PDA

View Full Version : "...As we prepare the nation for a NEW AGE."

JesusMySavior
Jan 21st 2009, 05:06 AM
First, let me quote Romans 13 and say that we are subject to our governing authorities, whomever they may be.

With that being said I respect our new U.S. President, Barack Hussein Obama.

I'm not one to watch much news or even secular television, but I figured I'd find what was going on with Israel and the inauguration and such.

Twice I have heard Mr. Obama refer to the nation as entering or participating in a "new age". Regardless what he or others may think he means, my spiritual ears perked up and took a close listen to the subtleties of what was being said.

I must say I'm not usually apt to blow things out of proportion (depending on who you ask), but I have been keeping a close watch on many things around the world and in america where I reside, and it all seems to point to a one world government.

Economic pressures drive those without a backbone to do almost anything to feed their families (which is very understandable) and leaves people clinging to a government that is quickly falling apart. I speak of my homeland but I know also around the world where food is scarce, there are riots and wars breaking out, greed and anarchy and bloodshed. We are blessed, americans, to be in a land that is free and full of promise. But as Christians, when we see the turmoil around us, and we see our government and our homeland rapidly diminishing, we must not fear, but rather fear HIM who has saved us and to be prepared for what is to come.

Obama wants to shape the nation in a format that is highly technological, highly advanced, and where wireless information transfer is available "...in every room, office, and school" (paraphrased). Technology can be a great thing if used in the right manner - but technology, if fumbled into the wrong hands, can create a monster of power and evil and dictatorship. The Bible talks about the beast controlling all through a one-world system. I know there are differing views on this subject, but I clearly see the pieces falling into place. The inauguration of our new president brings hope to those who are looking for a savior and yet he points the way to a new form of living, that promises freedom from this turmoil. But yet those who are blinded (II Cor. 4:4) don't realize that it will get very bad soon, and the only way to escape is to have faith in this new system, which requires complete sacrifice of all personal freedom and virtue. (Do you see a mirror?)

Those who fall onto this new system like hopeless wretches will be empowered by it, so that they may live in the world, to continue to buy and sell and live abundant lives (according to the world's standards). This system will be ushered or created by one man who will claim to solve the world's problems (I am NOT talking about Obama), and GIVE them this empowerment, perhaps by breathing his poisonous blasphemous speeches on them to deceive them. Said man will set up a worldwide order that leans hard on the "survival of the fittest", and will claim that if anyone is to survive this worldwide turmoil, they are to simply put their trust in him and his system. However! There is one catch - if you are to engage in this system, you must carry a "mark" that differentiates you from the rest of the world. For those who would rather fight on their own, they are cast out as zeroes and castaways. No help will be given to these people, because the hard-hearted followers of the new age will look down their noses at them.

Soon, after the newness factor has worn off and worldly power has increased (which is entirely wimpy compared to the true power of the living God) in the hands of this deceiver, he will initiate a martial law requiring all to have this mark, or else to be put to death by capital punishment, as is fitting since these castaways slow the movement down.

He will set up his one-world religion, his one world beast currency, and his one world government. Those who carry the mark will be required to hail this man as god, and through this mark i believe he will have the superficial ability to control their minds, therefore they are damned forever.

Soon after Christ will return (what a glorious NAME in the midst of such darkness!) and overthrow this blasphemous government and set up righteous reign on earth, where the sinners will gnash their teeth because they have loved darkness rather than HE who is the LIGHT of the World (John 8:12).

