PDA

View Full Version : Jesus ability to sympathize with us

reformedct
Jan 13th 2009, 05:05 PM
I am not so sure about my position on this but let me try to explain what im looking for...

Jesus was fully God and fully man. I belive that although being fully God, He actually subjected Himself to EVERYTHING that mankind experiences. For example he grew in knowledge and such. I believe that all of His miracles were done by the power of the Holy Spirit, not because He was just pretending to be a man but really had a big S on his chest underneath his robe lol

So my question is this. If Jesus was fully man, operating out of the Spirit, how could He forgive sin on earth while He was here? Wouldnt that kind of be like cheating? lol i dont know what its like to actually be able to forgive peoples sins literally lol. MAybe He also forgave sin and stopped the seas by the power of the Spirit also??

karenoka27
Jan 13th 2009, 05:11 PM
We are called to forgive sins as well:
Matthew 6:14-"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

Jesus said that He does what the Father tells Him to do. He had the authority to forgive sins.Though He walked among us, He did so with no sin.

Matthew 9:6-"But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins...." Then he said to the paralytic, "Get up, take your mat and go home."

timmyb
Jan 13th 2009, 05:16 PM
I am not so sure about my position on this but let me try to explain what im looking for...

Jesus was fully God and fully man. I belive that although being fully God, He actually subjected Himself to EVERYTHING that mankind experiences. For example he grew in knowledge and such. I believe that all of His miracles were done by the power of the Holy Spirit, not because He was just pretending to be a man but really had a big S on his chest underneath his robe lol

So my question is this. If Jesus was fully man, operating out of the Spirit, how could He forgive sin on earth while He was here? Wouldnt that kind of be like cheating? lol i dont know what its like to actually be able to forgive peoples sins literally lol. MAybe He also forgave sin and stopped the seas by the power of the Spirit also??

just because he was a man didn't mean he cast away his divinity he was fully God and fully man... as a man he had all the equipment that we did even though he was still God... and all the things he walked in as a man he has given to us to walk in as men (John 14:12)... just as we are tempted, he was tempted too...

theBelovedDisciple
Jan 13th 2009, 05:36 PM

He forgave sin because He was God.. God in the flesh..

fully man..... fully God.. He never 'lost' or put aside His diety or divinity at all.. no not once.. He did not become 'un God'...

yet He had feelings, emotions just like you and I... If you read there was a man who was sick of the palsy... they brought him to Jesus to be healed and when Jesus 'saw' their faith.. He said Son your sins are fogiven you.. Now the religous elite who had been 'watching' Jesus percieved in their hearts and mumbled amongst themselves..

'this man blasphempeth.. Only God can forgive sins...

Jesus perceived their thoughts and said.... which one of these is easier?

to say your sins are forgiven... or 'to rise up and walk'..

Jesus then turned to His accusers and said..

that ye may 'know' that the Son of Man hath power to forgive sins on this earth.....

this man had been sick for along time.. and Jesus told him to

'arise and walk home'.. and he did.. Jesus Healed the paralytic..

Jesus forgave sins because He was God... and He proved He was God by the Signs and Wonders and Mighty Works God the Father did thru Him...

but yet people still did not believe.. and later He would tell these accusers..
If you don't believe on Me.. believe on the works that I do.. so that you may know that I'm in the Father and the Father is in Me.. I can nothing but what the Father does..

reformedct
Jan 13th 2009, 05:43 PM
He forgave sin because He was God.. God in the flesh..

fully man..... fully God.. He never 'lost' or put aside His diety or divinity at all.. no not once.. He did not become 'un God'...

yet He had feelings, emotions just like you and I... If you read there was a man who was sick of the palsy... they brought him to Jesus to be healed and when Jesus 'saw' their faith.. He said Son your sins are fogiven you.. Now the religous elite who had been 'watching' Jesus percieved in their hearts and mumbled amongst themselves..

'this man blasphempeth.. Only God can forgive sins...

Jesus perceived their thoughts and said.... which one of these is easier?

to say your sins are forgiven... or 'to rise up and walk'..

Jesus then turned to His accusers and said..

that ye may 'know' that the Son of Man hath power to forgive sins on this earth.....

this man had been sick for along time.. and Jesus told him to

'arise and walk home'.. and he did.. Jesus Healed the paralytic..

Jesus forgave sins because He was God... and He proved He was God by the Signs and Wonders and Mighty Works God the Father did thru Him...

but yet people still did not believe.. and later He would tell these accusers..
If you don't believe on Me.. believe on the works that I do.. so that you may know that I'm in the Father and the Father is in Me.. I can nothing but what the Father does..

thanks, this helps clear up some things

theBelovedDisciple
Jan 13th 2009, 05:51 PM

Jesus was a man.. a human being, He was God in the flesh... He has feelings, emotions, just like you and I... He has been tempted in every way we are tempted.... and He is able to 'sympathize' with us when we are tempted .. and He is ABLE to succour those who are tempted.. and if and when you fail temptation He is there to pick you back up again and set you on the right path..

Jesus got mad.. He was emotional.. He experienced joy and laughter..He was compassionate and Merciful.... He experienced physical pain.. very much so.. in His crucifixtion.. even when He was beaten to a bloody pulp.. almost unrecognziable.. He was tempted and Yet did not sin....

He even felt the 'sting' of rejection.. Can you imagine God coming to His own people and own creation and then 'they' not 'knowing' Him? Being blind and hard hearted... wow... but thru all these temptations and feelings.. He still conquered and gained the Victory... over the devil, death, hell and the grave...... He did this so that when we 'experience' these things.. He can 'sympathsize' and 'stregthen' those who are going thru that experience... Great is the Mercy and Grace of God .. that He would humble Himself and come to this earth and put on flesh... so that He could help those who are His... What a Great God we serve! Amen and amen..