PDA

View Full Version : Animals praise God

Romber
Jan 18th 2009, 05:44 PM
I was wondering if animals have their own, un-observed, methods of praising God. Since all things were created to glorify God, I often wonder if my Dog is ever just praising God for everything in her little head. I am pretty sure animals don't have free will like Humans do so they are forced to believe in God.

Any thoughts on this? Scriptures to give any insight?

crystalbrite
Jan 18th 2009, 09:55 PM
I was wondering if animals have their own, un-observed, methods of praising God. Since all things were created to glorify God, I often wonder if my Dog is ever just praising God for everything in her little head. I am pretty sure animals don't have free will like Humans do so they are forced to believe in God.

Any thoughts on this? Scriptures to give any insight?

IMHO, I believe all intelligence acknowledges the Creator. All human intelligence does, why not animals. Besides, some animals seem smarter and more loving than some people. Another thing, animals (domestic animals I know about) are self aware and also recognize death. I think if a creature is intelligent enough to be self aware, they are also intelligent enough to recognize the Creator. I wholey believe my cats see my angels. I have had cats my whole life. Before I was a Christian I never observed any behavior from my cats that exhibited that they were looking at anything I couldn't see. But since I became a Christian, my cats (all of them) appear to be looking at something over my shoulder no matter where I live or what room I'm in.

One more thing, off topic a little, but I want to mention it because I don't think very many people think about this, but I believe the only thing that makes humans any "better" than animals is the fact that we were created to be sons of God and animals weren't. So having said that, I think I'm okay in believing that animals are better than some people! ;)

divaD
Jan 18th 2009, 10:31 PM
I am pretty sure animals don't have
free will

I'll keep that in mind the next time my dog does everything but what I tell him to do, lol. Which by the way is all the time. He's pretty self willed for something that doesn't possess free will. I wonder why he doesn't realize that he's not supposed to have free will? If I can only get him to realize that..perhaps then he will start doing what I say and when I say it, lol.

BrckBrln
Jan 19th 2009, 05:21 AM
I think the animals praise God by just being alive. The Bible talks about the Sun and the Moon praising God also, so I don't think the animals know they were created by God, but they do praise Him and glorify Him by simply existing.

Let them praise the name of the LORD! For he commanded and they were created. Psalm 148:5