PDA

View Full Version : I have a profile question

Gordon90
Jan 18th 2009, 04:52 PM
Hi, why can't I see peoples profiles? I want to find my friend Laura on here to talk with her and her friends here more about Jesus because we talk about that a lot but I can't find her profile and I can't click on anyone's. How come please? Thanks!!

Gordon90

threebigrocks
Jan 18th 2009, 05:19 PM
Check out the FAQ's page (http://bibleforums.org/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_vb3_user_profile), top of the page on the blue bar.

tom4jesus
Feb 28th 2009, 11:57 AM
I have already activated my account with my email.

So why can't I see my own public profile?

This is directly from the FAQ:

There are a number of ways to view a member's profile. Whenever you see a member's name, clicking on it will usually take you to view their profile page.

The members list allows you to browse all registered members, and quickly click through to public profiles.

When logged in, you can also view your own public profile by logging into the forums and clicking on your username shown in the header at the top of the page.

And this is what I get when I click on my own profile name;

tom4jesus, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I also get the same message when I click on other members profiles.

Thanks
Tom

quiet dove
Feb 28th 2009, 04:11 PM
The time limitations are set up to protect the members and the board from spammers, so just relax, hang around, post in some conversations and the features of the board will come. You are going to need at least 7 days/10post to get the features to start, may as well be patient and enjoy the discussion, that is what the board is for anyway, not features, though it does have a good many.