PDA

View Full Version : brain surgery tomorrow

Toymom
Jan 21st 2009, 02:44 AM
My friend's 12 year old son will have brain surgery tomorrow to try to stop the seizures that have gotten worse lately. Please pray for him.
thank you.

Vhayes
Jan 21st 2009, 02:48 AM
My friend's 12 year old son will have brain surgery tomorrow to try to stop the seizures that have gotten worse lately. Please pray for him.
thank you.
Will lift him up in prayer as well as asking for skills and wisdom for the surgeons and peace for your friend as she waits.
V

Saved!
Jan 21st 2009, 03:04 AM
Dear Lord,

I remember 2 years ago...sitting transfixed, watching that hospital door that led to the hall for nearly 10 hours...not eating a drop of food or speaking a word as my father was in surgery to remove a brain tumor.

I can not even image the fears that would have gripped me had that been my child having brain surgery.

Please Lord, bring comfort to that child, to his family. Be with the surgeons and staff. Please bring about wonderful results.

In Jesus precious name,

AMEN

SAVED!

Dani H
Jan 21st 2009, 03:16 AM
Having been through many surgeries with my kid ... I understand what that feels like as a parent. My prayers are with this young man and his family. :hug:

TRL1957
Jan 21st 2009, 03:42 AM
I will be very much in prayer, please keep us updated. God bless

livingwaters
Jan 21st 2009, 03:55 AM
:pray::pray:Lord, we pray that YOUR presence and healing hand will be in that surgery room with YOUR child while YOU grant this healing. Guide the hands of the physician, we pray! Father, strengthen the parents as they call upon YOUR name in prayer. We know that YOUR Word says where two or more are gathered in prayer, YOU will be in their midst. Father, YOUR Word also says that if two or more come together, as in touching, whatever they ask, they will receive. So, here we are Father, on both of these scriptures we stand. We know that YOUR Word is TRUTH!!! We receive what we are praying for, Father. Thank YOU Father God for hearing and answering our prayers, in Jesus' name we pray. Amen.:pray::pray:

May God Bless:)

Ashley274
Jan 21st 2009, 04:04 AM
Praying for this child :pray::pray::pray:

CoffeeCat
Jan 21st 2009, 04:10 AM
Praying for him and for his doctors, and his family! :pray:

Toymom
Jan 21st 2009, 05:31 AM
:hug: Thank you for your prayers and continued prayers through tomorrow. The surgery is at 8:30 in the morning and I am not sure how many hours they expect it to last. My husband and I will go to the hospital to be with the family for a while, but then we have to pick up kids from school and I have to work, so I will update before work if I can and then later when I know more. :pray::pray:

angel_fire
Jan 21st 2009, 05:45 AM
Praying for Jesus to heal him:pray:

Jolie76
Jan 21st 2009, 05:59 AM
Praying for a safe, and quick surgery tomorrow.
May God be there holding his hand. :pray:

Redneck Charger
Jan 21st 2009, 11:09 AM
Jesus, I pray unto you to please take care of this 12 year old boy today, as he is in surgery this morning, Please Jesus heal this boy of his seizures.. Please Jesus..:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

turtledove
Jan 21st 2009, 02:06 PM
praying all goes well with the surgery and that he recovers. :pray:

Frances
Jan 21st 2009, 08:12 PM
:pray: for wisdom for the surgeon, and Healing and Strength, for him and his parents, to cope with the aftermath of the operation . . . .

Toymom
Jan 21st 2009, 09:00 PM
The surgery went very well! :pp
There were no complications and it went as well as it could! Tomorrow they will do a CAT scan and will know more about the effects of the surgery and how much therapy he will need and how it will affect him.
Please continue to pray that this ends his seizures and that he has minimal problems from the surgery. :pray:

CoffeeCat
Jan 23rd 2009, 12:24 AM
Wonderful news!

Continuing to pray for him!

Vhayes
Jan 23rd 2009, 12:47 AM
Thank you for the update and praise God for such great news! I will continue to pray.
V

moltenflower
Jan 23rd 2009, 12:53 AM
thank you.

Father, I bring this child before You. Only You have the healing touch and the power to stop the seizures, if it be Your Will. I ask, Father, that if it is Your Will, he will be healed and allowed to live out a long, happy, healthy life walking with Your Son, Jesus Christ, all throughout. I also bring his family before You, Father. I pray that if they're not saved, that they come to know You. I ask that You send believers their way in order to witness to them. If they are saved, Father, I ask that they dive into Your Word where the Comforter is longing to comfort and encourage them. Only through You, Father, is a peace that passes all understanding. I pray this all, in Jesus Name. Amen!

moltenflower
Jan 23rd 2009, 12:55 AM
The surgery went very well! :pp
There were no complications and it went as well as it could! Tomorrow they will do a CAT scan and will know more about the effects of the surgery and how much therapy he will need and how it will affect him.
Please continue to pray that this ends his seizures and that he has minimal problems from the surgery. :pray:

May You be praised, Father! All the glory and honor, I give to You!

