PDA

View Full Version : who does satan hate more?

In Dust and Ashes
Jan 14th 2009, 05:57 PM
Ok, so I'm in this woman's small group reading a book called Captivating, which I kind'a wanna burn....

Tonight we're going over spiritual warfare and this book proposes that Satan has a "special hatred" for women because he had once been beautiful and now that he has fallen he wants to assault the "beautiful" beings--girls. That's why he came after Eve in the garden and not Adam. (see, all this makes sense *sarcasm*). He also hates her because she gives life and he brings death......

So anyway, you get the idea. I want to have something to bring to this small group that will combat these lies, but I don't know any verses that would directly show that.

If you want to know how they "prove" their points, they use Ezek. 28:12-17 to show how beautiful Satan was (so he MUST have be jealous of Eve's beauty) and then use Gen. 3:20 to show that Eve was the mother of all living things (so Satan MUST be jealous of her life giving).

Dani H
Jan 14th 2009, 06:16 PM
He hates God more. And therefore everything God has made.

Sounds like your little group is going down some rabbit trails. Maybe shoot the rabbit and get them back to things that profit instead of getting hung up on unnecessary arguments? Or perhaps find another group ...

In Dust and Ashes
Jan 14th 2009, 06:19 PM
nah, I love these girls--they're my neighbors--and I think it's important not to abandon them. Besides, they're just soaking up what these authors have written with really flowery words.

In Dust and Ashes
Jan 14th 2009, 06:20 PM
If you think this is bad, just wait till I get to the workbook chapter on "romance!" The first question involves coming up with a romantic date with God.

theBelovedDisciple
Jan 14th 2009, 06:45 PM
Hello, Intersting post.. and a good one .... thanks

First.. what makes those authors think Satan has 'lost' his beauty? yes I agree he fell.. but I find no where where it states that he lost his beauty... because of his pride... his future state will be the lake of fire.. and those that followed him.. he is called the 'god of this world'...

on the contrary.. I believe its his beauty and his ability/freedom to twist the Scriptures to his desires drawing those away from the Truth.. his beauty is what appeals to the 'flesh'... God calls us to walk in the Spirit... but he appeals to the flesh.. and the 'fleshly desires'.... and he's at liberty to do as he wants...

Its pretty evident today and was evident when Paul penned alot of the NT.. Paul said satan.. transfromed himself into 'ministers' of righteousness.. and that 'he' appears as an 'angel of light'..

Who does satan hate the most? The Scriptures will tell us that he makes 'war' against the 'Saints'.... the Elect of God... he goes out and purposely makes war against them.. these are men and women... and children...... Why? it's because of Jesus and the testimony He has given His saints... ...... but those saints....and the 'Saint's' that are alive today walking this planet.....

overcame him and will overcome him...... who? the devil, satan...

how????

by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony..

I will testitfy to the fact that satan, the devil.. has not lost his beauty...in my warfare as a born again Christian.... the tempter does not appear as this ugly hideous creature... with a pitch fork, red tail... nor does he appear as an old decrepid creature walking around with a cane.. unable to get around because of his pride... its just the opposite..

I served many years in his kingdom and was his victim and his prisoner.. but thanks be to God who has shed His Grace and Mercy abundantly upon me.. giving me 'sight' and 'vision'..... and He has taught me 'what it was' and 'who' I was delivered from....... He Truly is God in the flesh.. Jesus the Christ..

Good thread...

Joe King
Jan 14th 2009, 06:57 PM
He will be humbled and has already been defeated. It's just a matter of time.

In Dust and Ashes
Jan 14th 2009, 07:26 PM
not exactly helpful to me in this instance, but thank you.

Dani H
Jan 14th 2009, 07:54 PM
Reading this in the light of another thread ... it may be a good idea to perhaps attempt to gently steer these ladies towards regarding Christianity as a platform of service to others instead of one of self-absorption. In God's eyes, they are already beautiful and precious, they just need to accept that fact and get on with things, and focus on services to those around them in need of Him.

doubledcattle
Jan 14th 2009, 07:54 PM
Satan is out to destroy both men and women, and even boys and girls. Your group is chasing a rabbit, and it sounds like one of these big swamp rabbits down here in Mississippi.

In Dust and Ashes
Jan 14th 2009, 07:57 PM
Your group is chasing a rabbit, and it sounds like one of these big swamp rabbits down here in Mississippi.

ha! :D

(15 letters)

In Dust and Ashes
Jan 14th 2009, 07:59 PM
it may be a good idea to perhaps attempt to gently steer these ladies towards regarding Christianity as a platform of service to others instead of one of self-absorption.

well that's what I'm attempting. I just need to make sure I'm backing myself up with what's needed. They're not likely going to listen to me as easily as to this book because I haven't gotten anything published nor am I a founder of some organization and church pastor or whatnot....

HisLeast
Jan 14th 2009, 08:00 PM
Tonight we're going over spiritual warfare and this book proposes that Satan has a "special hatred" for women because he had once been beautiful and now that he has fallen he wants to assault the "beautiful" beings--girls. That's why he came after Eve in the garden and not Adam. (see, all this makes sense *sarcasm*). He also hates her because she gives life and he brings death......

You might want to double check with them... WHO exactly brings death?
I know of but one authority in that department.

