PDA

View Full Version : Will Jesus always be a man for eternity?

reformedct
Jan 14th 2009, 01:22 AM
The Bible says He will come as He left. So when Jesus returns will He still be in a human form? and after we are in heaven will He remain in human form forever? Even though He has a glorified body it would be amazing that God the Son would forever live in the form of a human if He did! how humble is that? Being God and humbling yourself in the likeness of man?

theBelovedDisciple
Jan 14th 2009, 01:35 AM
I agree that He has a glorified body.. and I also believe that the 'nail' prints in His hands and feet and the wounds from the Crown of Thorns.. along with the scar from the sword that Pierced His side.. will always be visible.. forever... for a REMINDER to those who Love Him and those He loves.. to Remind them of the Great Love He had .. by laying down His life... I for one want to see them.. I want to touch and see those scars.. and say LORD, Thank you for what you did....

God did Humble Himself... and became a man.. God put on flesh.. Stepped out of Heaven and came down to Save His people... that's Humility... and we did not deserve it... Its His Great Salvation and its His Unmerited Grace and Mercy.. Amen and amen..

Maranatha Lord Jesus.........

timmyb
Jan 14th 2009, 01:36 AM
Well, to be a faithful high priest and mediator between God and man, he would have to be a man... he ate food as a man but angels and the Father does not (see Psalm 50)...

Jesus didn't choose to be a man only to cast it off... he will always be a man even for eternity and his body will still bear the scars... what humility! what love! I weep when I think of it...

theBelovedDisciple
Jan 14th 2009, 01:45 AM
Well, to be a faithful high priest and mediator between God and man, he would have to be a man... he ate food as a man but angels and the Father does not (see Psalm 50)...

Jesus didn't choose to be a man only to cast it off... he will always be a man even for eternity and his body will still bear the scars... what humility! what love! I weep when I think of it...

Amen.. so do I... The Humility... is mindboggling...and it brings to Light that its true... that its not that we loved God first.. but that He FIRST LOVED US...... His Crucifixtion was LOVE IN ACTION! amen and amen..

crossnote
Jan 14th 2009, 07:13 AM
Yes I agree, but shucks, to be a little more precise ...throughout eternity He will be fully God / fully man. And we will be fully amazed trying to figure that out throughout eternity. :B (just another example that the gospel isn't just 'milk').

revrobor
Jan 14th 2009, 07:24 AM
Jesus will always be the physical manifestation of God as it is the only way we can see Him. The Bible teaches us that we cannot look upon God the Father. And our eternal home will not be Heaven but the New Earth God is going to create. And Jesus will be the light for the new Earth. Read Rev. 21.

Rocking horse
Jan 14th 2009, 11:31 AM
This is a very interesting question and to be honest, I've never thought about it before. In my minds eye I picture Jesus in Heaven as a man, don't know what my idea of the Father is, the Holy Spirit is visualise as dove. But I really don't know what it will be like. Don't really know what Heaven will be like, parks and gardens, etc etc...that seems a bit simplistic to me...so I don't think it will be like that....I guess we'll all just have to wait and find out.

Joe King
Jan 14th 2009, 01:10 PM
This is a very interesting question and to be honest, I've never thought about it before. In my minds eye I picture Jesus in Heaven as a man, don't know what my idea of the Father is, the Holy Spirit is visualise as dove. But I really don't know what it will be like. Don't really know what Heaven will be like, parks and gardens, etc etc...that seems a bit simplistic to me...so I don't think it will be like that....I guess we'll all just have to wait and find out.

I believe that God the father will have the form of a man. I believe that his likeness is that he chooses to be in that form and created us in that image. I also believe that we are not able to look directly at God and see his face because his light is that brilliant and we can't handle it.

I read pastor Jesse Duplantis' book on Heaven. He claims to have gone to heaven. What he describes makes a lot of sense to me. He said that the Father is seating on the throne and that Jesus walks in and out of the Father. It was a very interesting and uplifting read.

Rocking horse
Jan 14th 2009, 01:28 PM
This guy reckons Jesus walks....in and out...of the Father...mmmm, that's interesting....well, I guess we'll find out when the time comes. And what about the Holy Spirit, is He just a flame of fire above their heads, or a dove that flies around Heaven all day !!!

Joe King
Jan 14th 2009, 04:30 PM
This guy reckons Jesus walks....in and out...of the Father...mmmm, that's interesting....well, I guess we'll find out when the time comes. And what about the Holy Spirit, is He just a flame of fire above their heads, or a dove that flies around Heaven all day !!!