Toymom
Jan 24th 2009, 05:11 AM
Thank you for your continued prayers. He has continued to have seizures after the surgery and he is very discouraged about that. I am not sure if they were expecting them to stop immediately or not - I spoke with a friend who visited and I will talk to the mom tomorrow if I can. Please continue to pray for his recovery and for his family.
thank you

Redneck Charger
Jan 24th 2009, 03:33 PM
Thank you Lord Jesus.. thank you for carrying him through this surgery with no complications.. and now please take care of him Jesus.. Praise the Lord.. Thank you...:pray::pp:pray::pp:pray:

Adarian
Jan 25th 2009, 08:07 AM
Father,
You made each one of us with painstaking detail, and wisdom, and loving kindness. You knit each of us together with purpose. We know that You heal us from our oppressions also, so that Your glory is revealed in us. Glorify Your Name in this twelve year old boy whom we know You love, and have made for yourself with much love and much consideration. Heal him Lord, that he should be free of this ugly oppression, in Jesus Name.

miepie
Feb 4th 2009, 07:14 AM
How is he doing now? :hug: Can I have his first name (you can pm it to me if you don't want it to be on the main board)....... it's easier in my prayers to have the name...... :hug:

Love you,
Mieke :kiss:

kangkongking
Feb 5th 2009, 11:39 AM
Lord, may you guide the hands of the surgeons that will do the surgery. be with the child and never leave his side. :pray:

Frances
Feb 9th 2009, 05:52 PM
:pray: for total Healing, and that he will know You are with him at all times . . .

moltenflower
Feb 9th 2009, 08:05 PM
Father, I continue to bring this child before You, asking You to heal him if it be Your Will. I ask for strength and courage for the family and may they lean on You throughout. In Jesus Name, amen.

Toymom
Mar 6th 2009, 03:27 PM
The surgery went well, but Xavier is still having seizures. Now that the two halves of his brain are separated they are able to see that the seizure activity is only from the left side, which is good. He got toxic from all of the medications he was on and they had to cut back on the meds which increased his seizures including those where he falls down.
So, he will have to have the second surgery in April.
This second surgery is more serious and dangerous than the first one.
They will open his head and put electrodes or something on the left side of his brain which will monitor the brain activity so they can find the exact spot that the seizures are coming from. They will sew his head up and leave the wires sticking out and monitor for 5 days. During that time he will be at a high risk for getting infection. Then, hopefully they will locate the damaged cells or area and they will remove that part of his brain so that the seizures will stop.

He is a sweet 12 year old boy in 6th grade and is happy and positive and an inspiration to his teachers and to everyone he knows. He is a very precious child of God.
Please continue to keep Xavier and his family in your prayers.
I am not sure of the surgery date in April - I do not think they have set the date yet - I will update when I know more.
Thank you all for your prayers for him.

miepie
Mar 6th 2009, 03:35 PM
Thank you so much for the update...... :hug:
Me and hubby are praying for him every day, and when you give us the day of the surgery, we will definitely pray more for him that day and the days after the surgery when there's a high risk for infection....... hopefully they will find the right spot and then cure it...... :pray:

Love you,

AndrewBaptistFL
Mar 6th 2009, 03:39 PM
:pray:I am joining with you in prayer.

moonglow
Mar 6th 2009, 03:56 PM
I will be sure to pray for him and they are successful in getting this under control so he can have a long, healthy and happy life.

God bless

elle_kay
Mar 6th 2009, 05:49 PM
Our son had a stroke last year, at 19. He continues to deal with seizures and some paralysis, but the Lord is good. (now, there's a masterpiece of understatement!!)

What a tough thing for such a little child to go through- this precious family is in my prayer notebook. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to intercede for them!

Father, be with this little boy, with this family. Heal them, make the seizures stop, give your wisdom to his doctors. Thank you for all you are doing that we don't see, and all that you will do. Glorify your Son in this- give this child a testimony to your love and mercy for life, for Jesus sake.

Toymom
Mar 6th 2009, 07:57 PM
I am praying for your son as well. What is his name?