I think you're right to feel wary about this. Nowhere in scripture (especially the old testament) do I see a bipolar universe whereby the bad stuff happens because of satan and the good stuff happens because of God. God causes the rain to fall on the worthy and wicked both. He is the author of blessing and calamity.

In Dust and Ashes
Jan 14th 2009, 08:11 PM
ok, heres the next thing I have to rebuttal. I posted this quote in the ladies forum. Tonight (or next week) we're going to be discussing it and the authors insist it's absolutely biblical:

"Think of one of the most romantic scenes you can remember, scenes that made you sigh. Jack with Rose on the bow of the Titanic, his arms around her waist, their first kiss. Wallace speaking in French to Murron, then in Italian: "Not as beautiful as you." Aragorn, standing with Arwen in the moonlight on the bridge in Rivendell, declaring his love for her. Edward returning for Elinor in Sense and Sensibility, and professor Behr returning for Jo at the end of Little Women. Now, put yourself in the scene as the Beauty, and Jesus as the Lover."

Right after that, the authors say that it's ok to imagine such things because Christ was called our "bridegroom" which means "lover" which means that's how he wants us to think of him.

It's pretty obvious to me that they've taken the metaphore too far, but how do I explain that.

doubledcattle
Jan 14th 2009, 08:15 PM
Back to the satan thing check out 1 Peter 5:8-9
8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 9 Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.

It says seeking SOMEONE not women. It also says that your brotherhood is experiencing the same thing throughout the world. It doesn't just say women.

In Dust and Ashes
Jan 14th 2009, 08:18 PM
It says seeking SOMEONE not women. It also says that your brotherhood is experiencing the same thing throughout the world. It doesn't just say women.

pssht. minor details. ;)

doubledcattle
Jan 14th 2009, 08:20 PM
Hey, at least it is something.

In Dust and Ashes
Jan 14th 2009, 08:23 PM
No, it's great. I back you up completely on it. All of what these authors say should really be for everyone--not just women. But they flower up the wording so much and ignore little things like WHO it's addressed to that no one pays attention.

doubledcattle
Jan 14th 2009, 08:27 PM
Yeah, you are right.

doubledcattle
Jan 15th 2009, 02:43 PM
How did it go? Didn't your group meet last night?

In Dust and Ashes
Jan 15th 2009, 04:46 PM
yeah, it actually went a lot better than I thought. We watched a DVD that goes with the book and a lady on the DVD said, "We [women] are the incarnation of a beautiful God!" My mouth dropped open and as soon as the DVD was over, I told them that there were a *few* things that I really didn't agree with. As soon as I said that, a few other girls agreed and suddenly there was a huge opening for discussion and debate and I was soooooo thankful.

A few of them gave me looks that said, "why are you trying to be difficult?" but for the most part, it was good and with the discussion, the topic got a lot deeper than it would have been if we'd just gone along with the study guide that the book has. That thing is weak!

edit: on the downside, all the discussion to try to remedy the faulty points in the book made the meeting drag on for 3 hours...............

doubledcattle
Jan 15th 2009, 04:48 PM
on the downside, all the discussion to try to remedy the faulty points in the book made the meeting drag on for 3 hours...............

Ouch!

Dani H
Jan 15th 2009, 04:51 PM
yeah, it actually went a lot better than I thought. We watched a DVD that goes with the book and a lady on the DVD said, "We [women] are the incarnation of a beautiful God!" My mouth dropped open and as soon as the DVD was over, I told them that there were a *few* things that I really didn't agree with. As soon as I said that, a few other girls agreed and suddenly there was a huge opening for discussion and debate and I was soooooo thankful.

A few of them gave me looks that said, "why are you trying to be difficult?" but for the most part, it was good and with the discussion, the topic got a lot deeper than it would have been if we'd just gone along with the study guide that the book has. That thing is weak!

edit: on the downside, all the discussion to try to remedy the faulty points in the book made the meeting drag on for 3 hours...............

It looks like you're going to have to play the role of killjoy (at least that's how it's going to be perceived) in order to keep everyone from just swallowing those things hook, line and sinker, and learning to think for themselves and expressing their own views, especially in light of Scripture. Obviously not everyone in that group is in agreement with everything taught in that book, and you're facilitating in giving them a voice, which is great. Sometimes us women can be afraid to disagree and have discussions because we want everyone to "play nice." You can disagree AND play nice, and some of us have yet to learn that.

In Dust and Ashes
Jan 15th 2009, 05:16 PM
yyyyyuuup.

Next stop: How to counter the abuse of the husband/wife metaphor. I fear what the DVD will be like if this lady thinks she's the incarnation of God.

doubledcattle
Jan 15th 2009, 05:21 PM
Does that include what you mentioned yesterday about going on an intimate date with God?

In Dust and Ashes
Jan 15th 2009, 05:29 PM
yup!

and every love scene in the movies! Because Hollywood is fantastic for telling us what our relationship with God should be like. :rolleyes:

doubledcattle
Jan 15th 2009, 05:34 PM
Heres what I have to say about that.

Example: I go see my favorite band at a big venue like a coliseum or stadium. 5 months later I go see them in a small theater. The show in the theater will be more intimate to me because I am closer and can be in tune emotionally throughout the show. That doesn't mean I'm having a sexual intimacy with the band.

I think you can parallel that to God. I don't have time right now. Going on a business lunch. Be back to continue, but it's something to think about.