That was the most hilarious part of it. Jesse said he asked the angel where the Holy Spirit was and the angel said to him "he's on the earth!". Jesse said he felt really dumb right then:lol:

thethinker
Jan 14th 2009, 10:31 PM
I agree that He has a glorified body.. and I also believe that the 'nail' prints in His hands and feet and the wounds from the Crown of Thorns.. along with the scar from the sword that Pierced His side.. will always be visible.. forever... for a REMINDER to those who Love Him and those He loves.. to Remind them of the Great Love He had .. by laying down His life... I for one want to see them.. I want to touch and see those scars.. and say LORD, Thank you for what you did....

God did Humble Himself... and became a man.. God put on flesh.. Stepped out of Heaven and came down to Save His people... that's Humility... and we did not deserve it... Its His Great Salvation and its His Unmerited Grace and Mercy.. Amen and amen..

Maranatha Lord Jesus.........

BD,
What is your take on Paul's assertion that the resurrection body is a "spiritual" body? And what about Paul's statement that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God"?

It seems to me that these statements infer that Jesus rose from the dead unglorified. I want to suggest to you that Christ's glorified body cannot have holes in it. He rose from the dead with the holes from the nails that pierced completely through His body. They were more than scars.

He therefore rose from the grave in the same broken body inwhich He was crucified. We know that it was broken and not merely scarred for He told Thomas to thrust his hand INTO His side. This strongly suggests that His body was still broken and not merely scarred. Holes don't close up and turn into scars in three days.

I think that Jesus' body was transformed when He went to heaven and the holes are gone. Paul said that our bodies will be transformed "like unto His glorious body". So the holes must be gone because there is nothing "glorious" about a body that has holes in it.

God bless,
thinker

theBelovedDisciple
Jan 15th 2009, 12:02 AM
So the holes must be gone because there is nothing "glorious" about a body that has holes in it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I guess one would have to decide if there was anything glorious about a humble Carpenter hanging on a bloody tree ... beaten and bruised... supposedly a King... the Son of Man.. God in the flesh... even Jesus's disciples didn't understand fully about the Crucifixtion and that He was to arise 3 days later.. men's wisdom would tell u that is ridiculous.. its foolisheness.. there is no 'glory' in that... OR WAS THERE??? I'll let you decide..

What doesn't look 'glorious' to the human eye.. or the human understanding.. .... maybe God considers to be 'GLORIOUS'? If God didnt want His Son to be nailed to a tree and full of holes because it wouldnt be 'glorious' or look 'glorious'....... Do you think He would of did it another way?

Man's ways are not God's ways.. and man's understanding is not God' s understanding... thats because the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. Some people think the 'cross' is foolishness... others it is a 'stumblingblock"...... This is why the Jews rejected their Messiah the first time.. they didn't recognize Him because they had 'their' own ideas and theology of who and what He would be like... they had their own idea of what kind 'glory' their Redeemer would appear in..

When He comes the 2nd time in Power and Glory.. men will tremble in fear and they will try to hide in the hills... and also.. those 'who' pierced Him... will also look upon Him as He returns... How would you look upon someobody you have pierced if there is no outward 'evidence', on His Glorified body.... how would you 'know' that He was even pierced...

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they [also] which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

I believe He will bear those scars.. even in His Glorified Body.. because what you and I would consider 'unglorious'... God would consider very Glorious...

------------------------------------------------------------------

Take a look at these scriptures in Hebrews... those called in Faith... what where there characteristics?

And others had trial of [cruel] mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and [in] mountains, and [in] dens and caves of the earth.

The world and its wisdom and the wisdom of men would look down on these types of people.. calling them fools for their belief.. 'not glorious' at all.. but the Scritpure tells us the 'world was not worthy of them'... this giving us a somewhat understanding of what God considers to be 'glorious' and 'not very glorious'...

I appreciate the dialogue.... thanks

timmyb
Jan 15th 2009, 12:06 AM
BD,
What is your take on Paul's assertion that the resurrection body is a "spiritual" body? And what about Paul's statement that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God"?

It seems to me that these statements infer that Jesus rose from the dead unglorified. I want to suggest to you that Christ's glorified body cannot have holes in it. He rose from the dead with the holes from the nails that pierced completely through His body. They were more than scars.

He therefore rose from the grave in the same broken body inwhich He was crucified. We know that it was broken and not merely scarred for He told Thomas to thrust his hand INTO His side. This strongly suggests that His body was still broken and not merely scarred. Holes don't close up and turn into scars in three days.