It may be a stretch for some but I clearly see it all coming together. Let God make us strong to withstand the deception, as one cannot merely stand alone, since it is the blood of Christ that cleanses our hearts and keeps us from deception. One will simply not be able to withstand the deception of the enemy unless they have been heart-washed by Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Let those who say they know Christ know Him in word and deed, and let their hearts be washed from the deception and transgression of the world. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

wombat
Jan 21st 2009, 02:37 PM
It may be a stretch for some but I clearly see it all coming together.
Hi, JesusMySavior! I have been seeing the same thing. This one-world program is becoming more and more intensely called for as the days go by. It seems to have all started way back when calls were made to create a body that became the UN. Since that time, we've had an ever-increasing call for a united world, sometimes named as a "new age", sometimes as a "new world order", etc., etc., etc. I think 2008 became a key year for this movement toward one-world unity. Things seem to be coming to a head. The economic disaster in particular has brought the world's leaders together in a way never before seen, in hopes of relieving the troubles. Not to mention the various "unions" that are taking shape around the world, such as the Mediterranean Union, the European Union (which I think I heard needs only two more states to ratify the Lisbon Treaty), the African Union, the South American Union, etc. And now it seems the whole world is placing its hopes in the new president of the U.S., I suppose for many different reasons, but it seems to me the root of those hopes are the desire for an end to conflicts, a desire for harmony around the world.

I believe we will be seeing much, much more in the news this year that will head us toward the antiChrist's one-world government and the mark of the beast economic system.

moonglow
Jan 21st 2009, 03:16 PM
W. Bush spoke of embarking in a "new world order" during one of his Presidential speeches. People freaked out, but (obviously, since he's no longer president, and on an incredibly low-note at that, and the world didn't end) nothing came of it.

I agree....I have heard this same concern going back 30 years and if you do a search on history, people have said the same things for many many years, including in other bad economic times.

I did a search on the net putting in Bush and new world order...look at all the sites convinced this was it...including books written on it too:http://www.google.com/search?q=new+world+order+Bush&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Some of these include the first Bush too! Regan was suppose to be the one that heralded in the new world order also.

A few examples of threads on this board...notice the dates posted...one going back to 04 another in 07:

Bush & His New World Order
http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=23635&highlight=world+order+Bush

Bush announces Mark of the beast system back in 6/6/6??
http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=88951&highlight=Bush+mark

The muslim countries will never be apart of any one world government...not China or Russia and frankly America is stretched so thin with the two wars we are in now...there is no way we could force these other countries to do such a thing. We don't have the money or the man power.

I think people need to take a look at what 'world' means in the bible...it doesn't always mean the entire literal globe.

The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (http://www.studylight.org/enc/isb/view.cgi?number=T9234)
(3) Oikoumene.

The word oikoumene occasionally means the Roman empire, regarded as pre-eminently the region of settled human life. So Luke 2:1; Acts 11:28, and perhaps Revelation 3:10, and other apocalyptic passages. In Hebrews it is used mystically of the Empire of the Messiah (1:6; 2:5).

The New Testament Greek Lexicon (http://www.studylight.org/lex/grk/view.cgi?number=3625)

Strong's Number: 3625 oi╬koumeĐnh
Original Word Word Origin
oi╬koumeĐnh feminine participle present passive of (3611) (as noun, by implication of (1093))
Transliterated Word Phonetic Spelling
Oikoumene oy-kou-men'-ay
Parts of Speech TDNT
Noun Feminine 5:157,674
Definition

1. the inhabited earth
1. the portion of the earth inhabited by the Greeks, in distinction from the lands of the barbarians
2. the Roman empire, all the subjects of the empire
3. the whole inhabited earth, the world
4. the inhabitants of the earth, men
2. the universe, the world

Translated Words
KJV (15) - earth, 1; world, 14;

NAS (15) - inhabited earth, 1; world, 14;

When Revelation was written, Rome ruled the world.

Just some things to consider. The 'world' was much smaller then and Rome ruled over all the surrounding towns and cities including Jerusalem. Much easier to actually do these things. One of the biggest problems with giving the mark to everyone is millions in this world have no money to need a mark to buy or sell anything.

The World Bank defines extreme poverty as living on less than US$ (PPP) 1 per day, and moderate poverty as less than $2 a day. It has been estimated that in 2001, 1.1 billion people had consumption levels below $1 a day and 2.7 billion lived on less than $2 a day.

