereafter, regenerated) from the manhood of Christ which has flesh and bones. We are members of His glorified body (Joh_6:53).