I think that Jesus' body was transformed when He went to heaven and the holes are gone. Paul said that our bodies will be transformed "like unto His glorious body". So the holes must be gone because there is nothing "glorious" about a body that has holes in it.

God bless,
thinker

keep in mind... there is no mention of the stripes or the crown of thorns... but he chose to bear the scars... and forever he will bear those for all eternity... he told thomas to put his hand "in" his side... if there is nothing glorious about Jesus' scars, then please tell me what is glorious or more glorious

Rocking horse
Jan 15th 2009, 01:04 AM
BD,

God bless,
thinker

Sorry, but I find what you say in your post .....Holes don't close up and turn into scars in three days....rather funny. We're talking about a risen Lord, with a glorified body, there's nothing "normal" about that...so why can't it be "normal" for Him to have scars after 3 days. As God, I think He can do just about anything He likes. You can't restrict Him to "human" normality.

thethinker
Jan 15th 2009, 01:10 AM
keep in mind... there is no mention of the stripes or the crown of thorns... but he chose to bear the scars... and forever he will bear those for all eternity... he told thomas to put his hand "in" his side... if there is nothing glorious about Jesus' scars, then please tell me what is glorious or more glorious

Brother Timmy,
So there is no mention of the stripes and the punctures from the crown. What does that prove? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that when our Lord arose He still had the stripes on His body and the punctures on His brow.

Jesus told Thomas to "thrust" his hand into His side. His body still had the holes. Therefore, His body was STILL BROKEN. So it goes without saying that Jesus retained all other disfigurements as well, stripes and all.

Your solution that Jesus "chose" to keep some of the physical evidence of His resurrection and discard other evidence may suggest tampering with the evidence.

Jesus had to rise from the dead in the same body untampered in order to prove that He was indeed the same Jesus. But He was glorified on the way up to heaven. And He returns glorified in a body so glorious that Paul was blinded when traveling the road to Damascus!

Blessings to you and your household,
thinker

divaD
Jan 15th 2009, 01:41 AM
That was the most hilarious part of it. Jesse said he asked the angel where the Holy Spirit was and the angel said to him "he's on the earth!". Jesse said he felt really dumb right then:lol:

Well then according to this guy, since he claims to have literally visited heaven, we can conclude that the Holy Spirit is not capable of being everywhere at once. I wonder why ppl teach that He can, when Jesse just told us that He can't.

reformedct
Jan 15th 2009, 02:22 AM
Brother Timmy,
So there is no mention of the stripes and the punctures from the crown. What does that prove? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that when our Lord arose He still had the stripes on His body and the punctures on His brow.

Jesus told Thomas to "thrust" his hand into His side. His body still had the holes. Therefore, His body was STILL BROKEN. So it goes without saying that Jesus retained all other disfigurements as well, stripes and all.

Your solution that Jesus "chose" to keep some of the physical evidence of His resurrection and discard other evidence may suggest tampering with the evidence.

Jesus had to rise from the dead in the same body untampered in order to prove that He was indeed the same Jesus. But He was glorified on the way up to heaven. And He returns glorified in a body so glorious that Paul was blinded when traveling the road to Damascus!

Blessings to you and your household,
thinker

i still believe His scars are glorious in and of themselves, they forever show the great work that he has done. Its not like God cant heal those scars, but i think He will choose to keep them, we wont know for sure until he returns in all His glory

Joe King
Jan 15th 2009, 03:33 AM
Well then according to this guy, since he claims to have literally visited heaven, we can conclude that the Holy Spirit is not capable of being everywhere at once. I wonder why ppl teach that He can, when Jesse just told us that He can't.

You're right. It is a false teaching.

livingwaters
Jan 15th 2009, 05:05 AM
What ever way the Lord is, with scars or without scars, HE will always be glorified in my eyes....no matter what....HE died on that cross for ME. Thank you LORD!!!:pray:

I bet satan just laughs when he hears us talk about such things. Just being in the LORD's presence is enough!!!!! Glory to God...Hosanna in the Highest. Hallowed be THY NAME!!!!!

God bless:hug:

crossnote
Jan 15th 2009, 06:24 AM

I wouldn't have felt dumb. The answer given is questionable making the person's trip to heaven questionable.