Even if poverty may be lessening for the world as a whole, it continues to be an enormous problem:

One third of deaths - some 18 million people a year or 50,000 per day - are due to poverty-related causes. That's 270 million people since 1990, the majority women and children, roughly equal to the population of the US.
Every year nearly 11 million children die before their fifth birthday.
800 million people go to bed hungry every day.
The three richest people in the world control more wealth than all 600 million people living in the world's poorest countries.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty

So the poverty problem world wide would have to be solved first but Jesus said the poor would always be with us...

The muslims in Gaza are already mad at Obama for not supporting them. The gays are mad because he had Rick Warren do the prayer. The atheist are mad because they wanted 'so help me God' taken out of the Presidential oath...the news is already complaining about his speech...so division is already starting...what did we expect? :rolleyes:

God bless

quiet dove
Jan 21st 2009, 08:02 PM
Political threads are off the debate table for the moment. At some point they will be permitted again, but no date has been set.

The plans being made with all the governments in the world have been an on going process for quite some time, nothing new there, just maybe a little more obvious.

If you want a thread with specifics in law around the world, where ever, that are "one world" friendly, that is fine, but you will have to dig and do your homework. A thread about this or that president will be considered political and closed.

I know it is a tricky line here in ETC, but political is off the table, dig deeper to changes that have actually taken place. It is secondary who did what, as it is all part a the big plan. Lets steer from political which always leads to bashing and/or fires which is why political is off the table for the moment.

Sorry if I deleted one of your post, I did delete several post by several of ya, nothing personal, but if it goes political the thread will have to be closed. So I am trying to help, not be difficult.

Semi-tortured
Jan 21st 2009, 08:53 PM
I agree....I have heard this same concern going back 30 years and if you do a search on history, people have said the same things for many many years, including in other bad economic times.

I did a search on the net putting in Bush and new world order...look at all the sites convinced this was it...including books written on it too:http://www.google.com/search?q=new+world+order+Bush&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Some of these include the first Bush too! Regan was suppose to be the one that heralded in the new world order also.

A few examples of threads on this board...notice the dates posted...one going back to 04 another in 07:

Bush & His New World Order
http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=23635&highlight=world+order+Bush

Bush announces Mark of the beast system back in 6/6/6??
http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=88951&highlight=Bush+mark

The muslim countries will never be apart of any one world government...not China or Russia and frankly America is stretched so thin with the two wars we are in now...there is no way we could force these other countries to do such a thing. We don't have the money or the man power.

I think people need to take a look at what 'world' means in the bible...it doesn't always mean the entire literal globe.

The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (http://www.studylight.org/enc/isb/view.cgi?number=T9234)
(3) Oikoumene.

The word oikoumene occasionally means the Roman empire, regarded as pre-eminently the region of settled human life. So Luke 2:1; Acts 11:28, and perhaps Revelation 3:10, and other apocalyptic passages. In Hebrews it is used mystically of the Empire of the Messiah (1:6; 2:5).

The New Testament Greek Lexicon (http://www.studylight.org/lex/grk/view.cgi?number=3625)

Strong's Number: 3625 oi╬koumeĐnh
Original Word Word Origin
oi╬koumeĐnh feminine participle present passive of (3611) (as noun, by implication of (1093))
Transliterated Word Phonetic Spelling
Oikoumene oy-kou-men'-ay
Parts of Speech TDNT
Noun Feminine 5:157,674
Definition

1. the inhabited earth
1. the portion of the earth inhabited by the Greeks, in distinction from the lands of the barbarians
2. the Roman empire, all the subjects of the empire
3. the whole inhabited earth, the world
4. the inhabitants of the earth, men
2. the universe, the world

Translated Words
KJV (15) - earth, 1; world, 14;

NAS (15) - inhabited earth, 1; world, 14;

When Revelation was written, Rome ruled the world.

Just some things to consider. The 'world' was much smaller then and Rome ruled over all the surrounding towns and cities including Jerusalem. Much easier to actually do these things. One of the biggest problems with giving the mark to everyone is millions in this world have no money to need a mark to buy or sell anything.