Indueseason
Mar 6th 2009, 08:02 PM
:hug: Praying that the Lord will heal Xavier, that he will not need to have this upcoming surgery. Praying that the Lord will bless you with peace and joy, that you may be strengthened. :pray::pray:

miepie
Mar 6th 2009, 08:04 PM
Our son had a stroke last year, at 19. He continues to deal with seizures and some paralysis, but the Lord is good. (now, there's a masterpiece of understatement!!)quote]
Would you mind making a separate prayerthread for your son Lori? :hug: I think your son deserves some prayers too, and we have powerful prayerwarriors here (including me ;)) that would love to pray for him.......

[QUOTE=Toymom;2002912]I am praying for your son as well. What is his name?
I'll pray too..... please give us his name...... :hug:

Love you,

Colo25
Mar 7th 2009, 05:33 AM
Praying that the Lord will heal Xavier!:pray:

Christian Sweetie
Mar 8th 2009, 04:49 AM
I am praying that the Lord will heal Xavier so that he may not need the surgery at all! And I pray that if that is not His will, that the surgery may go well and that Xavier may not get an infection. Lord we stand in agreement with each other, heal this child Father Almighty! Lift him up to You, so that he may never have surgery again! Lord, I pray that the seizures stop and this child that You love may go onto have a happy and healthy life.:pray:

elle_kay
Mar 9th 2009, 01:53 PM
Please accept my apologies- I in no way intended to hijack the thread to make it about our son. :((Jesse, and thanks for asking. :hug:)

Father, continue to hold Xavier in your strong hand. I ask you to bless his family with peace and an understanding of just how big and loving you are. Manifest your Son to Xavier, I ask you to give him health and more than that- a relationship with Jesus. :pray:

miepie
Mar 9th 2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks for giving us his name...... I have been praying for Jesse already and will continue to do so....... :hug: I am also praying for Xavier....... :pray:

Love you,

Toymom
Apr 4th 2009, 05:21 PM
Here is the latest
on update on Xavier's situation. He recovered quickly from the first surgery & went back to school a couple of weeks later. Unfortunatly the surgery did not accomplish as much as had been hoped. He started having daytime & nightime seizures again a few weeks afterward. He was hospitalized for a couple of days for testing and thankfully it has been established that the seizure activity is coming from the left frontal lobe ONLY. They have added a third medication to the mix & it has helped him quite a bit. They have been making adjustments to the doses in hopes of improving, but it seems they won't be able to get complete control through medications alone.
The next step is to surgically implant electrodes on the frontal lobe in order to pinpoint the exact location of damage & to determine if it is located within an operable area of the brain. This will be followed by monitoring, which will be done for about 5 days. After that, the surgeon will remove the implants & if so determined, she will remove the affected part of the brain as well. He is expected to be in the hospital for about 10-14 days. This is a much harder surgery since it involves the temporary inplants and the partial removal of the brain, which has a lot of different risks. The surgery is scheduled for April 27th.
As you can see, they have a long road ahead of them. Xavier has a very good chance of being freed from these seizures, and they feel this is the road they have been led to take. We pray for The Lords leading in EVERY aspect, not only for the family but also for all the doctors involved. May He cover Xavier & protect Him fully.
Xavier is actually looking forward to the surgery- he is ready to be done with all of this! His family has been so blessed in that he has maintained his positive attitude and lightheartedness. His parents can also testify that they have been carried through all this by The Lord & all of the continued prayers . They have the assurance that all this will lead to salvation & that The Lord has gained much from this.

miepie
Apr 4th 2009, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the update! :hug:
Xavier will be in our special prayers on April the 27th....... :hug:

Love you,

moonglow
Apr 5th 2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear he is still having seizures and has to go through another surgery...but I can understand him wanting the seizures to stop! They will be in my prayers...

God bless

IMINXTC
Apr 5th 2009, 09:49 PM
Holding Xavier before the LORD, asking for complete success in his upcoming surgery and permanent deliverance from these siezures.

Thanking the LORD for the competent doctors he has provided for and praying for guidance in all of their procedures.

And thanking God that He will use these circumstances to open doors to the Gospel and to salvation.

*Hope*
Apr 5th 2009, 09:51 PM
I will be praying for Xavier also...

livingwaters
Apr 5th 2009, 09:58 PM
Praising the Lord for giving Xavier peace and strength through all of these many trials! May the Lord continue to show HIS power and love in all of this family. Lord, we know that YOU have heard our prayers, so, we know that we shall receive what we have prayed for in this situation!! Thank YOU, Lord for loving us so and being so faithful to hear and answer our prayers. I pray all these things in Jesus' name. Amen.:pray::pray::pray::pray:

God Bless:)

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn201/cherylhebert/encouragement/1227413638.gif