The Psalmist has a different view.
Whither shall I go from thy Spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
(Psa 139:7-10)

thethinker
Jan 15th 2009, 09:37 AM
i still believe His scars are glorious in and of themselves, they forever show the great work that he has done. Its not like God cant heal those scars, but i think He will choose to keep them, we wont know for sure until he returns in all His glory
Hey Reformedct,
The apostle John said that one day we shall see Him as He IS for we shall be like Him". Then he said, The one who has this hope in him purifies himself".

If Jesus looks exactly the same now as He did after His resurrection, then how could John say that he too hopes to see Jesus as He is? And if my body is going to be transformed to be like Christ's glorious body then will I will keep my scars too? What does the word "transformed" in reference to the body being changed mean in your thinking?

If the body remains the same then there must be "out houses" in heaven. What is your explanation of Paul's statement "the body which is sown is NOT the body that shall be" (1 Corinthians 15:37). Jesus had to have been transformed when He was glorified. Therefore, His body cannot have any remnants of death (scars). Paul said that the body will be "changed" and become immortal. A body with "scars" is not immortal.

I don't believe that we will see a disfigured Jesus.

Thought I'd pick yur brain a little.

God be with you,
thinker

shawn_2828
Feb 10th 2009, 03:39 AM
Jesus will always be the physical manifestation of God as it is the only way we can see Him. The Bible teaches us that we cannot look upon God the Father. And our eternal home will not be Heaven but the New Earth God is going to create. And Jesus will be the light for the new Earth. Read Rev. 21.

I have a question

As of right now we can't look at God as he is, but when we are in heaven we are given a new glorified body. So, I think that when we get to heaven, we will see God as he truely is, because we will have a new body.

The diciples asked Jesus to show them the Father and he replied:

John 14:9
Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? The person who has seen me has seen the Father. So how can you say, 'Show us the Father'

So, I think that when you see God in heaven, you are seeing the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in his true form, one God.

So to see Jesus in his form in heaven, is just like seeing the Father and the Holy Spirit.

revrobor
Feb 10th 2009, 04:19 AM
I have a question

As of right now we can't look at God as he is, but when we are in heaven we are given a new glorified body. So, I think that when we get to heaven, we will see God as he truely is, because we will have a new body.

The diciples asked Jesus to show them the Father and he replied:

John 14:9
Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? The person who has seen me has seen the Father. So how can you say, 'Show us the Father'

So, I think that when you see God in heaven, you are seeing the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in his true form, one God.

So to see Jesus in his form in heaven, is just like seeing the Father and the Holy Spirit.

We will not be in Heaven. Our eternal home will be the New Earth God is going to create after He destroys this one. Jesus will be the light of the New Earth and probably headquartered in the New Jerusalem which will be suspended above that New Earth. The only ones to ever look upon God are Jesus and the angels. Read Rev. 20 - 21.

shawn_2828
Feb 10th 2009, 09:38 PM
We will not be in Heaven. Our eternal home will be the New Earth God is going to create after He destroys this one. Jesus will be the light of the New Earth and probably headquartered in the New Jerusalem which will be suspended above that New Earth. The only ones to ever look upon God are Jesus and the angels. Read Rev. 20 - 21.

But want we see God as he truely is, not just Jesus, since Jesus said that he was equal with the Father.

My heart's Desire
Feb 11th 2009, 06:07 AM
Didn't Jesus say He and the Father are ONE and if you've seen Him you've seen the Father? So, if we get to see Jesus don't we also see the Father? Or did that just apply to the disciples when Jesus was on earth? I only know one thing and that one day we will see wonders great!

shawn_2828
Feb 12th 2009, 01:34 AM
Didn't Jesus say He and the Father are ONE and if you've seen Him you've seen the Father? So, if we get to see Jesus don't we also see the Father? Or did that just apply to the disciples when Jesus was on earth? I only know one thing and that one day we will see wonders great!

Yes, this is the question that I was wondering also. To my understanding is to see Jesus is also to see the Father.

nick1004
Dec 15th 2010, 07:12 PM
Wanted to add my two cents in support of the statements that Jesus will bear the marks of the crucifixion victory throughout eternity. There is an interesting prophecy concerning the turning of Israel in Zech 12:10 "They will look on me, the one they have pierced". This passage is again quoted by Jn 19:36-37. See also Rev 1:7 "he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him". Taken at its face value these passages indicate that Jesus in His glorified body will bear the marks of the cross.
Another interesting passage to consider is that of Rev 5:6-9 "Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne" - very strong scripture indicating that Jesus in His glorified body will bear the marks of the cross.

ProjectPeter
Dec 15th 2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks for adding that but this is a bit of a blast from the past. So going to close it on those remarks. :)