The World Bank defines extreme poverty as living on less than US$ (PPP) 1 per day, and moderate poverty as less than $2 a day. It has been estimated that in 2001, 1.1 billion people had consumption levels below $1 a day and 2.7 billion lived on less than $2 a day.

Even if poverty may be lessening for the world as a whole, it continues to be an enormous problem:

One third of deaths - some 18 million people a year or 50,000 per day - are due to poverty-related causes. That's 270 million people since 1990, the majority women and children, roughly equal to the population of the US.
Every year nearly 11 million children die before their fifth birthday.
800 million people go to bed hungry every day.
The three richest people in the world control more wealth than all 600 million people living in the world's poorest countries.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty

So the poverty problem world wide would have to be solved first but Jesus said the poor would always be with us...

The muslims in Gaza are already mad at Obama for not supporting them. The gays are mad because he had Rick Warren do the prayer. The atheist are mad because they wanted 'so help me God' taken out of the Presidential oath...the news is already complaining about his speech...so division is already starting...what did we expect? :rolleyes:

God bless

Great Post. What is a "New Age" anyway? I graduated from college and I embarked on a New Age. I got married and I embarked on a New Age.

And New World Order doesn't automatically mean One World Gov. controlled by the Beast. It could mean a different way the countries do business and help lesser countries, etc.

I try not to be one of those people that debunks all the end times stuff, but sometimes a New Age means just that. An age that is new or different.

moonglow
Jan 21st 2009, 09:26 PM
Great Post. What is a "New Age" anyway? I graduated from college and I embarked on a New Age. I got married and I embarked on a New Age.

And New World Order doesn't automatically mean One World Gov. controlled by the Beast. It could mean a different way the countries do business and help lesser countries, etc.

I try not to be one of those people that debunks all the end times stuff, but sometimes a New Age means just that. An age that is new or different.

Jesus is actually the one that said their would be a NEW earth..nothing to fear there and He is the one that spoke of an 'end to an age'...also. So I am not such why the concern here. There is nothing about the AC/beast starting a new earth...or a new age...

God bless

markedward
Jan 21st 2009, 11:55 PM
Jesus promised a "new age". Maybe not in those words, but "new age" would be the simplified expression of what it was He spoke about ("the age to come"). And (good catch moonglow), His open use of the phrase "end of the age" directly implies the start of a "new age" after that.

quiet dove
Jan 22nd 2009, 12:01 AM
New age is a generic term and "one world" is probably a better choice when it comes to end times "stuff". I think "new age" has come about being used as "new age" relates to spiritual beliefs, and that is really not accurate because "new age" is basically "old Eastern Mysticism". The only thing "new" about it is where it has spread, who is practicing it and the terminology used to promote/target it towards specific groups as harmless and anything but Eastern "religion". Be it scientific yoga or Christian meditation, both sound harmless but have their roots in mysticism and actual "meditation" as Biblically described is nothing the same as "meditation" taught with an Eastern Mysticism twist, though the terminology sounds the same one is Biblical, one is antiBiblical.

moonglow
Jan 22nd 2009, 03:51 AM
Jesus promised a "new age". Maybe not in those words, but "new age" would be the simplified expression of what it was He spoke about ("the age to come"). And (good catch moonglow), His open use of the phrase "end of the age" directly implies the start of a "new age" after that.

Yea that is what I meant...how it got turned around to new age in a negative way I am not sure but QD reminded me of how the term is used in a 'type' of belief...which I wasn't even thinking about ...:rolleyes: So thanks for that QD. :)

God bless

My heart's Desire
Jan 22nd 2009, 05:57 AM
I believe we are in those perilous times the Bible refers to, new age or not.

moonglow
Jan 22nd 2009, 03:11 PM
I believe we are in those perilous times the Bible refers to, new age or not.

I think we have already been in perilous times actually....

God bless